Rise & shine AND Happy Wednesday. Halfway through the week & you’re killing it!
I’m SO SORRY that I haven’t been more on top of my recipe game lately. I have had SUCH A BUSY WEEK, literally non-stop!
BUT, I did not forget about the other night’s freaking delicious dins & so, here I am, NOT FORGETTING & TELLING YOU MUNCHKINS ALL ABOUT HOW I WHIPPED HER UP (Yes, yes, I promise, the vegan shortbread cookie recipe from yesterday is coming your way too!!!). BUT FOR NOW, before we talk snacks & dessert, LET’S TALK ABOUT THIS QUICK, SIMPLY & EASY (OH & PERFECT) DINNER RECIPE! Here we go!
OKAY, so those of you who know me know that I FREAKING ADORE PASTA. Like I’m legit surprised I wasn’t born Italian… I swear, I must have some sort of Italian gene in me, NOT EVEN KIDDING. Like, put a plate of pasta in front of me & it’s history. AND BY HISTORY, I mean, it’s gone in like 5. Some would consider that a bad thing, BUT I BEG TO DIFFER.
PASTA IS YUMMY.
PASTA IS LOVE.
PASTA IS EVERYTHING.
And so, the other night, when a pasta craving hit, there was no freaking chance I was passing up the opportunity to whip up something BEAUTIFUL-AF (not to mention, I wasn’t going to let the craving pass & even if I tried, IT WOULDN’T HAVE!! PASTA ON MY MIND, YOU?).
Another thing I ADORE about pasta (besides the fact that it’s freaking DELICIOUS) is that it is like one of the most versatile dishes you can whip up! HOW SO? Basically, it’s one of those THROW WHATEVER YOU WANT IN ME DISHES & no matter what you decide to throw in, SHE’S FREAKING AWESOME.
Pasta is also a great way to ALWAYS get your protein fix, all while being able to change it up, LEGIT EVERY DAY IF YOU WANTED TO.
And for this baby, I CHOSE NONE OTHER THAN WHITE FLAKED TUNA! There’s something about the combination of tuna with Greek yogurt, LOADS OF SPICES, some red wine vinegar (Oh, hello tanginess!) & OF COURSE, MY TOMATO JAM that will take you to another place. And by “another place”, I am totally talking heaven! PASTA HEAVEN, to be precise (Basically, ITALY?).
Now that we’ve established that I have an obsession with pasta, shall we talk a bit about WHAT THIS BABE OF A PASTA (OF COURSE) DISH CONTAINS?! Yep. Good idea, right? OKAY. So…
GARLIC! (I mean… pasta + garlic = <3… AND NO, YOU WON’T SUCCEED AT SPLITTING THEM UP. SORRY NOT SORRY!)
OLIVE OIL (‘dat extra-virgin though!)
Sautéed mushrooms, onions & HERBS FOR DAYS!
Flaked white tuna!
MY SPICY TOMATO JAM (HAVEN’T TRIED IT YET? Not sure what you’re waiting for!)
A dash of erythritol or other sugar substitute! (OR GO THE REAL SUGAR WAY, IF YOU MUST! BUT, y’all know how I feel about refined sugar, right?)
GREEK YOGURT FOR DAYS (Hey, Probiotics FTW!)
Red wine vinegar (For that tanginess!)
Lemon juice (‘DAT CITRUS!)
Spices for freaking days!
CHEEEEEESE OR NUTRITIONAL YEAST!
Yes, that’s all my loves! HOW MOUTHWATERING, DEVOURABLE & DELICIOUS DOES THIS SOUND? I swear, like it’s so simple & all these ingredients are totally ones that you will MOST PROBABLY (No guarantees) already have stocked up in your pantries, SO NO NEED TO GO TO THE GROCERY STORE IN A PANIC. Winning, right?
Ladies & gents, this is my Garlic & Herb Gluten-Free Spaghetti Sautéed with Portobello Mushrooms, White Onions, Herbs & Flaked White Tuna in a Spiced-Up Greek Yogurt & Tomato Jam Sauce a.k.a. When-Spaghetti’s-This-Good-I-Scream-You-Scream-Holy-Deliciousness!
One thing I loved about this dish is how LIGHT she was! If you’re looking for a dins recipe that won’t have you feeling like you need them fat pants, BUT THAT WILL STILL FILL THE EFF OUTTA YOU, SATISFY YOU & PROVIDE YOU WITH ALL YOUR FIXES, especially your proteins, fibres & loads of vitamins, minerals & nutrients, THEN THIS BABY IS YOUR ANSWER!
Seriously. Guys, this isn’t one of those RICH, DENSE, INDULGENT, THICK & CREAMY TOMATO SAUCES (although, I gotta admit, those are freaking great every now & then). This is a light, beautiful, savoury, almost-can’t-feel-she’s-there-kind-of-sauce. BUT SHE’S THERE & SHE’S DELICIOUS. And now… I think it’s JUST about that time, that time when I tell you munchkins how to whip this baby up!!!!
So here we go!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- Your favourite gluten-free (or not!) spaghetti (or other pasta of your choosing!), BOILED ACCORDING TO PACKAGE DIRECTIONS;
- 1 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil or avocado oil;
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on just HOW EFFIN’ BAD you want your garlic breath to be), CHOPPED;
- 1 small white onion, DICED;
- 120g of Portobello mushrooms, DICED;
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- ¼ cup of fresh basil, CHOPPED;
- My loves, you can totally change up the herb combination if you ain’t a cilantro or basil type of person! Have fun with it, BUT DEFINITELY GET SOME HERBS (ERGO, SOME GREENS) IN THERE!
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt & freshly ground black pepper (to season your veggies!);
- 1 can of white-flaked tuna in water;
- 150g of 2% organic Greek yogurt;
- 100g of my Spicy Tomato Jam (RECIPE HERE);
- ¼ cup of organic red wine vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ½ tsp. of onion powder;
- ½ tsp. of ground cumin;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning;
- OPTIONAL: ¼ cup of nutritional yeast, Parmesan or Romano for drizzling!
AND NOW, let me impress you. Let me show you how a freaking gorgeous dish of pasta can come together in legit 15 minutes & CAN SATISFY AN ENTIRE FAM. LEGIT, THE HUBBY/WIFEY, THE FIANCÉ/E, THE BF/GF, THE WHATEVER-HE/SHE-IS & EVEN THE KIDDIES (OH & EVEN THE IN-LAWS… WINNNNNING!).
- Boil your spaghetti (or other pasta) according to package directions! Once boiled, rinse it under cold water & set it aside to cool off!
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil/coconut oil/avocado oil in a MEDIUM skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat!
- Once heated, add your garlic to the skillet & sauté for 2-3 minutes until browned & FRAGRANT-AF (a.k.a. UNTIL YOUR KITCH SMELLS LIKE GARLIC HEAVEN & YOU’RE DYING!).
- Now, lower your heat to MEDIUM! Throw your onion, mushrooms, cilantro & basil in to your skillet! Season the babes with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper & COOK ‘EM UNTIL they’re browned, softened & your kitch smells EVEN MORE HEAVENLY (Not sure that’s possible, but you catch my drift, right?!).
- Once your veggies are cooked, lower your heat to MEDIUM-LOW & add your beautifully boiled pasta (IF IT’S NOT AL DENTE, IT AIN’T BEAUTIFUL!) & your tuna to the skillet & sauté until all this beautifulness is tossed & combined & looking gorg-AF.
- NOW, remove your skillet from the heat & add in your Greek yogurt, Spicy Tomato Jam, red wine vinegar, lemon juice & all ‘dem spices & TOSS AGAIN TO MAKE SURE ALL YOUR VEGGIES, PASTA & TUNA ARE EVENLY COATED IN THIS GORGEOUS LIGHT & CLEAN-AF SAUCE!
- SERVE STAT!!! & DRIZZLE the nutritional yeast/Parm or Romano if adding, as well as some ‘mo freshly ground black pepper!
- AND NOW… DEVOUR!!!!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!
Enjoy my loves!!!! Xoxo! <3