Hi my loves!!
I hope you’re all having an OKAY MONDAY… sorry that I had to remind you but I mean, NO CHOICE. There is NADA we can do. It’s Monday & we gotta live it up.
And well, what better way to LIVE IT THE EFF UP than with… THE SITCH IN MY KITCH THIS MORNING?… YEAH, THAT BEAUTIFUL ENERGY BALL BATTER I WOKE YOU MUNCHKINS UP TO… What on earth am I talking about, you ask?
THE FUNKY MONKEY BANANA PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALL STORM I whipped up this morning (& DEVOURED FOUR OF already & it’s only just past 6:00pm. Somebody, anybody, HELP!)
Following A TON of requests from all you beautiful people, I FINALLY found the time (at 6:00am this morning, BEFORE I STARTED WITH THE UNPACKING SITCH YET AGAIN) to whip up some fun, delish & protein-packed energy balls! Whether you need ‘em for:
A pre or post-workout snack!
As an afternoon pick-me-up to get you through those end of the workday blues!
simply just as like, THE GREATEST SNACK EVER!
These babes are for you.
ALL THIS TO SAY, THESE BABES ARE FOR EVERYONE. YES, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU MUNCHKINS!
Kay so, let’s just all agree that peanut butter is like the best thing ever, right? It is SO GOOD that sometimes you need to incorporate it into a healthy recipe so that you can
just eat, oops I mean, DEVOUR, more & more of it… Well, munchkins, GET YOUR PB FIX (plus a dose of banana for good measure & loads of POTASSIUM) in this quick, simple & easy healthy-AF snack recipe that is perf to grab & go AND FUEL YOU FOR THOSE BUSY DAYS!
What’s in these babies, you ask?
DATES, DATES, DATES, DATES! OH DATES, I LOVE YOU!
OATS UPON OATS! (Gluten-free ones, of course!)
FLAXXXXX! (Freaking love that word, don’t know why!!)
LAST BUT MOST CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, PURE ORGANIC VANILLA EXTRACT! <3
NOT BAD, RIGHT? Clean, healthy & freaking delish. Each & every single one of these ingredients is delish on their own (Kay, minus the salt maybe, but whatever), SO SIMPLY IMAGINE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY ARE COMBINED INTO CUTE LITTLE BALLS OF ENERGY & WONDERFULNESS?!? KEEP IMAGINING. YEP. YOU’RE RIGHT.
HEAVENLY PURE BLISS.
Ladies & gents, these are my Clean-Eating Funky Monkey Banana Peanut Butter Energy Balls a.k.a. These-Babes-Will-Fuel-You-Without-Being-Cruel-To-You-Oh-And-They’ll-Make-Your-Tummy-Dance-&-Throw-a-Heck-of-a-Partay-In-Your-Mouth!
Not only are these babes ENERGY BALLS, so like, THAT ALONE MAKES THEM SUPER DUPER AWESOME, but they’re also:
& THE EASE with which these babies come to life is simply marvellous! I mean… like a handful of ingredients whizzed up in your food processor et voilà! The most effort you will have to put into these babies is rolling ‘em into cute little balls of wonderfulness… & WELL, IF YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE THE ENERGY TO DO THAT, just put this beautz batter in a bowl & EAT A SPOONFUL AT A TIME (UH, kinda like what you do with the jar of Nutella, ya know?)! I won’t tell anyone. I swear.
These balls of goodness will LITERALLY put you in a cray-cray-beautiful TWO BIRDS, ONE STONE STICH – I’m talkin’…
that party in your mouth… that tummy dance
that omg-I-feel-so-energized-&-fuelled-ready-to-tackle-just-about-anything sitch.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- ½ cup of creamy-AF organic peanut butter;
- 1 VERY RIPE banana (Let’s be honest, we all have at least one of these in our fruit basket, right?)
- ½ cup of organic & unsweetened pitted dates;
- 3/4 to 1 cup of uncooked gluten-free oats (Feel free to use regular oats, as well, if gluten is not a concern!) – Start out with 3/4 cup, then if your batter is too soft, add some ‘mo!
- ¼ cup of organic ground flaxseed;
- ¼ tsp. of sea salt;
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- OPTIONAL: ¼ cup of mini chocolate chips!
Oui, c’est tout, munchkins!!!! But, with so little ingredients, you don’t even know how good these babes taste. Let’s just say, YOU WILL BE MOST PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!
Now, how to whip up these balls of wonderfulness? LET ME EXPLAIN!!
- Combine all these beautz ingredients, EXCEPT THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS (if adding) in a food processor & process until it forms a paste, adding MORE OATS if the mixture is TOO SOFT (I found my mixture was a BIT TOO SOFT & instead of adding more oats, I put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden & found it was JUST THE RIGHT TEXTURE afterwards! The batter was still a bit sticky when rolling these babies BUT, I wet my hands in between rolling every few & they turned out perfect).
- If you are adding chocolate chips, stir ‘em in STAT.
- Using about 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time, ROLLLL THE BABES INTO BALLS. It’s totally up to you how big you want the balls to be (LAWLZ, that sounds really BAD!), but yep, whatever floats your boat!
- Store the BABES in the fridge until you are ready to eat, OOPS I MEAN, DEVOUR!!!!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!