I hope you all had a beautiful Wednesday! NOW WE ARE MORE THAN HALFWAY THROUGH THE WEEK & STILL KILLIN’ IT. So, I’m cyber-patting you on the shoulder RN.
ANYWHO, remember that miracle I presented you munchkins with yesterday? Yes, the one where I told you that THERE IS A WAY FOR YOU TO
HAVE (BAKE) YOUR SHORTBREAD COOKIE & EAT IT TOO… (DAIRY-FREE & GUILT-FREE!!!!). Well, I’m about to tell you munchkins how to create that miracle for yourselves!
P.S. I have no idea in the world why I’m talking about a SHORTBREAD COOKIE in the singular form. WHO ARE WE FREAKING KIDDING? You think you’re having just one & then closing the container and having the willpower to say, “OKAY, one was enough?” KEEP DREAMING, LOVIES! KEEP DREAMING! But honestly, who even cares? Like, for is that really such a bad thing? NAH. FEED YOUR TUMMIES, MY LOVES! GIVE ‘EM WHAT THEY WANT & WHAT THEY NEED!
Eat for nourishment. Always.
OH & when presenting you with said miracle, I asked if you would FALL IN LOVE WITH ME INSTANTLY… and well, YOU ALL FELL FOR ME. So now, without further ado, let me make you munchkins FEEL CONFIDENT ABOUT YOUR DECISION… and let’s talk about the BEST EVER VEGAN PECAN SHORTBREAD COOKIES THAT YOU EVER DID SEE!
P.S.S. Special shout out to Earth Balance & Now Foods for helping make these munchkins come to life. LEGIT, THEBOMB.COM. For those of you who are wondering, Earth Balance is the brand of vegan butter that I am IN FREAKING LOVE WITH & Now Foods is the brand of the 100% natural sugar substitute I use (erythritol)!
BTW, if you are wondering, erythritol is 100% pure, natural, REAL & non-GMO. HAS A LOW GLYCEMIC IMPACT, IS NATURALLY SWEET, VEGETARIAN and VEGAN & CAN legit be substituted for sugar in ALL your cooking & baking recipes! Basically, all the bad things about sugar are ABSENT in erythritol, yet it tastes JUST LIKE SUGAR & is probably about 70% as sweet! There really is no need to use refined table sugar… EVER AGAIN!
These freaking crave-worthy babes are:
BUTTERY (SANS DAIRY)!
& LOADED WITH FREAKING PECANS!
My loves, trust me when I say that you would NEVER EVER, EVER know that they were dairy-free! But of course, I had to tell you!
NOT ONLY ARE THEY ALL OF THAT, BUT THEY ARE ALSO SO FREAKING CRUMBLY, like just the right amount of MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH-CRUMBLY!
They’re so perfect. I’m having trouble finding the words. You just NEED to try them out for yourselves! Please, do yourselves that favour!!
OH! & the ingredients? SO SIMPLE. AND SO FEW!!!! I’m talking… vegan butter, erythritol, vanilla, sea salt, gluten-free flour, cinnamon & PECANS. That’s it. That’s all! And then somehow, magic is created (well rather, BAKED) and these babies come to life, AND THEY BETTER YOUR LIFE!
And so, without further ado… LET ME TELL YOU WHAT YOU MUNCHKINS NEED TO WHIP THESE UP!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of vegan margarine/butter, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE (I use Earth Balance – BEST STUFF EVER!);
- ½ cup of erythritol (OR any other sugar substitute OR coconut sugar OR regular granulated sugar);
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- ¼ tsp. of sea salt;
- 2 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill);
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon;
- 1 cup of chopped-AF organic pecans!
YES, THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO CREATE THE BEAUTIFULNESS PHOTOGRAPHED ALL OVER THIS POST! I swear!!! Don’t believe your eyes? SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT. A.K.A. WHIP THESE BABES UP!
Let me explain!
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, combine the vegan margarine/butter & erythritol together until UNIFORM & CREAMY-AF!
- Stir in (I SAY STIR LIKE IT’S EASY… BUT IT’S NOT! It’s kinda annoying. Kinda hard on the arms. I won’t lie… it’s LEGIT A WORKOUT. But, honestly, workouts are worth it most of the time, right? THIS IS ONE THAT IS. PROMISE!) the vanilla extract & the salt!
- NOW, add in the flour & cinnamon & MIX THE EFF OUT OF THIS GORG MIXTURE UNTIL COMPLETELY COMBINED! You will notice that your mixture may be crumbly. DO NOT PANIC. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. BUT!! It should hold when pressed together with your hands.
- Using your wooden spoon/spatula, stir in them PECANS!
- Roll your BABE OF A DOUGH (Yes, cookie dough can be called a BABE if it reaches BABE STATUS & this one does. Okay? DO NOT JUDGE ME!) into 2 same-ish sized logs!
- CAREFULLY wrap your logs in plastic & refrigerate ‘em for at least 30 minutes!!
- Preheat your oven to 350 & line a baking sheet (OR TWO) with parchment paper. Set aside!
- NOW, REMOVE THE BABE FROM THE FRIDGE (Yes, the BABE = the DOUGH!) & CAREFULLY slice her into about ¼ inch slices & distribute them evenly on the baking sheets! (OBVS. make sure they are not piled).
- BAKE THE BABES FOR 15-17 MINUTES or until the edges begin to brown! I baked mine for 15 but I found the edges weren’t brown yet WHEN THE TIMER BEEPED & ANNOYED THE EFF OUT OF ME, so I put ‘em back in for another 5 minutes & it was perfect. SO, IF YOU ASK ME WHAT THE OPTIMAL BAKING TIME WAS FOR ME, I’d say 20 minutes, but it all depends on your oven! So, my suggestion? Bake the babes for 15, check on ‘em & YOU BE THE JUDGE!
- Remove these gorg munchkins from the oven & allow them to cool a bit before removing them from the baking sheets (I did say allow them to cool BEFORE REMOVING THEM, but I did not say to allow them to cool before DEVOURING THEM. There is a huge difference my loves! A.K.A. FEEL FREE TO DEVOUR THE BABES FRESH OUT ‘DA OVEN!).
OH & FOOD PORN!!
Enjoy my loves!! <3 xoxo!