Healthy-AF Nutrient-Packed Vanilla Milkshake a.k.a. Not-Your-Average-Drive-Thru-Shake-But-BETTER-Oh-&-My-Milkshake-Brings-All-The-Boys-To-The-Yard-(&-They’re-Like-It’s-Better-Than-Yours!)
HAPPPPPPY FRIYAY! A.K.A. HAPPY ALMOST-WEEKEND!
Excitement level 100! You?
We all know what happens when I get excited… my little brain gets to work & beautiful concoctions are created & come to life in my kitch. And this morning was totally one of those days!!! WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE TREAT I HAVE FOR YOU MUNCHKINS.
CURRENT SITCH IN MY KITCH? (Well, it’s not current, current, RATHER, IT OCCURRED AT AROUND 6:00am this morning, BUT YA KNOW!). Following tons of requests from all you beautiful people, said requests being “CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE MORE HEALTHY SMOOTHIE/MILKSHAKE RECIPES?”… HERE IS MY TAKE ON A CLEAN-EATING VANILLA MILKSHAKE! NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, IT’S MORE LIKE CLEAN-DRINKING… but you catch my drift! All this to say, i whipped up A CRAY-CRAY MILKSHAKE STORM THIS MORNING!!! & WOAH.
This baby, though, not a smoothie per-se, is so freaking insanely beyond delicious that I just HAD TO share it with you STAT (like before even drinking it!!!!) & I totally did that on Insta. BUT, AS YOU KNOW, RECIPE POSTS TAKE SLIGHTLY LONGER TO WRITE UP (Even though, yes, the rumours are true, I type like a maniac, a.k.a. fast-AF). So, I was a bit selfish. I chose to drink my milkshake first & then share with you babies, so here I am!!! I didn’t make you wait THAT long, now did I? Please tell me you still love moi.
On the topic of BLOG POSTS, MAN, let me tell you, it’s so effin hard to photograph beverages & make them look gorgeous & not lonely & awkward, and ahhhh getting the cup & contents in one shot and OY! How much pressure can a food blogger handle? A lot…
HONESTLY! I did do my best though, and well, IF THESE ISH-PHOTOS do not get you running to the blender, I hope my word (AND THE INGREDIENTS LIST) will.
This baby is all things creamy, cool & luscious and I guarantee she will become a staple!!! LADIES & GENTS, this is my Healthy-AF Nutrient-Packed Vanilla Milkshake a.k.a. Not-Your-Average-Drive-Thru-Shake-But-BETTER-Oh-&-My-Milkshake-Brings-All-The-Boys-To-The-Yard-(&-They’re-Like-It’s-Better-Than-Yours!)
(LAWLZ, since my name is Kelly, my friends in high school used to always call me KELIS & well, since I was well-versed in the milkshake domain, if you know what I mean, the song became like MY MOTTO, so this milkshake kinda brings back high school memories, NOT COMPLAINING THOUGH! LOVED HIGH SCHOOL. Kay, rant over!).
P.S. Unlike Kelis, CONSIDER YOURSELVES LUCKY I’M NOT CHARGING YOU TO TEACH YOU (Uhh.. please tell me you caught my drift. If not, FINE. One of her lines is: “I could teach you, BUT I’D HAVE TO CHARGE). Kay, bye! NO, not bye!!! KIDDDDDDING!
The ingredients, you ask?
- THEY ARE PACKED WITH STELLAR-AF NUTRITIONAL PROFILES.
- There’s zero dairy & zero refined-sugar in this baby (a.k.a. she ain’t no DRIVE-THRU SHAKE).
- The vanilla & cinnamon (oooooops, TOTZ. just revealed two of the ingredients, OH WELL!) add a depth of flavour!!
- ANDDD best of all? You will sip on (DEVOUR) this blend feeling energized & decadent!
- OH WAIT, DID I FORGET TO MENTION THE CASHEWS? CASHEWS. CASHEWS. CASHEWS. ZOMFG. bye!
OKAY FINE, I’ll tell you what’s in it. BUT ONLY ‘CAUSE I LOVE Y’ALL.
THINK: Almond milk. BANANANANA. Medjool dates. Raw organic cashews. VANILLA EXTRACT. & CINNNNNAMON!
You okay? Please say yes. I’m about to reveal the offish ingredients list!!!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of organic unsweetened almond milk (feel free to use vanilla almond milk, if you prefer!);
- 1 LARGE-AF ripe banana (approximately 3/4 to 1 cup of banana!);
- 2 organic unsweetened MEDJOOL DATES (LIFE). Make sure you take out the pits, babies!
- 3 tbsp. of raw organic CASHEWWWWWS (Does anybody else freaking love these babes? SO VERSATILE., SO DELISH & SO GOOD-FOR-YOU. Yes, good-for-you & fattening, BUT, GOOD FATS. GOOD FATS. GOOD FATS);
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- ¼ tsp. of cinnamon;
- 1 cup of ice (Ice & water don’t count as ingredients according to moi, BUT YOU STILL NEED ‘EM!).
Okay, so this baby is a MILKSHAKE, a.k.a. YOU MAKE HER ‘DA SAME WAY YOU WOULD A SMOOTHIE! All you need is a blender!!!!!!!
- PLACE ALL THE BEAUTZ INGREDIENTS (except the ice) in your blender & BLEND THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM UNTIL SMOOTH! Once smooth, throw in da ice & blend again for another 20 seconds!
- GARNISH HER WITH SOME CINNAMON OR CACAO POWDER SPRINKLE, OR A BIT OF BOTH! (& If you really want to indulge, & why wouldn’t you? IT’S FRIYAY! Drizzle some caramel or chocolate syrup OR BOTH! NOMNOMNOMONOM!).
- & NOW, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO DEVOURRRRR!!!!!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!
ENJOY MES AMOURS! <3 XOXO!