Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free & (Possibly) Vegan Creamy-AF Honey & Sesame Dressing a.k.a. When-You-Master-That-Perfect-Balance-Between-Sweet-&-Savoury-Oh-&-Guilt-Free-Mystery-Ingredients-FTW!
Rise & shine!
As I write this post, it’s currently 5:55am… AND I’M STILL DREAMING & IN AWE AT LAST NIGHT’S SALAD DRESSING CREATION!! Basically, the SITCH in my KITCH last night was… ANOTHER DAY (OR RATHER, NIGHT), ANOTHER DRESSING. At this point, I think it’s safe to say that I freaking LOVE a good salad. Gotta get my greens fix every day & what better what to do so than with a fresh-AF lunch to brighten my day, right? AND ONE THAT IS LATHERED IN THIS WONDERFULNESS. Woah. How fortunate am I though?
This time, it’s my HEALTHY-AF honey & sesame dressing… only WITH A TWIST.
There’s a secret ingredient in there that gives this baby that creaminess that most Asian dressings get from mayo or peanut butter OR BOTH… & this MYSTERY INGREDIENT IS ONE YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED… but once you go this ingredient, YOU’LL NEVER GO BACK!
Wait for it…
Teasing you a little while longer…
Okay, you ready for real NOW?
Yes, yes, yes, you read right! I swear, call me crazy, weird, bizarre, insane, whatever you will… but give it a shot & well, meet me in heaven!
You don’t even know what will hit you babes! Like… think raw organic honey, toasted organic sesame oil, organic hummus, soy sauce substitute, pure apple cider vinegar & GARLIC! BASICALLY, ORGANIC EVERYTHING + GARLIC. Duh! Have you met me though?
I literally could not WAIT to share this babe of a dressing with you munchkins! AND THE BEST PART? Because she’s SO CREAMY-AF, she can double as a dip or a marinade!!!! Winning, you?
OHHHH BTW not only is she delicious & super versatile, but she’s also:
Quick & easy, ergo she comes to life in UNDER FIVE MINUTES… (& All you need is a BOWL, A SPATULA & A JAR! Oh… and obvs, some measuring cups, but like, when do you not, right? IT’S ALL ABOUT ‘DEM PROPORTIONS!)
THE PERFECT BALANCE BETWEEN SWEET (NATURALLY) & SAVOURY! Basically, whether you’ve got a massive sweet tooth or are a total salty-stuff person (a.k.a. you’re craving pretzels STAT. DO NOT LIE!), this babe is for you.
ANDDDDD you can even make her vegan by subbing the honey for maple syrup!!!
KAY, RANT OVER!
Ladies & gents, this is my Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free & (Possibly) Vegan Creamy-AF Honey & Sesame Dressing a.k.a. When-You-Master-That-Perfect-Balance-Between-Sweet-&-Savoury-Oh-&-Guilt-Free-Mystery-Ingredients-FTW!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- ½ cup of organic hummus (I use HOPE foods!);
- ¼ cup of toasted organic sesame oil (I use Maison Orphée);
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce substitute, a.k.a. liquid aminos by Bragg’s (Feel free to use soy sauce or Tamari, if you prefer!). BTW, in case you were wondering what liquid aminos is (I had no idea until I started doing all kinds of health food research, so I figured some of you might be interested)… basically, it’s GLUTEN-FREE & is a non-GMO project verified LIQUID PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, DERIVED FROM SOY-BEANS (a.k.a. a plant protein!) that contains… wait for it… 16 ESSENTIAL & NON-ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS. It legit tastes like soy sauce, BUT HAS SO MUCH LESS SODIUM! OH & if you ain’t convinced, the babe contains no chemicals, no artificial coloring, no alcohol & no preservatives! Awesome, right? You can pick her up at any organic health food store. OR YOU CAN JUST USE SOY SAUCE OR TAMARI, but please, my loves, USE REDUCED-SODIUM! Okay?
- 2 tbsp. of raw organic honey (I used Peace River Honey creamed organic honey);
- 1 tbsp. of raw apple cider vinegar (BRAGG’s, yes, again!);
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder (I use Simply Organic!).
That’s all my loves! Pretty freaking clean if you ask me, eh?
And guess what?
YOU DO NOT EVEN NEED A BLENDER FOR THIS BABE. I swear! Let me explain!
- All you have to do is combine all these gorg ingredients in a glass or metal bowl & GENTLY stir ‘em all together until your dressing is RELATIVELY CREAMY & LIGHT-BROWNISH IN COLOR. (I DID SAY GENTLY. If you are not gentle, your counter will be covered in sesame oil… NOT A FUN MESS TO CLEAN UP, I’ll tell you that much! BASICALLY, I’m trying to save you munchkins time & frustration, so yes, I know, you are eager & excited-AF to devour this baby, BUT BE GENTLE PLEASE!).
- You’re not done yet, though. There’s one last step! A CRUCIAL ONE, to say the least. Once that creamy-ish texture is obtained, transfer your gorgeous dressing (that is about to become EVEN MORE gorgeous) to a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, COVER & shake the eff out of that jar for about 20 seconds! NOW… THAT MOMENT… THE MOMENT YOU LEARN THE DEFINITION OF CREAMY. RICH. SMOOTH. VELVETY… Open your jar & ADMIRE. Et voilà! Your dressing is ready to be lathered, smothered & poured all over ‘da place! Basically, ANYTHING YOU PUT THIS BABE ON WILL GO FROM 0 TO 100 REAL QUICK.
- That’s it. That’s all. NOW DEVOUR HER. Pour her over a gorg Asian salad, stir-fried veggies, rice, beans, tofu, or use her as a marinade for chicken or beef! THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS, MY LOVES!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!
Enjoy babes! <3 xoxo