<3 <3 <3
Hope you’re all having a wonderful Wednesday (WW? Ya, let’s make that a thing. I’m feeling it, you?). I’m STILL NOT DOWN with this schizo MTL weather. Like I am really just wondering when it will be summer already!!!! MOTHER NATURE, DO YOU HEAR ME? Please. Give me some sun, I’m pale as a ghost & need to work on ‘dat tan… & well, IT’S BEEN IMPOSSIBLE LATELY. All ‘dem clouds ruining my vibe.
Anyway. Back to the recipe. Rant number one: DONE.
Babes, here I am, back again with today’s LUNCH GOALS!
This is my SPINACH, APPLE, CAULIFLOWER & DRIED CRANBERRY CHICKEN SALAD!
She is a salad & a half (Not to mention, A BABE & A HALF!!); let me tell you!!!!
She is everything you’ve ever wanted in a chicken salad.
JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNTS OF CRISP, SWEET, CRUNCH & TARTINESS AND she’s loaded-AF with PROTEIN, VITAMINS & NUTRIENTS!!!
Basically, I try to be the Devil’s advocate & ask myself WHY YOU WOULDN’T WHIP HER UP & I literally cannot even come up with an ounce, heck, an inch, of a reason!
OH, & I almost forgot (but, no I did not) to rant, RAVE, go cray-cray, over the dressing I made (OBVS!!!) to SMOTHER HER IN… Wanna know!?! I know you do! ANYWHO, whether you do or don’t, I’m gonna tell you anyway:
SHE’S A MAPLE ALMOND BUTTER DRESSING.
Holy eff. I don’t know what I did. How I combined this beautifulness. What went through my head! And how this beautiful idea came to life, BUT, ALL I KNOW IS THAT
SHE WAS (WHAT AM I SAYING? SHE IS. IN THE PRESENT TENSE. AND ALWAYS WILL BE) BEAUTIFUL.
Ladies & gents, this is my Spinach, Apple, Cauliflower & Dried Cranberry CHICKEN Salad Tossed in a Maple Almond Butter Dressing a.k.a. Crispy-Sweet-Crunchy-Tarty-Protein-Packed-Babe-Smothered-in-the-Sweetest-Yet-Nuttiest-Dressing-You-Ever-Did-Devour!
I told you munchkins this babe would be yours soon & I wasn’t kidding. NOW, WAS I?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE SALAD!:
- 300g of spinach (MY BABY. It’s been a while since I cheated on her with Kale. I guess I’m slowly learning how to be faithful & stuff! Awesome, right? MIGHT ALSO BE BECAUSE SHE’S SO CRISPILY DELISH THAT I JUST CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF HER. Basically, she makes me FORGET THAT KALE EXISTS. WOAH!).
- 350g of cauliflower, CHOPPED INTO FLORETS;
- 1 large apple, THINLY SLICED;
- 130g of celery, DICED;
- ½ cup of organic unsweetened dried cranberries;
- 250g of my Maple Mustard Chicken, DICED (RECIPE HERE). I JUST SIMPLY CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF HER. CAN YOU TELL?
- ½ cup of cilantro, CHOPPED;
- ½ cup of fresh basil, CHOPPED;
- Freshly ground pepper for garnish!
- OPTIONAL: Parm/Romano/feta cheese or nutritional yeast for garnish!
FOR THE MAPLE ALMOND BUTTER DRESSING:
- 3 tbsp. of raw organic almond butter (the CREAMMMMMY kind!);
- 3 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 2 tbsp. of seasoned organic rice wine vinegar;
- 1 tsp. of organic toasted sesame oil;
- 1 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar;
- 1/8 tsp. of sea salt;
- 1/8 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper!
With these quantities, even after seasoning the EFF out ‘dem salads, you will most probably have some leftover dressing… but I mean, ARE YOU COMPLAINING? Keep it in your fridge for like tomorrow… or well, FOR IN LIKE TEN MINUTES, to use a veggie dip while you snack before dins, DUH!!!!
NOW, TO WHIP THIS BABE UP... Here we go!!! WAIT ‘TILL YOU SEE HOW EASY IT IS!
- COMBINE ALL YOUR VEGGIES IN A LARGE METAL MIXING BOWL! Toss to combine!!!
- Combine all your dressing ingredients in a MEDIUM MIXING BOWL & WHISK THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM until FULLY COMBINED & SMOOTH-AF!
- NOW… the moment the BABY comes together… POUR THE BEAUTIFUL CREAMY NUTTY & SWEET DRESSING ALL OVER YOUR VEGGIE MIXTURE & toss to combine!!!! MAKE SURE ALL YOUR VEGGIES ARE EVENLY COATED et voilá!!!
- DEVOUR!!!! (Oh & garnish your babe with some freshly ground black pepper & SOME CHEEEEES,E if you wish!).
OH, & FOOD PORN!!!!
Enjoy lovebugs!!! <3 xoxo!