ALSO, happy AVOCADO-DAY! Lawlz, kidding! Totally just made that up. BUT SERIOUSLY, A FRUIT (Yep, avocados are a fruit) THIS DELICIOUS & GOOD FOR YOU deserves its VERY OWN NATIONAL HOLIDAY. Don’t you agree? YOU BETTER.
AND IF YOU DON’T, WELL… I WITHHOLD YOUR PRIVILEGE TO CONTINUE READING THIS POST (If only there were a way I could do that, LAWLZ! Just kidding, I love each & every one of you munchkins WAY TOO MUCH & I would never deprive you of this deliciousness!)
OKAY, no but seriously, I woke you this morning to the SITCH IN MY KITCH & I’m referring to none other than my CLEAN-EATING GREEK YOGURT & PEACH GUAC!
My loves, this stuff is:
So freaking good for you!
Jam packed & I mean, loaded, with tons of healthy fats, vitamins & minerals!
THE PERF SIDE DISH (or topping for AVO TOAST, obvs!) to get you feeling them summer vibes!
The perfect balance between SWEET & SAVOURY!
OH & do not even get me started about how creamy, silky, smooth & MOST PROBABLY, THE HEALTHIEST GUAC that you ever did see!!!
My loves, this babe contains ZERO OIL. ZERO MAYO. ZERO REFINED SUGAR & ZERO GLUTEN. Woah, what?! I know, it seems too good to be true. BUT IT AIN’T. Sometimes, we’ve just gotta appreciate the AMAZING THINGS IN LIFE & this my loves, is one of those times!!!!!
Ladies & gents, this is Kelly’s Clean-Eating Zero Oil, Mayo, Refined-Sugar & Gluten-Free Greek Yogurt & Peach Guac a.k.a. The Creamiest-Smoothest-Silkiest-Healthiest-Guac-That-You-Ever-Did-See!
I’ve ranted, raved, blogged, gone cray-cray on you munchkins all about the benefits of avocados. YOU KNOW I LOVE THEM. YOU KNOW I AM OBSESSED WITH THEM. AND YOU KNOW I DIE FOR ALL THEIR BENEFITS. And so, I won’t bore you munchkins with a recital (
repetition) of why they’re so AWESOME.
But, I will teach you munchkins a thing or two, or three, OR FOUR, about peaches!
And so, without further ado, a LITTLE SESH OF NUTRITION-101 WITH KELLY IN THE KITCH ABOUT NONE OTHER THAN… PEACHES!
Low in saturated fat & cholesterol!
Contain an IMPRESSIVE assortment of vitamins & minerals!
Provide 17% f the RDV of vitamin C per serving! a.k.a. peaches can help fight infection & they contain antioxidants that ward off free radicals looking to damage our cells & bodies!
Contain Vitamin A, offering B-carotenes that convert to RETINOL, which is essential for eyesight, protects against certain cancers & helps maintain healthy mucus membranes & elasticity in the skin due to its polyunsaturated fatty acid content! (P.S. The darker the peach’s flesh, the more vitamin A it contains!)
Contain iron, required for red blood cell formation & to carry oxygen from our lungs & throughout our bods!
Peaches also contain FLAVONOIDS, such as lycopene & lutein, which work together to help fight macular degeneration, cancer & cardiovascular disease. Flavonoids are basically a type of antioxidant that also generally protect against free radicals that prematurely age our bods & ultimately, lead to disease.
The babes also contain vitamin E, K, niacin & copper, as well as a lesser amount of magnesium, manganese, calcium & phosphorus!
OKAY, LESSON OVER. See, it wasn’t THAT bad, now was it? You definitely learned a thing or two. I KNOW I DID!
Anywho munchkins, it’s about that time. THAT TIME WHERE I MAKE THIS CREAMY-AF BABE BECOME YOURS. You ready? (I don’t think you are, but you’ll just have to be because once I get going, I’m going & I’m going until the end… A.K.A. UNTIL SHE IS SMOTHERED, SPREAD, LATHERED, DIPPED, LICKED, SCARFED DOWN & DEVOURED BY YOU!)
Here we go!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 mashed avocado;
- 2/3 cup of 2% organic Greek yogurt;
- 1 tsp. of lime juice;
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of onion powder;
- ½ tsp. of sea salt;
- 1/8 tsp. of cayenne pepper;
- 1 fresh peach, DICED (My loves, try to use a hard one to add a little bit of sweet crunch to your guac!);
- ¼ cup of red onion, FINELY CHOPPED;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- OPTIONAL: 2 tbsp. of seeded jalapeño pepper, FINELY CHOPPED!
P.S. In case you munchkins have not noticed, I’ve legit become OBSESSSSSED with replacing mayo in recipes with Greek yogurt! I just find it SO MUCH CREAMIER. SO MUCH SILKIER. SO MUCH SMOOTHER & SO MUCH YUMMIER. And it seriously accomplishes the exact same purpose that mayo would, ONLY in a much, much, way, way HEALTHIER FASHION! So like, why the eff not?
And now… for that HOW-TO?
- In a medium/large-ish bowl, combine all your beautiful ingredients & mix the eff out of ‘em until MOSTLY SMOOTH & UNIFORM. It’s totally okay if your guac is still a little bit chunky. IN FACT, IT SHOULD BE! So do not panic munchkins!
- Cover & refrigerate this yumminess until you are ready to serve her!!!
- And, in case you need serving ideas?
- Use her as a dip for tortilla or corn chips or as a spread for rice cakes or crackers!
- Smother her on a piece of sprouted toast & top her with sliced hard-boiled egg or a perfectly cooked RUNNY-AF sunny-side up one!
- Use her as a healthier alternative veggie dip!
- Top a beautiful warm bowl of comfort-food chilli with a FEW HEAPING TBSP. of this baby!
- Use her as your topping for some fish, chicken or beef tacos!
- EAT HER AS IS, SERIOUSLY!!!!
- OK MUNCHKINS, you now have my permission to… DEVOUR!!!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!