So… I’m sorry to break it to you but it’s Sunday night & that means that TOMORROW IS MONDAY & yes, yet another workweek is about to begin! Oh well… BUT WAIT.
What if I told you that I had a way to make your Monday morning so freaking awesome that you will actually forget about your Monday blues? You probably think I’m insane. I mean… the Monday blues are the WORST & nothing can cure ‘em, right?
WELL, I’M HERE TO PROVE YOU MUNCHKINS WRONG. There’s a first time for everything! HOW WILL I PROVE YOU WRONG, you ask?
With these GLUTEN-FREE WARM & COZY & CREAMY BANANA BREAD OATS!!!!
Get ready for ‘dis one. I’m about to take you to all kinds of bananananananana heaven!
Before we get to the nitty-gritty, let me tease you just a lil’ bit with them ingredients… it don’t get more BREAKFAST-Y than this! I’m talkin’ milk, brown sugar/coconut sugar, cinnamon (& nutmeg, if you’re a lil’ risqué), OATS, OATS, OATS, BANANAS FOR DAYS, WALNUTS/PECANS, ALMONDS & none other than… PEANUT BUTTER. Did you really think I’d forget about my one true love? Never. Ever. Not ever. Oh & of course, some extra cinnamon, some cocoa powder or both… & if you’re really into bananas, some EXTRA BANANA SLICES FOR GARNISH!
Ladies & gents, this is Kelly’s Gluten-Free Warm & Cozy & Creamy-AF Banana Bread Oats a.k.a. Taking-You-To-All-Kinds-Of-Banana-Heaven-Oh-&-That-You-Can’t-Go-Wrong-Fibre-&-Protein-Rich-Breaky-For-Champs!
Kay, woah, right? I know. Talk about a fibre & protein-rich breaky to get you going, eh? Yep, that IS the goal, my loves! And let me tell y’all, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED & MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. After devouring these, I was FULL, SATISFIED & FULL OF ENERGY ALL MORNING LONG, not to mention, THESE BABES ARE EVERYTHING & by “everything”, I mean:
SWEET & SAVOURY!
OH & UH… that FREAKING PEANUT BUTTER PLOPPED RIGHT THURR. YEAH, THAT PB IS EVERYTHING.
BASICALLY, this is the definition of a you-can’t-go-wrong-breaky.
So, please, before you go to bed, my loves, make sure you have bananas… you’ll need ‘em tomorrow morning & NOBODY LIKES AN EARLY-MORNING GROCERY RUN (when the tummy is growling, you’re hAngry & need food STAT!).
And, now… we finally get to the nitty-gritty! Here we go!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED (for two really-big á la Kelly in the Kitch servings):
- 2 cups of skim milk (or regular milk or any other plant-based milk, such as cashew, almond or macadamia milk!);
- 3 tbsp. of organic brown sugar or coconut sugar;
- ½ tsp. of ground cinnamon;
- OPTIONAL: A PINCH OF NUTMEG!
- 1 1/3 cup of gluten-free rolled oats (NOT QUICK OATS!);
- 1 HUGE-AF BANANA or 2 medium-sized ripe bananas, MASHED;
- 3 tbsp. of coarsely chopped raw organic WALNUTS OR PECANS;
- 3 tbsp. of sliced raw organic ALMONDS;
- 4 heaping tbsp. creamy organic … PEANUT BUTTER!!! <3 <3 <3 (or any other nut butter, such as almond, cashew, hazelnut, pistachio or a combination of any of these! BASICALLY, NUT BUTTER IT UP!);
- Extra cinnamon for drizzle (or some cocoa powder OR BOTH!) + throw on some ‘mo banana slices if you wish!
Now that we’ve got those (beautiful) ingredients DOWN-PACKED, let’s get to the nitty-gritty.
WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE HOW EASY THIS IS. You can literally do it with your eyes closed, a.k.a. she’s the PERF BREAKFAST, because let’s be honest, you’re pretty much ALWAYS half-asleep when making breaky.
Ok wait, DISLCAIMER: You cannot actually do it with your eyes fully closed. It does involve a stovetop, so yeah. Not responsible for that fire you cause in your house. OKAY?
OK, NOW WE’RE READY.
My loves, all you gotta do is THIS:
- In a MEDIUM SAUCEPAN, bring the milk, brown sugar & cinnamon (& nutmeg, if adding!) to a gentle boil. WATCH CAREFULLY, OKAY? (If not, I’m not responsible for your milk overflowing & turning your oven into LEGIT, THE MILKY WAY. LMAO, I really crack myself up sometimes. No, but seriously, if you don’t watch your saucepan very carefully, your milk WILL overflow. No doubt about it).
- Once boiled, STIR IN ‘DEM OATS. Return to a boil & once boiled AGAIN, reduce your heat to MEDIUM! Cook the babes, oops I mean… the OATS, for 5 minutes, OR until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring here & there, ya know!
- While the babes are cookin’, MASH YOUR BANANANANANANA!
- NOW, REMOVE THE BABES FROM THE HEAT. STIR IN ‘dem mashed bananas & walnuts and/or pecans & SPOON THIS CREAMY-RICH-BEAUTIFULNESS INTO THE BOWLS.
- Top your bowls of wonderfulness (that have you in complete & utter awe RN) with 2 MASSIVE TABLESPOONS OF PEANUT BUTTER, OTHER NUT BUTTER OR A MIX OF BOTH, sliced almonds, cinnamon, and/or cocoa powder & MORE SLICED BANANA, if adding!
- DEVOUR. NOW. NOW. NOW! OH… you already started! Right! Guess you no longer feel like you need my permission… oh well!!!
OH & FOOD PORN:
Bon appétit babes!!! <3