Fresh To Death Clean-Eating Goat Cheese, Black Bean, Shredded Brussels & Other Good Stuff Pasta Salad a.k.a. A-Best-Of-Three-Worlds-Sitch-Keepin’-You-Full-&-Satisfied-Throwin’-A-Party-In-Your-Mouth-&-Makin’-Your-Tummy-Dance!
I hope you all had a beautiful Sunday Funday!!!!
I totally understand if you didn’t spend the ENTIRE day with me in the KITCH. I mean, the weather in Montreal was just BEYOND. And, sometimes, it’s GOOOOD TO GET OUT. IT’S GOOD FOR THE BODY. GOOD FOR YOU. & GIVEN OUR (WELL, I’LL SPEAK FOR MYSELF AT LEAST) GHOSTLY COMPLEXIONS POST-WINTER, GOOD FOR YOUR TAN! (P.S. I am not even exaggerating, I am legit a ghost. I really need to get on top of my tanning game STAT).
But hey, a girl in recovery’s gotta eat (NO MATTER HOW GORG THE WEATHER IS). And so, HERE I AM, back again with tonight’s FRESH-AF DINNER GOALS (P.S. SORRY I haven’t been AS ON TOP OF MY GAME lately! I’ve been super-duper busy the past few days but I PROMISE to get right back into it ASAP! But I mean… I think I’m still PRETTY on point, what do you munchkins think?!).
Rant aside. I’m here to discuss this FRESH TO DEATH GOAT CHEESE, BLACK BEAN & SHREDDED BRUSSELS PASTA SALAD.
She’s the PERFECT light, yet PROTEIN-PACKED dinner for a warm summer night (and finally, IT WAS ONE OF THOSE IN MONTREAL TONIGHT).
She won’t have you feeling like you need them fat pants (plus it’s way too hot to put them on ANYWAY!).
Yet, she will keep you full, satisfied-AF, throw a party in your mouths & make your tummies do a little dance! Basically, SHE’LL GIVE YOU ALL THE FEELS. SHE WILL DO ALL KINDS OF CRAY-CRAY THINGS TO YOU, BUT IT’S NOTHING YOU WON’T LIKE. Swear!
LADIES & GENTS, I present you with my Fresh To Death Clean-Eating Goat Cheese, Black Bean, Shredded Brussels & Other Good Stuff Pasta Salad a.k.a. A-Best-Of-Three-Worlds-Sitch-Keepin’-You-Full-&-Satisfied-Throwin’-A-Party-In-Your-Mouth-&-Makin’-Your-Tummy-Dance! (Yes, in case you were wondering, ANOTHER CASE OF THE LONG NAME, AMAZING RESULTS).
Before we get into the nitty-gritty, IN A NUTSHELL… THINK:
Gluten-free noodles OR pasta (Or NOT-GLUTEN-FREE, totally up to you babies! Whatever you prefer & whatever does your bod good!)
Chopped celery & red onion. BUT LIKE, REALLY CHOPPED!
Organic BLACK BEANS!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 (Love you munchkins!)
LOADS upon LOADS of creamy, smooth, rich & crumbly fine herb & garlic goat cheese!!!!
Tons & tons & tons & some more fresh & chopped-AF cilantro!
That’s it for the ingredients… BUT, LEZ BE HONEST, A PASTA SALAD AIN’T A PASTA SALAD WITHOUT A CHAMPION FOR A DRESSING & WELL, HERE’S ONE TO WRITE HOME ABOUT.
Obvi I made her from scratch (I mean, have you met me?). And, by “HER”, I mean A RED WINE VINEGAR & HONEY DIJON VINAIGRETTE!
She’s really, really simple & doesn’t really contain any “special” or “cool” ingredients, but there’s just something about her! I can rave all I want but, you’ll only really know what I mean once you try her for yourselves!
A.K.A. GET CRACKIN’ GOOD LOOKIN’!
And if the ingredients are not enough to convince you, may I throw in that this babe takes like NO TIME & requires ALMOST NO EFFORT?
Total winning sitch right hurr.
OHHH but wait, I’m not done yet. Totally forgot to brag about how THE BABE PACKS 28 GRAMS OF PROTEIN & 23 GRAMS OF FIBRE.
I mean… at this point, she really is SOMETHING ELSE. Not to mention, the nuttiness of the beans combined with the smoothness & creaminess of the goat cheese and the crunchiness of ‘dem Brussels, onions & celery, OH & THE HERBY GOODNESS of the fresh cilantro… PERFECTION. LITERALLY.
And well, let’s be honest (lots of honesty tonight, ya dig? HONESTY IS THE BEST QUALITY, WADDUP?), the dressing I just ranted about, well she takes that state of perfection up YET ANOTHER NOTCH, like ENHANCES IT AF!!!
OKAY, now you MUST BE convinced. Right? Yes? Okay, good! LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY (FINALLY, I know… SORRY NOT SORRY!).
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE PASTA SALAD:
- Your fave gluten-free (OR NOT) noodles or pasta, BOILED ACCORDING TO PACKAGE DIRECTIONS, a.k.a. AL DENTÉ (THERE IS NO REASON YOUR PACKAGE SHOULD INSTRUCT OTHERWISE!)
- 100g of organic fine herb & garlic goat cheese, CRUMBLLLLLLLY-AF;
- 1 small red onion, CUBED, TINY-AF;
- 75g of celery, CHOPPED;
- 1 15-oz. can of organic black beans, DRAINED & RINSED;
- 100g of Brussels sprouts, SHREDDED-AF;
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- Freshly ground black pepper & dried parsley flakes for garnish! (OH & feel free to sprinkle some cheeeeeeese or nutritional yeast if you’re feeling the cheese vibes!)
FOR THE RED WINE VINEGAR & HONEY DIJON DRESSING:
- 3 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 3 tbsp. of organic red wine vinegar;
- 1 ½ tbsp. of raw organic honey;
- 3 tsp. of Dijon mustard;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of onion powder;
- 1 tsp. of dried chives;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Organic Himalayan sea salt for seasoning!
NOW, talk about a list of clean, healthy & good-for-you ingredients!!!! IF THIS ISN’T THAT, I DON’T KNOW WHAT IS. BYE!
Totz kidding. Not leaving just yet! You munchkins don’t know how to make her... I WOULD NEVER LEAVE YOU HANGING LIKE THAT. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. <3
- First offff, boil your noodles/pasta according to the package directions! We’ve been over this numerous times, my loves… whether your package tells you to cook ‘em al denté or not, I’M THE ONE PROVIDING THE RECIPE & I AM STRAIGHT UP TELLING YOU TO BOIL THEM UNTIL THEY ARE AL DENTÉ, kay?
- NOW, while the noodles/pasta are in the works, add all your veggies & herbs to a LARGE metal mixing bowl!
- Once boiled, let the noodles cool off.
- If you’re in a hurry & you need to whip this baby up FAST-AF, THERE IS A SOLUTION, AS ALWAYS!!! As soon as your noodles are ready, put them under cold-running water for a minute or two to completely stop the cooking process & to cool ‘em off!) & THEN, ADD THEM TO YOUR VEGGIE & HERB MIX!
- THEN, throw in ‘dat goat cheese! Try to crumble it a bit before adding it to the bowl so that it’s easier to toss it in with the veggies & combine it into your salad mixture (BASICALLY, this is you thinking of the future. Crumbling the cheese beforehand will ensure that you get A LITTLE BIT OF GOAT CHEESE CRUMBLE WITH EVERY. SINGLE. BITE as opposed to some FULL OF CHEEEESE & others where you just want to cry because all you can think about as you chew is, WHERE IS THE CHEESE?).
- NOW, throw in ‘dem black beans!!!! I don’t know about you babes but I FREAKING LOVE THESE LITTLE MUNCHKINS OF WONDERFULNESS. It’s insane how much you could do with them if you put your creative mind to work! Like… If I remember correctly, just a couple days ago, I was raving to you munchkins about my black bean cookies & my black bean flourless cake & now, here I am, incorporating the babes into a pasta salad!!!! Basically, the possibilities with these munchkins are endless. BTW, this is not a paid ADVERTISEMENT or anything. It’s just me pitching to you lovies that YOU SHOULD ALWAYS KEEP ‘DEM PANTRIES STOCKED WITH THESE BABES!
- NOW, whisk up your dressing! Super simple, lovies, don’t worry! NO BLENDER. NO FOOD PROCESSOR. NO ANYTHING NECESSARY. EXCEPT SOME ARM STRENGTH & A WHISK! Combine all the beautz sweet & savoury ingredients in a SMALL mixing bowl & WHISK THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM UNTIL THEY ARE FULLY COMBINED & well, your dressing looks like a dressing. YA FEEL ME? I think it’s safe to say we all know what a dressing should look like, right? If not… well, oops, I forgot to take a pic! Better luck next time, but, know that I really, really, really do BELIEVE IN YOUR ABILITIES!
- ONCE YOUR DRESSING IS ALL WHISKED UP & READY TO GO, pour the wonderfulness over your BEAUTIFUL PASTA SALAD & mix the eff out of THIS BEAUTIFULNESS to ensure that all your veggies/herbs/noodles are EVENLY COATED IN THIS HEAVENLY DRESSING (But, don’t get too wild, my loves!! You do not, and I repeat, YOU DO NOT, want your pasta salad to turn into mashed black beans, now, do you? If so, feel free to go wild with your wooden spoon or spatula. IF NOT, BE GENTLE. YOUR BEANS ARE FRAGILE & THEY DESERVE SOME TENDER LOVE & CARE, OKAY?
- OKAY, NOW IT’S TIME TO PLATE THE BABE. Plate her. Then, garnish her with some freshly ground black pepper & dried parsley flakes et voilà!!!! OH & of course, you have my permission to drizzle, sprinkle, smother, flake & all that other good stuff SOME CHEEEESE OR NUTRITIONAL YEAST before devouring her.
- NOW. DEVOUR. DEVOUR. DEVOUR & DEVOUR SOME ‘MO!
OH & FOOD PORN, DUH!!!