Kelly’s Clean-AF Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts a.k.a. That-Perfect-Sweet-&-Salty-Caramelized-Divine-Goodness-&-That-Roast-Though!
Hi again munchkins!!
I hope you are all having a great day so far! <3
OKAY, so remember last time I cooked with these babes, there was that whole controversy about whether they were BRUSSELS SPROUTS or BRUSSEL SPROUTS (without the “S”)… KAY, WELL THAT CONTROVERSY HAS BEEN SOLVED. IT IS BRUSSELS SPROUTS. WITH THE “S”, okay? I mean, did that even really matter?
AREN’T THEY FREAKING GORG!!!!! OHHHHHH MAN. CARAMELIZED TO PERFECTION. As you munchkins can tell, I have a
slight (HUGE) obsession with roasted veggies!!! I tend to ALWAYS go back to my butternut squash & sweet potato (IT’S A LOVE TRIANGLE, WHAT CAN I SAY?), but today, I had some extra brusselS in my fridge & had to find a way to use ‘em up… AND WELL, WHAT BETTER WAY THAN THIS?
SO, for those of you who have tried roasting Brussels in the past, you know that a bit of oil & a hefty pinch of salt & peppa go a long way & IS PRETTY MUCH HEAVENLY ON ITS OWN.
But, but, but, ROASTING THEM WITH COCONUT OIL (& NAKED COCONUTS BRAND, to be precise!), BALSAMIC VINEGAR & REAL FREAKING PURE ORGANIC MAPLE SYRUP is the most DIVINE GODDESS-LIKE COMBINATION OF SWEET, SAVORY GOODNESS.
Honestly, IF YOU’RE A BRUSSELS HATER, I can almost guarantee (but definitely say with COMPLETE & UTTER CONFIDENCE) that these babies will CONVERT YOU. Brussels haters, BYE!
LADIES & GENTS, these are Kelly’s Clean-AF Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts a.k.a. That-Perfect-Sweet-&-Salty-Caramelized-Divine-Goodness-&-That-Roast-Though!
I LOVE THESE BABES CRUNCHY & FRESH TOO, but oven-roasting them brings out their sweet, ALMOST NUTTY FLAVOUR & keeps them crisp (if you do it right!) all while diminishing the harsh odour & taste that some may find NASTAY.
AND in case you were wondering, snacking on roasted Brussels is totally normal & not at all weird, just to REASSURE YOU. I mean, I totally munched on a few of these at 8:20am. If that’s not considered weird, THEN I DON’T KNOW WHAT IS.
Anywho lovies, these babes make for the:
PERFECT SIDE DISH!
They’re sweet, with just the right pinch of salt & they are super-duper-über good for you!
They’ll give you your greens fix (YA, the one you were going to skimp on today!!!!! BAD BOY/GIRL!)
They will even provide you with some protein! (YEP, Brussels are a veggie BUT THEY ARE PROTEIN-PACKED! In fact, one cup of these munchkins will give you a whole 3 grams of protein!).
OH & just one serving of the babes will meet your vitamin C & vitamin K needs for the day & provide you with good amounts of vitamin A, B-6, folate, potassium & manganese.
PRETTY AWESOME, RIGHT?
OKAY, I think I’ve convinced you. So, it’s either you’ve got ‘em Brussels in your fridge or you’re on your way out the door to pick some up! EITHER WAY, LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY. Y’ALL READY?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 lb. of Brussels sprouts, WOODY ENDS CUT & HALVED;
- 2 tbsp. of organic virgin coconut oil, MELTED (Of course, AS ALWAYS, I use none other than my babe, Naked Coconuts!);
- 1 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (Decacer brand!);
- 1 tbsp. of organic balsamic vinegar (Bioitalia brand!);
- ½ tsp. of sea salt;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper (Simply Organic!)
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder (Simply Organic!)
- 1 tsp. of onion powder (Simply Organic!)
- ½ tsp. of ground cumin! (Simply Organic!)
- CAN YOU TELL I LOVE SIMPLY ORGANIC? Lawlz!!!!!
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO? A.K.A. I’M ABOUT TO REVEAL HOW TO MAKE THESE BABIES YOURS. How much do you love & adore me though? SAY IT. STAT. NOW!
- Preheat your oven to 375F;
- Slice off the woody ends of your sprouts & halve them!
- Place the babes in a large mixing bowl & add the coconut oil, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar & spices (ONCE AGAIN, I LOVE SPICES. YOU KNEW THAT. Just sprinkle ‘em! You won’t regret it. I know, it sounds like A LOT, but just do it, okay?)
- Spread the BABES in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. DO NOT LAYER THEM! Each little babe of a sprout deserves its own little personal space on the baking sheet, okay? AND, if you must use two baking sheets, SO BE IT!
- Bake the babes for 25 minutes. Check on ‘em halfway through! If they look as though they are burning, FLIP ‘EM or lower your oven temperature to 350F! If they look perfectly-perfect, but not quite there yet, CLOSE ‘DAT OVEN, STOP ADMIRING & LET ‘EM CONTINUE TO ROAST!
- ONCE READY, A.K.A. ONCE THE TIMER BEEPS, ANNOYS THE EFF OUTTA YOU & DRIVES YOU CRAY, take the babes outta the oven (PUT ON YOUR OVEN MITT STAT!) & let ’em cool on the baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes. LMAO, dying. That is so totally NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Just devour ’em straight off the baking sheet. GUILT-FREE DEVOURING FTW!
- DEVOUR, DEVOUR, DEVOUR!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!
Enjoy loves!!! <3 xoxo!!