Rise & shine AND Happy Monday morning!
Oh, how I wish I did not have to remind you.
BUT, if you live in Quebec… IT’S A FREAKING LONG WEEKEND. So I am happy AF to remind you that TODAY IS A PROLONGATION OF YOUR WEEKEND. WE QUÉBECOIS ARE TOTZ WINNING AT LIFE STAT.
And for all you munchkins who are NOT from Quebec, today is Monday… & Monday means the start of a new workweek, BUT IT ALSO MEANS THAT YOU’LL NEED SOME YUMMY DINNA SOLUTIONS to make you (& your tummies) happy AF after a long day of work… AND THAT’S WHERE I COME IN!
So here I am, back again, only this time, WITH LAST NIGHTS LAZY-AF DINNER GOALS (Yes, even I get lazy sometimes… I mean, wouldn’t you if you woke up at 5:30AM every morning? Loving life though. Loving my lifestyle changes. LOVING EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW!).
AND yep, even though I was lazy-AF, this babe still qualifies as DINNER GOALS. I mean… how gorgeous is she? I know. I know. No need to say it twice.
ANYWHO, ladies & gents, this is my Spiced-Up AF Broccoli, Mushroom, Onion, Greens & Goat Cheese Egg White Scramble a.k.a. One-Of-The-Million-Reasons-I-Am-Never-Ever-Breaking-Up-With-Goat-Cheese!
And you know what they say, IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT THE LOOKS, right? I mean, she’s pretty AF (& the looks DO HELP to get your “foot in the door”, if you know what I mean). But this baby is also LOADED with protein & an array of VITAL-FOR-OUR-BODS nutrients, minerals & vitamins, which provide ALL KINDS of HEALTH BENEFITS! LIKE WHAT, you ask?
- Mushrooms: Great source of protein, fibre, vitamins B & C, calcium, minerals & selenium. ALSO, packed with powerful antioxidants!
- Spinach: Low in fat & cholesterol, high in niacin & zinc, as well as protein, fibre, vitamins A, C, E & K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, POTASSIUM, copper & manganese. WOAH!
- Onions: Contain phytochemicals & vitamin C to help improve immunity, as well as chromium, which assists in regulating blood sugar!
- Broccoli: Removes toxins & free radicals from the bod (a.k.a. packed with antioxidants), helps fight certain cancers, strengthens immune system, heart-healthy, helps with digestion, helps prevent macular degeneration & HELPS TO MAINTAIN HEALTY & GLOWING SKIN!
- Goat cheese: Contains less lactose than cow’s milk & cheese & smaller fat globules, which makes it EASIER TO DIGEST! ALSO, low in fat, cholesterol & sodium, all while being a good source of protein! High source of riboflavin, phosphorus & a larger source of vitamins D, K, thiamine & niacin than cheese made from cow’s milk!
- Cilantro: AMAZING source of dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, E, K, calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium (P.S. vitamin K is essential for the maintenance of strong BONES, TEETH & HAIR!).
- Egg whites: PROTEIN FOR DAYS!
- Garlic: Totz beneficial for regulating blood pressure & blood sugar levels!
WAIT. And get this? GIVEN MY LAZINESS, you can imagine how ecstatic I was when she took me like a whole… TEN MINUTES to whip up! Awesome, right?
OH & TO MAKE THINGS EVEN MORE AWESOME, yes, you read right, SHE’S LOADED WITH FREAKING ORGANIC GOAT CHEESE. Honestly, I probably should calm down on the goat cheese… but, my loves, there is a huge difference between what I should do & what I will do.
ALL THIS TO SAY, I AM NOT CALMING DOWN ON THE GOAT CHEESE. Sorry not sorry. AND THERE IS JUST SOMETHING SO MAGICAL ABOUT THE COMBINATION OF EGGS & GOAT CHEESE. Please tell me somebody agrees with me here & that I am not completely insane. AND WELL, EVEN IF I AM. OH WELL. I’m staying faithful to my goat cheese.
I simply could not wait to share this simple, quick, easy & SUPER-DUPER-ÜBER NUTRITIOUS BABE with you munchkins! So if that SCRAMBLE CRAVING hit you after seeing all that food porn all over my Insta (not to mention that live feed of me SO POLITELY DEVOURING THIS BABE), GET COOKIN’ GOOD LOOKIN’!
RIGHT. It might help if I tell you how. OKAY, sorry. I got too into my rant. As always. BUT HERE I GO. The essentials. Stat!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- Organic coconut oil cooking-spray (or 1 tbsp. of coconut oil or olive oil!);
- 1 clove of garlic, MINCED;
- 1 small white onion, DICED;
- 120g of broccoli florets, STEMS CHOPPED;
- 100g of white mushrooms, DICED;
- 4 organic egg whites;
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- A heaping handful of spinach;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ½ tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- ¼ – ½ tsp. of ground turmeric;
- ½ tsp. of ground cumin;
- A pinch of sea salt;
- A pinch of cayenne pepper;
- ¼ cup of organic fine herb & garlic goat cheese;
- Freshly ground black pepper for seasoning;
- OPTIONAL: Dried red pepper chilli flakes or Sriracha for garnish & for some added spice OR nutritional yeast/Parm/Romano for seasoning OR BOTH!
OKAY, now how does all this fresh beautifulness become this babe of a dish?! LET ME EXPLAIN. BTW, I’m sorry in advance for all the mincing, chopping & dicing you’ll be doing to whip this one up, but I PROMISE YOU IT’S WORTH IT.
You trust me, right? I hope so!!!! And well, if not…let this be the start of something new & beautiful, A.K.A. YOU LEARNING TO TRUST ME FOR ALL YOUR RECIPE SOLUTIONS (a.k.a. all your “I-don’t-know-what-to-make-for-breakfast-lunch-or-dinner-sitchs”!).
OKAY, LET’S DO THIS!
- Heat your coconut oil cooking spray in a skillet over MEDIUM HEAT!
- Once heated, add your garlic, onion, broccoli & mushrooms to the skillet & sauté THE BABES over MEDIUM HEAT until fragrant & browned (AHHH, what a pretty sight though!!!), about 6-8 minutes!
- Once your veggies are browned & GORG-AF, lower the heat to MEDIUM-LOW & pour in your egg whites & throw in your cilantro & spinach!
- NOW, TIME TO ADD SOME SPICE TO THIS BABY – Garnish all this beautifulness with the garlic powder, paprika, parsley, turmeric, cumin, sea salt & a pinch of cayenne pepper! STIR THE EFF OUT OF THIS BABE OF A SKILLET TO MAKE SURE ALL YOUR VEGGIES & EGG WHITES ARE EVENLY COATED IN THIS SAVOURY SPICE MIX!
- Once all the veggies & egg whites are coated, throw in your goat cheese & TOSS AGAIN & watch & admire as this beautiful babe of a dins becomes CREAMY & SILKY SMOOTH-AF!
- Your. Baby. Is. Ready. Or should I say “BORN”? SERVE HER IMMEDIATELY! Season her with some freshly ground black pepper, some dried red pepper chilli flakes/Sriracha/nutritional yeast/Romano or Parm (if adding) &…
OH, BUT OF COURSE – FOOD PORN!
Enjoy my lovies!!