I hope you all had a beautiful SaturYAY! & now… SUNDAY FUNDAY!! And not only is it Sunday Funday, BUT THE SUN IS OUT. Winning!
I missed you babes the past few days, but as you all know, THE UNPACKING SITCH IS INTENSE. Last night, I stopped for the day at 11PM… yep. You read right. At 11PM. And so I thought… what better way to relax than to BAKE UP A STORM? And not just any storm… A FREAKING TREAT & A HALF BECAUSE WELL, I DESERVED IT AFTER THE LONGEST DAY EVER & you babies deserve to indulge every now & then too! (BTW, I did say “EVERY NOW & THEN!”). But, want to hear the best part?
You’re not really indulging. As
always (most of the time), this is a GUILT-FREE RECIPE… & you better believe it.
These are my SKINNY-ISH PEANUT BUTTER SWIRL BROWNIES made without… wait for it… FLOUR, BUTTER OR OIL. Swear! Honestly, I also thought I was dreaming… not only are these babies the fudgiest, richest, softest & chewiest brownies of LIFE, but, I am bringing you all of that & DRUMROLL… SWIRLING THIS BEAUTY WITH MY ONE TRUE LOVE: PEANUT BUTTER! (Is there really anything better in this world than chocolate & peanut butter combined? NAH. DON’T THINK SO EITHER!)
I know, you must be thinking that my use of skinny & brownie in the same title makes no sense… but I promise you, YOU ARE NOT DREAMING. THIS IS NOT TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. IT’S REALITY. Basically, the babes will taste sinfully chocolate-y & you’ll feel all kinds of rebellious as you devour one after the other… BUT I PROMISE YOU WON’T NEED YOUR FAT PANTS!!
Ladies & gents, these are Kelly’s 0-Flour, 0-Oil & 0-Butter Skinny-ish Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies a.k.a. The-Most-Sinfully-Chocolatey-But-Guilt-Free-Fudgiest-Chewiest-Richest-&-Softest-Brownies-That-You-Ever-Did-Devour! (Yes. Yes. LONG NAME, AMAZING RESULTS!).
As most of you munchkins already know, most brownie recipes call for loads of butter or oil, white flour, excessive amounts of sugar, and 3+ eggs. Hence, their wonderfully decadent & freaking rich taste. KELLY’S BROWNIES, however, combine much healthier alternatives, making these brownies…wait for it… EVEN good enough to call breakfast! (A BREAKFAST FOR CHAMPS, IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF!). AND SO, the best part about these babes is that instead of clogging ‘em with butter & oil, I LOADED the gorg batter with vanilla Greek yogurt & this, my loves, is where the babies get that moist & fudgy taste that, let’s be honest, we ALL ADORE in them not-so-healthy chocolate brownies.
OH & FIBRE-RICH OATS > FLOUR. I mean… do I even have to explain myself? OATS ARE A PERFECT WAY, HECK THEY ARE THE PERFECT WAY to start your day & or fuel a workout! The recipe calls for only 1/2 cup of oats, which are ground up into a flour (IN YOUR BLENDER, WITH THE REST OF THE MIX, A.K.A. EASY-PEASY!) & YOU’LL BE SURPRISED AT WHAT JUST HALF A CUP CAN DO! OH THE POTENTIAL!
THE OTHER INGREDIENTS, YOU ASK? Aside from the PB, Greek yogurt & OATS for days, THINK: milk, eggs, sea salt, sugar (OOOOOPSIE!) & organic cocoa powder!!!! Sounds PRETTY CLEAN-ISH TO ME, YOU? (FOR A BROWNIE AT LEAST…)
All this to say, in a nutshell,
These babes are:
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE…
BEST BROWNIE YOU’LL EVER TASTE &…
ONE YOU CAN ACTUALLY FEEL GOOD ABOUT DEVOURING!
BASICALLY, THEY ARE…
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- ¾ cup of CREAMY organic peanut butter (DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, use natural, runny peanut butter or powdered peanut butter & if you do, DO NOT BLAME ME if your brownies do NOT come out perfect… & I can guarantee you that they won’t, ERGO LISTEN TO MOI!);
- 170g of vanilla Greek yogurt! (MY FAVE!!! If you guys prefer, you can use chocolate or coffee flavoured Greek yogurt, but IMO, any fruity-flavoured one probably wouldn’t go well with this recipe so stick to the vanilla, coffee or chocolate, my loves!);
- ¼ cup of skim milk (If you prefer, sub the skim milk for full-fat regular milk OR any plant-based milk, such as almond or cashew milk!):
- 1 egg;
- ¼ tsp. of organic sea salt;
- 1 tsp. of organic non-GMO baking powder;
- 1 cup of granulated sugar!!! GUYS, it’s a brownie. You’re allowed to indulge sometimes. CALM DOWN. But, if for whichever cray-cray reason, you will NOT let yourself indulge, I’M MAD AT YOU. However, since I love you too much to deprive you of this recipe, I HAVE ALTERNATIVES FOR YOU, AS ALWAYS, RIGHT?! Basically, you can use ½ cup of raw organic honey or a mix of ½ cup of brown sugar & ¼ cup of raw organic honey! SEEEEEE, there’s always a solution! But, babes, NO MATTER HOW YOU CHOOSE TO SWEETEN IT, taste the batter before pouring it into your baking dish to make sure that it’s JUST-THE-RIGHT-AMOUNT-OF-SWEET! You be the judge. To each their own, BUT I MEAN… I LIKE MY BROWNIES SWEET-AF, you?
- ½ cup of unsweetened organic fair trade cocoa powder (ZOMFG, DID SOMEONE SAY CHOCOLATE & PEANUT BUTTER… WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!!!)
- & LAST, BUT MOST CERTAINLY NOT LEAST… ½ cup of gluten-free old-fashioned organic ROLLLLLLED OATS (MY GOODNESS. If only you munchkins knew just how much I LOVE OATS… I can’t get enough & well… when they’re thrown into a recipe with an ingredients list like this one… HEAVEN. HEAVENLY. HEAVEN!
NOW, how do these babies, OOPS I MEAN BROWNIES, become yours?
Let me explain!
- My loves, preheat your ovens to 350F. Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray & set aside! Make sure to spray the entire pan, not just the bottom but also the sides! This will save you loads of trouble once the babe is baked & you’re trying to get her outta that baking dish! (You gotta admit… we all know that horrible feeling of ruining a beautiful cake, dessert or pie when STRUGGLING to get her outta that baking dish! ALL IT TAKES IS A BIT OF GREASE TO MAKE THAT PROBLEM GO BUH-BYE!).
- Place all the GORGEOUS & PERF INGREDIENTS (EXCEPT FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER) into a blender or food processor (Yes, a BLENDER. THESE ARE BASICALLY BLENDER BROWNIES!!!). BLEND UNTIL THE MIX IS SMOOTH & CREAMY-AF & THE OATS ARE GROUND UP & COMBINED WITH THE REST OF THE BABES. Essentially, BLEND UNTIL YOU HAVE BROWNIE BATTER. OKAY?
- Pour the beautz batter into the prepared baking dish. The batter will be thin. DO NOT PANIC.
- NOW, for the best part of this recipe… wait for it… drumroll… MICROWAVE YOUR PEANUT BUTTER FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS. AND NOW… A FEAST FOR YOUR EYES… Drop the melted peanut butter by spoonfuls into the batter, swirling gently with a knife to create a marbled effect (DO YOUR BEST NOT TO OVERMIX, BUT WHATEVZ, even if you do… all that matters is that the peanut butter is in there!!!).
- BAKE THIS BABY FOR 25 MINUTES or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan (YES, this means you need to watch your brownies. SORRY NOT SORRY. You want delicious brownies, put in the work!!!). The brownies will be extra-super-duper-über fudgy, so MAKE SURE YOU WAIT UNTIL COMPLETELY COOLED (if you have the willpower!!!!!). I somehow found the willpower (Maybe because it was 11:30 PM when the babe came fresh out ‘da oven & I was freaking dead, exhausted, KAPUT) to put the babes in the fridge overnight… AND THE CUT THIS MORNING… OH MAN… SO PERFECT & SO EASY!
- Once cooled OR refrigerated, whichever you decide, CUT THE BABE INTO SQAURES/TRIANGLES/WHATEVER SHAPE YOU WANT & DEVOURRRRRR.
- The babes will stay fresh at room temperature for about 2 days, BUT can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days more. OH & YOU CAN EVEN FREEZE THEM FOR UP TO 2-3 MONTHS… But guys, let’s be honest, the brownies are never entering your fridge for those extra 5 days, let alone your freezers for MONTHS… they will not last that long. I GUARANTEE IT. Unless, of course, you make like four batches!!!
OH & FOOD PORN (& let me tell you, THIS IS A FEAST FOR THE EYES… A REAL FREAKING-SUPER-DUPER-CRAY-CRAY FEAST!):
OH & why not pour yourself a gorgeous frothy-AF latte to go with these munchkins?
OHHH & hey!
ENJOY BABIES, XOXO! <3