Kelly’s Greens, Frozen Fruit For Days & Greek Yogurt Afternoon Pick-Me-Up Smoothie a.k.a. That-Perfectly-Refreshing-Protein-Packed-Naturally-Sweetened-Dose-of-Wonderfulness
Who else agrees with me that there is NOTHING LIKE A COLD-AF SMOOTHIE ON A PERF SUMMER DAY!?! I know, right?
And so today, for my afternoon snack (Yep, ANOREXIA RECOVERY meal plan duties!), instead of having my usual variation of EVERY SINGLE NUT BUTER ON THE PLANET with crackers & fruit…
I added a bunch of freaking wonderfulness to my blender & this BABE WAS BORN.
And not only was she born, BUT SHE LEGIT BETTERED MY LIFE.
WOAH. JUST WOAH!
It’s amazing what you can accomplish by simply throwing a bunch of beautiful ingredients into your blender (which by the way, BECOME EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL WHEN COMBINED ALL TOGETHER!). ALL THIS TO SAY, I amazed myself today. Yes, yes, I did!
I loaded this babe with spinach, frozen strawberries, mangoes & blueberries, a banana, pure organic vanilla extract & some vanilla Greek yogurt for my PROTEIN FIX! I blended her once & then threw in some ice to make her extra cold!!! I needed me a FREAKING cool down STAT. I was legit dying, trying to tan, BUT KEPT FAILING (a.k.a. going back into the house because I couldn’t deal with the heat).
AND THEN, I created this babe! AND I STAYED OUTSIDE FOR THE REST OF THE AFTERNOON. Killed it… UNTIL DINNER TIME ROLLED AROUND! Yep, meal plan duties, YET AGAIN! But, I ain’t even mad bro!
My loves, this is Kelly’s Greens, Frozen Fruit For Days & Greek Yogurt Afternoon Pick-Me-Up Smoothie a.k.a. That-Perfectly-Refreshing-Protein-Packed-Naturally-Sweetened-Dose-of-Wonderfulness
So let’s just talk about this BABE for like a minute or two, then I promise to tell you how to whip her up!
In a nutshell:
GREENS FIX? CHECK! Thank you Spinach, you are beautiful & delicious, not to mention, EFFIN’ nutritious!!!!
POTASSIUM? CHECK! Bananas, FTW!
ANTIOXIDANTS? CHECK!!!! Berries & mangos for days & days & days!
PROTEIN? CHECK! Hello Almond Milk & Hello Greek Yogurt. WELCOME TO MY LIFE YOU BEAUTIFUL COMBO, YOU! AND, even more protein if you throw in some nut butter or vegan protein!
NATURAL SWEETENER?! HELLO PURE ORGANIC VANILLA EXTRACT. I LOVE YOU. ALWAYS. &. FOREVER.
Basically, this smoothie gives you EVERYTHING you need for that morning fuel or that afternoon boost to get you through the rest of your day!! AND, IT’S SUMMER. SUMMER MEANS IT’S HOT. AND HEAT MEANS YOU NEED TO STAY HYDRATED & REFRESHED. And what better way than with this baby?! 🙂
P.S. I always blend my smoothies like 10-15 minutes before I plan on drinking them & then I’ll either refrigerate or freeze them while I wait IMPATIENTLY because I simply adore that cold & frosty feeling of devouring a deliciously jam packed smoothie!!! If you’ve got the patience to wait, DO IT! So freaking refreshing!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of spinach;
- 1 medium banana;
- ¼ cup of unsweetened organic frozen strawberries;
- ¼ cup of unsweetened organic frozen blueberries;
- ¼ cup of unsweetened organic frozen mangos;
- ¾ cup of organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk;
- ½ cup of organic 2% Greek yogurt;
- ½ tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- ½ – 1/3 of a cup of ice!
- OPTIONAL: 2 tbsp. of any nut butter of your choosing OR 1 scoop of vegan chocolate or vanilla protein!
NOW, EVEN THOUGH SHE’S A SMOOTHIE & she’s EASY-AF to blend together & bring to life, I’ll still tell you how (ONLY BECAUSE I LOVE Y’ALL TO DEATH!).
- Combine all these gorg ingredients in your blender (EXCEPT THE ICE!) & BLEND THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM!
- Once blended, throw in the ice & blend again!!!
- Then… DEVOUR!!!!! Sip away. Fuel up! Ya know!
- P.S. As I told you munchkins before, PRE-devouring, I SOMEHOW DEVELOPED ENOUGH RESISTANCE TO REFRIGERATE OR FREEZE THIS BABY FOR 10-15 minutes to get her extra freaking cold & crisp & refreshing!!!! But, she’ll still be delish even if you don’t have the TIME OR RESISTANCE to do this!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!
Enjoy les amours!!! <3