Happy Thursday!! It’s almost FriYAY & you munchkins know what that means, right? We’re a step closer to the weekend & WHAT BETTER WAY TO CELEBRATE THAN WITH THESE BEAUTIFUL CHEWY-OOEY-GOOEY-BUT-JUST-THE-RIGHT-AMOUNT-OF-CRISPY COCONUT MACAROONS? No better way, my loves.
THESE ARE THE ONLY WAY TO CELEBRATE.
Let me explain & you’ll understand. Kay?
PATIENCE, MY BABIES, PATIENCE.
Anywho, this morning I woke you babes with this FREAKING TREAT & A HALF!!!! THEY ARE CRUNCHY & CARAMEL-Y AND VANILLA-Y & CHEWY – Ahhhh! They are legit AS SATISFYING AS THEY ARE DELISH. Holy eff. Babes, you have no effin’ clue how excited I was to share these babies with you!!!
Basically, if you are like me & IN LOVE WITH ‘DA COCO, these babies are for you. And well, if you haven’t yet fallen in love with ‘da coco, THESE BABES WILL GUARANTEED DO THE TRICK!!!! I swear.
Ladies & gents, I present you with Kelly’s 5-Ingredient Gluten-Free Vanilla Coconut Macaroons a.k.a. Beautiful Chewy-Ooey-Gooey-But-Just-The-Right-Amount-Of-Crispy-Coconut-Macaroons!!
OH & in case you are wondering about the ingredients in these munchkins, THINK:
Unsweetened organic coconut flakes.
RAW organic honey.
Organic brown sugar.
OPTIONAL ONES? Cocoa powder. Maple syrup & coconut oil (Not too sure why I made these optional, BUT WHATEVZ! WE’LL GET TO ‘EM SOON!).
THAT’S IT. THAT’S ALL. And with that, YOU OBTAIN THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF BEAUTIFULNESS THAT YOU EVER DID SEE.
So why are these babes so amazing?
They are FULL of healthy-good-for-you FATS that will help curb sugar cravings!
The main event? COCONUT. That should suffice. I’M IN LOVE WITH ‘DA COCO, you?
They are SIMPLE, EASY & QUICK TO WHIP UP. You only need ONE BOWL & one saucepan!!!! (Uh & a whisk… a spatula… & a wooden spoon – BUT WHATEVZ, IT’S STILL NOT MUCH, right?)
The smell… ergo, THE MOOD THESE BABES PUT YOU IN AS THEY BAKE… Basically, the babes are A MOOD BOOSTER.
They are freaking delishhhhhhhhhh!
KAY, I think I have proved my point!!!!!!! It’s time to get right into the nitty-gritty of these babies!!! Y’all ready for ‘dis?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 ½ cups of organic unsweetened coconut flakes;
- 1 large egg white;
- 1 ½ tsp. of vanilla extract;
- 2 tbsp. of raw organic honey;
- 2 tbsp. of water (Sorry, not sorry, but water doesn’t count as an ingredient!!)
- ¼ cup of organic brown sugar;
- OPTIONAL: A pinch of sea salt;
- MORE OPTIONAL STUFF: 2 tbsp. of MELTED coconut oil, 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup & 2 tbsp. of organic unsweetened fair trade cacao powder!
OKAY, woah!! MUNCHKINS, please tell me that you’re still standing!!!!!!! That you’re still ALIVE. That you’re not going to PASS OUT. I was just about to get to telling you munchkins how to whip these babes up. Don’t die on me now. You can do so later. KIDDING! I LOVE YOU GUYS!
ANYWHO, out of fear that the ingredients list will get to you & you will pass out ANY SECOND NOW, let me reveal how to make these babes, ya know, in case you make it through another day!!! HERE WE GO BABIES!
- Add ‘dem coco flakes to a food processor or high-powered blender & PULSE OR BLEND THE EFF OUT OF THESE BABES until they form a CHUNKY FLOUR-LIKE CONSISTENCY. This should take anywhere between 1-2 minutes!
- Add ‘da coco, egg white & VANILLA to a MEDIUM metal mixing bowl. Stir this beautifulness to combine! It will give you a thick, chunky & CRUMBLY-COCONUT-Y-AF consistency. YUM!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 (OH & IT WILL SMELL HEAVENLY.
THINK… VANILLA + COCONUT. THINK… LOVE!
- In a small saucepan, combine ‘da water, HONEY & BROWN SUGAR. Bring this sweetness to a boil & boil for 1 minute! Stir CONSTANTLY, until the liquid has thickened SLIGHTLY and is GOLDEN BROWN!
- Pour ‘da sugar mix into the coco bowl & throw in ‘da sea salt (if using!). NOWWWW, MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER EVENLY!
- Refrigerate your GORG CRUMBLY BATTER for 20 minutes! While the batter is CHILLLLLIN’ IN ‘DA FRIDGE, preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper!
- Remove the GORG BATTER from the fridge & form the macaroons into 1 ½ inch-ish balls. The mixture needs to be like REALLLLLY SQUISHED TOGETHER. If you have to, use your fingers to keep all the crumbliness together & place the babes on the baking sheet! (I rinse my hands every now & then to help prevent STICKINESS ALL OVA’ ‘DA PLACE!).
- Bake the babes for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are JUST SLIGHTLY GOLDEN BROWN.
- If you HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO SO, allow the babes to cool at least 15 minutes BEFORE DEVOURING.
- OPTIONAL: BREATHE, BABIES, BREATHE!!!!! If you want to make these babes EVEN MORE DELISH (even though I am NOT SURE if that’s possible), DRIZZLE ‘DEM WITH CHOCOLATE. How so? Basically, ONCE THE BABES ARE COOLED, all you gotta do is combine 2 tbsp. of MELTED COCONUT OIL, MAPLE SYRUP & COCOA POWDER in a bowl. Whisk to incorporate then DRIZZZZLE OR DIP THE MACAROONS as you like. Refrigerate the babes for 20 minutes so that the chocolate can solidify ET VOILÁ!!!
- FREAKING DEVOUR!!!!!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!
ENJOY LOVIES! Xoxo! <3