Healthy-AF Stuffed-For-Days Tuna Salad Wrap a.k.a. When-You-Sub-That-Mayo-For-Greek-Yogurt-&-You-Ain’t-Even-Mad-Bro!-Wait-What-Mayo?
<3 <3 <3
Happy SaturYAY night! 🙂 I hope you munchkins are having an amazing weekend! What a freaking BEAUTIFUL DAY in Montreal today! IT’S SAFE TO SAY IT’S FINALLY SUMMER!
AND, IN THE SPIRIT OF SUMMER, today, I was craving something fresh, light & crunchy for lunch, that would still provide me with all that good stuff, a.k.a. the fats, the carbs & the protein!!!!
And so, this BABE came to life.
Basically, this is my take on a HEALTHY-AF TUNA SALAD WRAP. Why is she healthy? Like isn’t the tuna smothered in mayo… even if it’s Vegan… it’s still mayo… YOUR THOUGHTS EXACTLY, RIGHT?
Well, you’re wrong.
She is healthy & no, SHE IS NOT SMOTHERED IN MAYO. In fact… the whole idea behind this baby is that I REPLACED ‘DA MAYO WITH GREEK YOGURT. Sorry not sorry.
Turns out Greek yogurt is not only A SUBSTITUTE FOR MAYO, but is like THE BEST ONE EVER, because you will literally feel like you are devouring half a jar of mayo (I mean… let’s be honest, every tuna salad contains just about that), BUT REALLY, YOU’RE JUST DEVOURING (GUILT-FREE, BTW) CREAMY-AF PROTEIN-PACKED GREEK YOGURT, with its probiotic benefits & all. So, you’re winning at life. And, YOU ARE NOT EVEN EATING MAYO. Awesome, right? I know….
And, well, if replacing mayo with Greek yogurt is not enough to have you munchkins curious (I mean, ALREADY THINKING OF WHEN YOU’RE GOING TO WHIP THIS MUNCHKIN UP!), WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THAT BECAUSE YOU’RE SUBBING FOR THE MAYO (a.k.a. them fats), you can totally ADD THEM FATS SOMEWHERE ELSE IN YOUR MEAL?…
I mean… who doesn’t like a tuna salad wrap/sandwich WITH FRIES ON ‘DA SIDE? OR… POTATO SALAD… OR COLESLAW… OR ONION RINGS! Basically, what I’m trying to tell you munchkins is that since you DON’T EVEN FEEL LIKE YOU’RE NOT EATING MAYO, you might as well SUB IT FOR GREEK YOGURT & INDULGE WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR SIDE DISH. It’s LOGICAL, RIGHT? & Legit, a best of both worlds sitch, so like, why not take it? (P.S. Totz. dreaming of onion rings, RN, you?).
The other ingredients, you ask? Hmm… I’m talkin’ loads of chopped-AF tiny celery chunks, fresh dill, organic yellow mustard & DIJONNNN, EVOO, lemon juice, ground cumin, SMOKED PAPRIKA, onion powder, DRIED MINCED GARLIC, ALWAYS (Oh & Garlic Breath, FTW!!!), sea salt & freshly ground black peppppa!
Sounds delish, right? Take my word. It is. It really, truly, genuinely is & I don’t even know why I am trying to justify it!!!!
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Healthy-AF Stuffed-For-Days Tuna Salad Wrap a.k.a. When-You-Sub-That-Mayo-For-Greek-Yogurt-&-You-Ain’t-Even-Mad-Bro!-Wait-What-Mayo?
Now, let’s talk nutrition for a sec (because we all know I’m totz into that, right? Well, if you didn’t, NOW YOU KNOW!)… THE BABE PACKS… WAIT FOR IT…
31 GRAMS OF PROTEIN
17 GRAMS OF FIBRE!!!
What does this mean? UHHHH. IN OTHER WORDS, not only will she satisfy you DELICIOUSLY, but she will keep you full & ENERGIZED ALL DAY LONG & well… she might also keep you WANTING MORE. But, that’s a whole different story. We’ll save it for some other time because I legit think I’ve been ranting for long enough. What do you say?
Anywho lovies, HOW GORG IS SHE? Don’t you babies just ABSOLUTELY-LOVE-ADORE-OBSESS OVER THESE PACKAGE DEAL LUNCH SITCHS? I KNOW I DO. I’m talkin’
(The best of FOUR worlds?! LET’S MAKE THAT A THING, KAY? YA DIG?).
And no, my loves, this ain’t too good to be true. This is a reality. MY REALITY & ONE I COULD NOT WAIT TO SHARE WITH YOU. So here I am & here we go. LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE TUNA SALAD:
- 1 can of organic white flaked tuna in water, DRAINED;
- 60g of 2% organic Greek yogurt;
- 1 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice;
- 1 tsp. of organic yellow mustard;
- 50g of celery, CHOPPED FINELY, TINY-AF;
- 2-3 tbsp. of fresh dill, CHOPPED;
- 1 tsp. of dried minced garlic;
- 1 tsp. of onion powder;
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ½ tsp. of ground cumin;
- Freshly ground black pepper & sea salt for seasoning, TO YOUR LIKING!
FOR THE WRAP ASSSEMBLY!
- 1 whole-wheat wrap, pita pocket or 2 slices of sprouted bread, TOASTED-AF;
- 2 tsp. of organic yellow mustard;
- 2 tsp. of Dijon mustard;
- Some crispy fresh spinach, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion & CHOPPED-AF fresh cilantro for garnish!
- OPTIONAL: 2 tsp. of mayo OR 2 tsp. of Sriracha, OR MAKE YOURSELF A SPICY MAYO WITH BOTH!!!
OKAY, so this is like super-duper-simple-took-me-five-minutes-easy-af-to-whp-up! Basically, she’s a QUICKIE!! & well, everyone likes a quickie every once in a while, right? DO NOT LIE.
- Add the tuna, yogurt, EVOO, lemon juice, yellow mustard, celery, dill, minced garlic, onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin & salt & peppa’ to a MEDIUM METAL MIXING BOWL!
- NOW, stare in awe AT HOW FREAKING GORG ALL OF THIS LOOKS, like literally, stare with your mouth wide open (you look cray-cray, btw!) & just fantasize about devouring the beautiful mixture that comes about when all these ingredients are combined-AF. Kay, admit your life just got like TEN TIMES MORE BEAUTIFUL MERELY AT THE THOUGHT OF THIS. If so (& I know it did), WAIT FOR ‘DAT FIRST BITE!!! It’ll have you on a cloud. OVER THE MOON.
- ONCE YOU’RE DONE STARING (BTW, warning you that this could take anywhere between 30 seconds to an hour, SO FACTOR THAT INTO YOUR MEAL PREP TIME, KAY? Don’t say I didn’t warn you!!!), MIX THE EFF OUT OF ALL THE INGREDIENTS UNTIL YOU OBTAIN SMOOTH, RICH & CREAMY TEXTURE. Basically, it should look like your tuna is SMOTHERED IN MAYO, but IT’S NOT!!!! It’s all in the Greek yogurt baby & do you munchkins not agree with me that the texture of Greek yogurt is like 1804928490382904280423x better than that of mayo anyways? I mean… SMOOTH. RICH. CREAMY. VELVETY. THICK. BYE!
- Once your TUNA SALAD is ready, TOAST YOUR BREAD OF CHOICE!
- While your bread is TOASTINNNN’, MULTITASK!!! ERGO, spread your mustard, Dijon, mayo & Sriracha (if adding) & lay your spinach leaves on one side of the wrap/bread!
- THEN, ONCE TOASTED, STUFF YOUR BREAD WITH ‘DA TUNA SALAD!!!! Like really freaking stuff it, UNTIL IT RIPS (LIKE MINE DID, OOPS, OH WELL. Bread is bread, right?). Once stuffed-AF, garnish your babe with some cherry tomatoes, red onion & cilantro! Sprinkle some dried parsley flakes &/or some freshly ground black pepper &…
OH & FOOD PORN!!!