Clean-Eating Gluten-Free & Vegan Almond Flour, Flax & Rosemary Crackers a.k.a. The-Most-Perfectly-Crisp-Golden-Brown-Bite-Sized-Babes-That-You-Ever-Did-Crunch-&-Munch!
Good morning my loves!
(Well, to be fair, it was actually morning when I whipped these babies up (6:00am, to be precise!!), BUT NOW IT NO LONGER IS – Oh well. Good morning. Good afternoon. Good whenever-you-are-reading-this! HOW ABOUT JUST GOOD DAY?
Okay. Good day! Good day!)
(OH & HAPPY SUNDAY FUNDAY!). I’m just sitting here wondering where the sun is, but whatevz.
This morning, I WHIPPED UP a SALTY & SAVOURY TREAT & A HALF for you babies!!!! I’m talking about some vegan & gluten-free crackers & WOAH.
I don’t know about you munchkins BUT I AM CONSTANTLY ON THE HUNT FOR THE PERFECT CRACKER.
Now, what is my definition of the “perfect cracker“, you ask?
She’s gotta be:
- Made with HEALTHY AF ingredients that I’d feel good about eating on a REGULAR BASIS (because let’s be honest, crackers are DELISH with just about anything, right!?)
- Low in added fat!
- DELICIOUS, OBVS!
- & Easy to find (since I’ll most probably become a loyal AF customer if I LOVE ’em! OR WELL, if I’m making them from scratch, they’ve gotta be quick, simple & easy to throw together!)
AND WELL, I HIT THE JACKPOT THIS MORNING.
You’re probably wondering how rolling dough can be quick & easy, right? I KNOW. NOBODY WANTS TO GET DOWN & DIRTY and roll dough. TBH, when I see a recipe that requires rolling, I USUALLY pass it up! Rolling dough can be a scary thing, I know!
BUT, this baby is honestly so effing EASY to roll out! She ain’t sticky, rippy & won’t annoy the eff outta you (Trust me, if she would, I would warn y’all!).
BASICALLY, in just minutes, you’ll have crackers ready to go into the oven & turn your KITCH into BEAUTIFUL-SMELLING HEAVEN!
Your sole & only task once they’re baked? TRYING NOT TO BURN YOUR TONGUE WHEN THEY ARE FRESH OUT ‘DA OVEN! (& perhaps ATTEMPTING not to eat the entire contents of your baking sheet (or two)… BUT HONESTLY, even if you do, WHO CARES. Nourish your body & GIVE IT WHAT IT WANTS!)
P.S. The babes contain no dairy, no gluten, no refined sugars & are made with only organic ingredients!
Ladies & gents, these are my Clean-Eating Gluten-Free & Vegan Almond Flour, Flax & Rosemary Crackers a.k.a. The-Most-Perfectly-Crisp-Golden-Brown-Bite-Sized-Babes-That-You-Ever-Did-Crunch-&-Munch!
MY FAVE TWO INGREDIENTS IN THIS BABY OF A DOUGH?
Almond flour & nutritional yeast!
The rest, you ask? FINE. Like I said, it ain’t a Kelly in the Kitch recipe sans an ingredients tease. SO HERE WE GO:
Garlic powder, sea salt, thyme & rosemary! (Hope you’re feeling HERBY!)
Extra-virgin olive oil!
& perhaps some SESAME SEEDS, if you’re vibing them!
These babies will have you WOW-ED for like 9481309480942 reasons!
The perfect amount of crispy, crunchy, munchy (not a word, but whatevz! It’s now part of my vocabulary, so yep!) & toasted deliciousness.
THE SPICE MIX IS LETHAL. BUT, IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE.
THEY GO WELL WITH ALL THINGS CHEESY, SWEET OR SAVOURY!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- ½ cup of gluten-free all purpose flour;
- ½ cup of organic almond flour <3 <3 <3;
- P.S. other flours, such as brown rice flour, might work, BUT keep in mind that the flavours might change a bit & that I am not CERTAIN how the babes will turn out as I’ve only tried them with the gluten-free flour & the almond flour!
- 2 tbsp. of organic ground flaxseed;
- 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast <3 <3 <3;
- ¼ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of sea salt;
- ½ tsp. dried thyme;
- 1 tsp. of dried rosemary;
- ½ tsp. of baking soda;
- ¼ cup of water;
- ½ tsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- OPTIONAL: 2-4 tbsp. of sesame seeds!
Now that we’ve got them ingredients DOWN-PACKED… it’s time for that HOW-TO?!
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. SET ASIDE!
- In a LARGE bowl, mix together the dry ingredients!
- Add the wet ingredients (water & olive oil) & MIX FREAKING WELL WITH A WOODEN SPOON OR SPATULA!
- Knead the dough with your hands until it comes together (a.k.a. there should no longer be any crumbles on the sides of your bowl!)
- Once your dough sticks together, shape it into a ball!
- Place the ball of dough on the parchment paper & ROLL IT OUT UNTIL IT’S ABOUT 1/8 inch thick, OR BASICALLY, AS THIN AS YOU CAN GET IT WITHOUT RIPPING!
- Once your dough is rolled out, slice it into crackers! (They don’t have to be perfectly square or rectangular – just slice ‘em into the size that you’ll like them based on what you’re planning on eating them with – AS IS, or with a spread?
- If you’re planning on using spreads on them, make them a bit larger!
- But if you’re planning to crunch & munch on them as is, feel free to make them bite-sized!
- Bake the babes at 350F for 18-20 minutes. I baked mine for 19 minutes (I know, I’m so precise, BUT I CAN’T HELP IT. Lawlz!) & they were absolutely perfect! The crackers should be slightly golden in color & the edges should be browned & look crisp!
- Cool the babes on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Once they are cooled, store them in an airtight container at room temperature! (My loves, there will be no cooling & there will most certainly be NO STORING. I’m telling you. You’re going to whip out some hummus, tzatziki, goat cheese, feta cheese, cream cheese, eggplant spread, butter, margarine, nut butter, jam & EVERY OTHER SPREADABLE HEAVEN THAT EXISTS ON THE FACT OF THIS EARTH & the rest is HISTORY. FREAKING HISTORY!
OH & FOOD PORN!!
Enjoy babies!! <3 XOXO!