Hi (again) babies!
Happy Sunday, Funday!!!! A.k.a. Spend-the-day-in-the-kitch-with-Kelly-day!!! (LAWLZ, kidding! Not about to flatter myself that much!).
Today is going to be a beautiful day FOR SO MANY REASONS, but I’m a bit OVERJOYED ABOUT ONE THING IN PARTICULAR. What is it, you ask?
THE COCONUT MILK CLEAN-EATING RANCH DRESSING I WHIPPED UP THIS MORNING.
She’s a freaking knockout, if I do say so myself.
She really is worth a shot
& well, let me just say, SHE’S SOMETHING SPECIAL. SHE’S A KEEPER.
For this baby, TO KEEP ‘ER CLEAN, I used light coconut milk. SO, PLEASE, do not UNREALISTICALLY expect A THICK & CREAMY-AF RANCH DRESSING like the store-bought kind. You wanted clean eating. This is clean eating. SHE’S STILL DELISH THOUGH!
I then incorporated TONS of dried & fresh herbs & spices to create LAYERS UPON LAYERS OF BRIGHT FLAVA! It really is so simple to throw together & well… the smell of the herbs mingling with one another (they’re TOTZ flirting) will have you hovering your face OVER THE FREAKING BOWL so you can inhale all that awesomeness.
THE RESULT? A deliciously silky dressing that is balanced by dried chives & parsley and fresh basil & dill. KAY, if you’re not D with one or two of these herbs, you can totz play around with leaving ‘em out & adding more of another. BUT, IMO, each one of them provides a lovely POP OF NECESSARY FLAVOUR.
Ladies & gents, this is Kelly’s Clean-AF Coconut Milk (Yes, The Light One!) Ranch Dressing a.k.a. That-Silky-Smooth-Herby-Coconuty-“I-Smother-That-Stuff-On-Everything”!
Drizzle (oops, I mean SMOTHER) this babe over a simple green SPINACH SALAD or throw in a couple tbsp. of sour cream or 2% Greek yogurt to thicken her & TURN THIS BABE FROM A DRESSING TO A DIP! So yeah, not only is she coconut-y, herb-y, delicious, simple to whip up & BEAUTZ, but she is also SUPER-DUPER VERSATILE. Winning, you?
Legit couldn’t wait to share this babe with you!!! But, it was nice meeting you on that coconut cloud while you waited!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 can of organic light coconut milk (If you munchkins want a THICKER ranch dressing, definitely use FULL-FAT coco milk or even, coconut cream!);
- 1 tbsp. of organic coconut oil or organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. of shallots, MINCED;
- 1 ½ tsp. of dried minced garlic;
- 2 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of dried chives;
- 3 tbsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh basil, CHOPPED;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh dill, CHOPPED;
- 1 tsp. of organic sea salt;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- OPTIONAL: If you don’t use full-fat coconut milk to thicken your dressing, BUT STILL WANT A LIGHT & TIGHT (basically, a clean & light) dressing WITHOUT THE EXTRA CALORIES OF FULL-FAT COCO MILK, you can also thicken your dressing with 1/3 cup of 2% Greek yogurt or sour cream!
Okay, so basically, I’m really keeping this AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE, AS YOU CAN SEE. I‘m really trying, my loves! BUT, there is always a CLEAN-ISH VERSION, a.k.a. you can still eat clean but indulge a lil’ bit! Ya feel me? I’m talking ’bout throwing in the full-fat coco milk instead of the light, or thickening the babe with Greek yogurt or sour cream!
Just ’cause you do that, it don’t mean you’re INDULGING TOO MUCH, it just means you’re allowing your bod to EAT & DEVOUR & ENJOY WHAT IT WANTS, DESIRES & DESERVES! And that, my loves, is the beauty of life!
Too bad I missed out on it for like two years, but I think it’s safe to say I’m compensating RN, you?
NOW, HOW TO TRANSFORM THESE DELISH INGREDIENTS INTO THIS PERFECTLY-PERFECT HEALTHY-AF RANCH DRESSING? Let me explain!
- Pour the coconut milk into a MEDIUM metal mixing bowl;
- Add in ALL the other ingredients & whisk the eff out of all this greeeeen herby, white & silky wonderfulness until all the ingredients are FULLY COMBINED!
- REFRIGERATE THE DRESSING FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES to let all ‘dem flavours marinate & meld together. Honestly, when refrigeration or cooling ain’t necessary, I’M ALWAYS HONEST WITH YOU GUYS, but in the case of this dressing, I genuinely believe it just TASTES SO MUCH BETTER when you let ‘dem flavours chill together in the fridge & become besties! TRUST ME, it’lll be worth the wait! Just whisk it up a little bit before lunch time, refrigerate & then she’ll be ready just in time for you to smother your beautiful greens in her!!!
OH, & FOOD PORN!!!