Gluten-Free Spaghetti Primavera with Sautéed Onion, Bell Pepper, Mushrooms, Cauliflower & Ground Turkey Tossed in a Creamy-AF Homemade Marinara a.k.a. Guilt-Free-Comfort-Food-Prayers-Answered-Stat-Oh-&-Spaghetti-Heaven-Bye!
I hope you all had a beautiful Thursday & now… I can say… HAPPY ALMOST-FRIYAY, A.K.A. HAPPY ALMOST WEEKEND! The countdown is OFFISH ON. Ya dig?
SO, AMIDST THE PACKING & MOVING SITCH GOING ON RN, I found some time to whip up a quick, simple, easy, but you-smell-like-HEAVEN dins for tonight! ISN’T SHE JUST GORGEOUS, THOUGH?
Basically, I was having a MASSIVE (& I MEAN MASSIVELY HUGE) pasta craving & as you munchkins know, I’M ALL FOR SATISFYING A CRAVING THESE DAYS. WHAT MY BOD WANTS, MY BOD GETS! YA FEEL ME?
No, but literally, as I was moving boxes, I was fantasizing & dreaming of a beautiful, warm, hearty plate of pasta & well… AFTER A DAY’S WORTH OF FANTASIZING, A LIL’ SOMETHING LIKE ‘DIS WAS BORN & I AIN’T EVEN MAD BRO. (This might also be because I’ve been whipping up realllllly LIGHT & quick salads for dinner most nights this week given how busy I’ve been with the move, so tonight, I JUST NEEDED ME SOME COMFORT FOOD & WHEN I SAY COMFORT FOOD, I MEAN COMFORT FOOD SANS GUILT. You’ll see what I mean later, well no, soon-ish!).
I don’t mean to brag, but I mean… THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF BEAUTY. Wanna know what’s in her? Ugh, I don’t even know why I ask. OBVS YOU WANNA KNOW!
THINK: Sautéed onion, bell pepper, cauliflower, white mushroom & GROUND TURKEY (DUH!) SEASONED WITH SOME GORG & SAVOURY SPICES & tossed in none other than my… CREAMY-AF HOMEMADE MARINARA SAUCE!!
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Gluten-Free Spaghetti Primavera with Sautéed Onion, Bell Pepper, Mushrooms, Cauliflower & Ground Turkey Tossed in a Creamy-AF Homemade Marinara a.k.a. Guilt-Free-Comfort-Food-Prayers-Answered-Stat-Oh-&-Spaghetti-Heaven-Bye!
TBH, I whipped this babe up early this afternoon because I was taking a break from moving (given that it’s essentially become a cardio-workout at this point) & FROM THE MINUTE SHE WAS READY, I was fantasizing about devouring her. Let me tell you, I genuinely needed HELP to get my mind off of her (Kinda like an ex-boyfriend, LAWLZ!). But, I also cannot ascertain that anybody’s efforts would’ve helped much… I just couldn’t stop, until it was time to sit down & devour.
I mean, CALL ME CRAZY BUT, what would you do if a beautiful skillet filled with this wonderfulness was like sitting right in front of your face? Would you be able to resist temptation? DON’T SAY YES. I’LL KNOW YOU’RE LYING. BYE!
OH & those spices I mentioned earlier… I’m talking a beautiful mixture of garlic powder, smoked paprika & cumin… WOAH. JUST WOAH. Insanity.
Anywho munchkins, ALL THIS TO SAY, if you are looking for a guilt-free, delicious, creamy, VEGGIE & PROTEIN-PACKED pasta dish to whip up in like under 30 minutes for dins tonight, THIS BABE IS THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR DINNER IDEA (OR LACK THEREOF) PRAYERS! & Wait for it…
She’s sure-AF to impress the hubby/fiancé/boyfie/WHATEVER ELSE HE IS & even the kiddies!!! Swear! Once again, if you don’t believe moi, try me! You won’t regret it. TRUST ME. (By now, if you don’t trust me… we have a problem. A slight problem. Kidding. A HUGE FREAKING PROBLEM). How do we solve it? Once again, with this recipe. She’ll make you regret the day you stopped trusting me, seriously. SHE’S AMAZING.
Okay, it’s time for me to stop ranting. I have some double chocolate BLACK BEAN cookies BAKING RN & I GOTTA KEEP AN EYE ON THEM (BTW, these babes are like my go-to’s, ergo I legit make a batch of ‘em once a week & they’re on the blog, so please, do yourselves a favour, BAKE ‘EM & HAVE ‘EM FOR DESSERT POST-THIS-PASTA-DINS!). RECIPE HERE!!!!
KAY, LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 tbsp. of organic coconut oil;
- 200g of cauliflower florets, STEMS CHOPPED;
- 1 medium sweet white onion, DICED;
- 100g of white or Cremini mushrooms, SLICED THINLY;
- 120g of red (or any other) bell pepper, SLICED;
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Organic Himalayan sea salt for seasoning;
- 200g of extra-lean ground turkey, CRUMBLED;
- 2 cups of my Homemade Creamy-AF Marinara Sauce (RECIPE HERE) & 1/3 cup of water (& more, if necessary, depending on the consistency you want your sauce to have!);
- LOADS of spaghetti or any other noodles or pasta of your choosing, BOILED ACCORDING TO PACKAGE DIRECTIONS (A.K.A. AL DENTÉ!);
- 1 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- Loads of dried basil for garnish!
- OPTIONAL: Red pepper chilli flakes or Sriracha OR BOTH for some spice!
Beautiful ingredients, right? I know!!!! Don’t you munchkins just love the combination of some sautéed veggies with sweet onion? It’s like no matter what you toss with browned onion (IN COCONUT OIL, OBVS.), YOU ACHIEVE ABSOLUTE HEAVEN.
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Boil your spaghetti or other pasta of your choosing according to the package directions! Once boiled, rinse & set aside!
- Heat 1 tbsp. of organic coconut oil in a skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT. Once heated, add your cauliflower, onion, mushrooms & bell pepper to the skillet & toss to combine! Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- NOW, season your veggies with the cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper & sea salt! Toss AGAIN to combine & make sure all your veggies are evenly coated in this heavenly spice mixture! NOW, sauté your veggies, stirring occasionally until THE ONION IS FRAGRANT-AF & all your veggies begin to brown & soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once your veggies looked cooked through (OR ALMOST THERE), throw your ground turkey into the mix! Toss ONCE AGAIN to combine! As your turkey is cooking, use your spatula or wooden spoon to crumble it into smaller pieces & cook until it is no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Once your turkey is cooked & your veggies are fully cooked through & browned, LOWER YOUR HEAT TO MEDIUM & pour in the marinara sauce (MYYYY MARINARA SAUCE!!). STIR TO COMBINE THIS BEAUTIFULNESS WITH THE VEGGIE & TURKEY MIX.
- Once stirred, add in 1/3 cup of water & lower your heat to MEDIUM-LOW. Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes until the water is absorbed (If you want an even thinner sauce, add ¼ to 1/3 of a cup at a time until your desired texture & consistency is obtained!)
- Once your sauce is ready, add 1 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil & your spaghetti or other pasta to the skillet & toss to combine!
- Remove this beautifulness from the heat, PLATE HER, DRIZZZZLE HER WITH SOME DRIED BASIL (And by some, I mean TONS) & some chilli flakes and/or Sriracha (optional!)
- DEVOUR!!!!!! (If you haven’t already eaten half the portion right outta ‘da skillet).
OH & FOOD PORN!