Hi my loves!!!
HAPPY (Finally SUNNY) WEDNESDAY!
(OH & HAPPY-ANOREXIA-RECOVERY-ANNIVERSARY TO MOI!)
OKAY SO IT’S SUMMER TODAY. BEST MOOD EVER. WOAH. The sun is freaking shining like cray. It’s time to get my tan on. But… FIRST. Let me tell you about the SITCH IN MY KITCH early this morning. I MEAN, NOW THAT THE SUN IS OUT & the weather is HOPEFULLY going to warm up just a tad bit, I figured, why not whip up a beautiful BRIGHT PINK SUMMERY smoothie? And so, that’s what I did!!
Yes munchkins, I am referring to that STRAWBERRY BANANA & DATE VEGAN SMOOTHIE!
Yes. The one I made you swoon over all day. UNTIL NOW!
In a nutshell, if you’re looking for a healthy, delish smoothie without any unnecessary refined sugary-fillers (I’m talking about all those syrups & ingredients that we cannot even pronounce!) THAT CONTAINS NOTHING BUT WHOLESOME, GOOD-FOR-YOU INGREDIENTS, then this babe is for you!
unsweetened organic almond milk!
pure organic vanilla extract!
organic unsweetened Medjool dates!
& uh, yep, THAT’S ALL!!!! If you take a close look at these ingredients, you’ll notice I combined a healthy mix of complex carbs, proteins & fats (ALL PLANT-BASED!), iron, potassium & FIBRE (of course!).
All of these components make for a happy, fit & content individual (& a freaking HAPPY GUT!!!).
One more awesome thing about this babe (Clearly, I could go on for days, as always) IS THE MAIN STAR OF THE SHOW. THE MAIN EVENT. THE STRAWBERRIES. As I’ve already mentioned to you munchkins in the past, strawberries (& all berries, for that matter) are ANTIOXIDANT POWERHOUSES. Yes. That’s right. A strong haven for goodness. And, we’ve all heard about the amazing-AF benefits of antioxidant fruit, THE BEST ONE BEING FIGHTING FREE RADICALS… yep, those unstable modules that KEEP TRYING to damage our good cells, with the risk of ultimately leading to cancer & other degenerative diseases.
Ladies & gents, this is my Healthy-AF Creamy Strawberry Banana & Date Vegan Smoothie a.k.a. That-Antioxidant-Strawberry-Milkshake-Vibe-Minus-The-Bad-For-You-Fats-&-Refined-Sugars!
AND SO, my loves, in the spirit of SUMMERTIME, WARM WEATHER, DELICIOUS BERRIES & BANANAS, UNREFINED SWEETENERS, LOADS OF VITAMINS & MINERALS, TONS OF ANTIOXIDANTS & FIGHTING OFF FREE RADICALS & DISEASE, do yourselves a favour & whip this baby up!!!!!
BUT FIRST, LET ME TELL YOU HOW!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 small/medium RIPE banana;
- 8-10 frozen organic strawberries;
- 4 organic unsweetened Medjool dates, PITTED (as weird as it sounds, PITTED ACTUALLY MEANS REMOVE THE PIT! LAWLZ! Go figure!);
- 1 tbsp. of organic ground flaxseed (Don’t like flax? Don’t have flax? DO NOT DESPAIR. DO NOT PANIC! REPLACE THE FLAX WITH CHIA!);
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1 cup of unsweetened organic almond milk (You can totally sub this baby for some vanilla or chocolate almond milk, cashew milk, macadamia milk or even regular or skim milk!);
- Add 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder if you want to add an extra boost of energy & fuel in this baby, especially if you’re having her post-workout!
- A heaping tbsp. of peanut butter, almond butter or any other nut butter of your choosing for some extra creaminess & added protein!
- P.S. If you munchkins do decide to add protein powder or nut butter, you may find that you need to add a bit more almond milk, approx. ¼ to 1/3 of a cup!
Yes, my loves, that’s all! How freaking clean though? I KNOW. I KNOW. It’s amazing what you can achieve when you combine the right, BUT GOOD-FOR-YOU ingredients… I MEAN, YOU WILL LEGIT FEEL LIKE YOU’RE SIPPIN’ ON A BANANA STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE, only you’ll be doing so without the fat and all them added refined-sugar fillers! Best of both worlds sitch, YET AGAIN!
NOW, how to whip this baby up? GUYS, ONCE AGAIN, IT’S A SMOOTHIE. It don’t get much simpler…
- Simply add all the ingredients to your trusty blender & BLITZ THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM UNTIL YOU OBTAIN A SMOOTH SMOOTHIE-LIKE CONSISTENCY (Lawlz, “smooth-smoothie-like”!).
- If you added protein powder or nut butter, blend first with 1 cup of almond milk & then based on the texture of your smoothie, add ¼ cup of almond milk & blend again!
- Now, SIP AWAY! DEVOUR! & BEST OF ALL, FUEL UP!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!