Hi my loves!!
HOPE YOUR MONDAY IS NOT TOO BAD! The sun is in & out in Montreal… what a freaking tease! It’s like I’m trying to tan, I really am making a conscious effort to sit outside even though I AM DYING OF HEAT, but the sun keeps leaving me. I’m not happy. SUN, COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE! Please! Desperate times. I’m a ghost.
OKAY, rant over. BACK TO MORE IMPORTANT THINGS, LIKE THESE COOKIES, oops, I MEAN, THIS SMOOTHIE. THIS SMOOTHIE THAT IS COOKIES.
Current sitch in my kitch, you ask? JUST WHIPPED UP MY AFTERNOON SMOOTHIE… & she’s none other than my…
GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN OATMEAL COOKIE PROTEIN SHAKE!
And… would you believe me if I told you that between the oats, cashew milk & sliced almonds (& ZERO PRE-MADE PROTEIN POWDER), this baby packs… WAIT FOR IT… 13 whole grams of protein???? Not too bad, right?
OH & it also boasts LOADS OF HEART-HEALTHY GOOD-FOR-YOU FATS (But, we like those now, right?! YES. YES!).
JUST WARNING YOU MUNCHKINS, this baby is thick & creamy-AF – I mean, she’s still drinkable through a straw, but SHE’S ALSO ONE OF THOSE BABES YOU CAN EAT (DRINK) WITH A SPOON! I don’t know about you guys but I always found it fun to
drink/eat/I don’t even know/DEVOUR my smoothies with a spoon! It makes me feel like a kid all over again (But you’re totally “ADULTING” with all her health benefits!) & kinda fools me into thinking I’m eating ice cream or something.
On second thought though, THIS BABE IS SO GOOD, SHE’S LIKE… ALMOST ICE CREAM!
SHE’S CAKE BATTER. I MEAN, COOKIE dough. YES. OATMEAL COOKIE DOUGH!
Only, she’s clean.
LADIES & GENTS, this is my Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free & Vegan Clean-Eating Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie a.k.a. Legit-a-Freaking-Cookie-In-a-Mug-Oh-&-Protein-&-Fibre-For-Days-You?
She’s perfect as a snack on the go, but also makes for a great morning boost with a bowl of Greek yogurt or some egg & avo toast! Make your pick! Or switch it up every now & then!
Oh, of course, YOU WANTED ME TO TEASE YOU A BIT WITH THE INGREDIENTS. HOW COULD I FORGET?
Gluten-free rolled oats!
CASHEW MILK (sub for almond milk if you prefer!)
Unsalted sliced almonds (or cashews if you prefer!)
PURE ORGANIC MAPLE SYRUP!
& OF COURSE, SOME SPICE… CINNAMON!
I SIMPLY COULD NOT WAIT ANY LONGER to share this baby with you!
SHE’S LEGIT A COOKIE. LIKE NO JOKE.
A COOKIE. WITHOUT THE GUILT.
A COOKIE. WITH LOADS OF PROTEIN.
A COOKIE. WITH NO REFINED SUGAR.
A COOKIE. BUT GOOD FOR YOU.
A FREAKING PERFECT OATMEAL COOKIE.
How can you say no? How can you go wrong? Basically, you have no excuses to not whip her up. YES, EVEN IF YOU ARE LAZY. Get up! Do it! I mean, she’s an afternoon PICK-ME-UP after all (& No, that does not mean I will come over & legit pick you up off your chair to motivate you to make her. YOU SHOULDN’T NEED MOTIVATION. DO YOU SEE THIS INGREDIENTS LIST?).
LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY (I hope you got off your couch!!!)
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- ½ cup of gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1 cup of cashew milk (Feel free to sub the cashew milk for almond milk, which is EQUALLY AS DELISH & CREAMY);
- 1 banana! (I don’t freeze mine when I make this baby, but you can totally freeze your banana beforehand if you want a colder & EVEN creamier smoothie, but I can ALSO guarantee that she will be creamy-AF with the unfrozen banana, SO TOTALLY UP TO YOU MUNCHKINS!);
- 2 tbsp. of unsalted sliced almonds (or cashews, if you prefer – if so, make sure they are roughly chopped, UNLESS YOU WANT TO BREAK YOUR BLENDER’S BLADE! & I don’t know about you munchkins but I’d be DEPRESSO-AF SANS MY BLENDER!!!);
- 2 tsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- ¼ tsp. of cinnamon! (If you’re not a fan of cinnamon, feel free to sub the cinnamon for some maple flakes or some cocoa powder. If you’re switching it up for maple flakes or cocoa powder, I would increase your quantity to at least 2-3 tsp.);
- OPTIONAL: If you want an icier & colder smoothie, you can add about 1/3-1/2 cup of ice before blending, OR, after blending the first time if you feel the texture is not where you want it just yet! I would start out by adding 1/3 cup & then see if you need more!
Now, how do you make this oatmeal cookie dream come to life? LET ME EXPLAIN! I mean, I am sure you can already assume that it is quite simple!!!!
- My loves, it’s a smoothie. I’ve told you time & time again, SMOOTHIES = A LEGIT EXCUSE TO BE LAZY-AF. But, just in case you are new to my blog, OR, are new to the whole smoothie thing, all you gotta do is place all these beautz ingredients in your blender & blend the eff out of ‘em on high UNTIL SMOOTH, GORGEOUSLY CREAMY, SILKY & VELVETY CONSISTENCY IS OBTAINED… basically, UNTIL OATMEAL COOKIE DOUGH IS OBTAINED.
- You may have to stop to scrape the edges & give it a stir a few times! OR you might just have to stop to open your blender & take a look at this freaking magic you just created. Then you can close it again & keep blending. YOU KNOW… WE ALL LIKE A LIL’ TEASE EVERY NOW & THEN!
- OKAY, now drink up! Fuel up! Afternoon pick-me-up! DEVOUR!
OH & FOOD PORN!