Happy (END-OF) Monday! Woot! You made it through the worst day of the week. CONGRATS!
What better way to congratulate yourself than to TREAT YO’SELF (Not actually a “cheat-treat” though because she’s so freaking good-for-you, BUT YA, STILL A TREAT!) WITH THIS GORG DRESSING? My loves, there is NO. BETTER. WAY.
(Nope, not even a DQ cookie dough blizzard will cut it this time. AND USUALLY, DQ COOKIE DOUGH BLIZZARDS CUT IT EVERY TIME!).
DISCLAIMER: I do not take responsibility if you become so addicted to this dressing that you need HELP. LIKE LEGIT HELP. But, what I can do is provide you with the contact information for Avocados Anonymous. Been there. Done that!.
OKAY, now that that’s established, before we get into the nitty-gritty of this dressing I like to call “AVOddicting”… I have a rant to go on. Sorry not sorry!
As you all know, throughout recovery, I started learning more about healthy eating and especially, about healthy fats & realized that NOT all fats are BAD. They do not make you fat & they’re actually ESSENTIAL for our bodies to function!
Nowadays, I am eating more fat than I ever have in my life & I cannot even put into words how freaking awesome I feel!!!! My meals are so satisfying & I have SO MUCH ENERGY throughout the day!
As you ALSO all know, I freaking love me some coconut oil & all types of nuts, BUT TODAY… IT’S ALL ABOUT ‘DEM AVOCADOS. Guys, I am freaking hooked!!!! It’s like I’ve reached the point in my life where I don’t just buy one thinking I can get use out of it throughout the week. I legit buy the bag with four or five & eat at least half an avocado EVERY DAY! TRUE AVOCADO FAN RIGHT HURR. Seriously, if I could, I’d grow an avocado tree & have an unlimited supply, that I would obvs share with all of you. BUT I DON’T! (Unfortunately!) WEH.
What I do have though IS A FREAKING DRESSING (WHICH CONTAINS AVOCADOS, DUH!) TO WOW YOU WITH!
Ladies & gents, this is The-All-Time Creamiest Silkiest & Smoothest Clean-Eating Avocado Balsamic Dressing a.k.a. This-Babe-Is-So-AVOddicting-You’ll-Need-To-Consult-Avocados-Anonymous!
I’ve already raved & ranted to you munchkins about how amazing & healthy avocados are…
They’re nutrient-dense AF (Protein & fiber, especially)!
They contain the least amount of sugar per serving of any other fresh fruit (YES, avocados are a fruit)!
They’re comprised of MOSTLY (75%) unsaturated fat AND are cholesterol & sodium-free!
They contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals & phytonutrients!
They help the bod better absorb fat-soluble nutrients from other foods!
They are RICH & CREAMY IN TEXTURE & WILL MELT IN YOUR MOUTH & OH THE FLAVOUR – EARTHY, FRESH & SWEET IN ITS OWN WAY!
All this to say, EAT MORE AVOCADO STAT. And… in doing so, why not add it to your salad dressing to sub for some of the oil & add a thick & creamy-AF, silky & smooth texture?! My loves, this dressing is the ALL-TIME CREAMIEST BALSAMIC DRESSING I HAVE EVER HAD! And now, I AM SO EXCITED TO SHARE IT WITH ALL YOU BEAUTIES!
And so, without further ado (See, that rant wasn’t THAT bad, now was it?), let’s get to the nitty-gritty!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- ¼ cup of organic balsamic vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh parsley;
- 2 tsp. of organic apple cider vinegar;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 1 tsp. of organic brown or Djon mustard;
- 2 tsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- ¼ – ½ tsp. of sea salt (You decide, MY LOVES! Are you a “salt person” or nah?);
- ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- A dash of smoked paprika or cayenne pepper!
- 3 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- ½ a RIPE-AF avocado;
- 2-4 tbsp. of water, or more, depending on the texture you want this baby to have!
NOW, HOW TO WHIP THIS BABY UP?
- Add all these beautiful (& need I mention, CLEAN-AF) ingredients (except the water!) into your blender! BLEND THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM TO COMBINE!
- Once blended, your dressing will be pretty thick!
- Keep it this way if you want to use this as a dip or marinade.
- BUT, IF YOU WANT HER TO TRIPLE AS A SALAD DRESSING AS WELL, add 2 tbsp. of water to thin her out! BLEND AGAIN & add 2 more tbsp. if necessary, based on desired dressing consistency!
- For me, 2 tbsp. was enough because I still wanted a creamy-ish & thick dressing! But, it’s totally up to you my loves!
- AND NOW, you have my SPECIAL permission (as if you needed it!) to SMOTHER/LATHER/DRENCH this baby in beautiful fresh & crisp greens, on a perfect filet of salmon or chicken or as a dip for tortilla chips or crunchy veggies! Basically, she’s versatile to death & the possibilities are endless! You’ll love her SO MUCH that you’ll whip her up & try something new EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! Get ready my loves; I’m about to get you addicted!
OH & FOOD PORN!!
Enjoy babies! <3 xoxo!