I hope you all had a beautiful Tuesday!!!
Here I am, back AGAIN with TODAY’S LUNCH GOALS!
This babe is a simple, quick & easy chicken salad that makes for the perfect protein & nutrient-packed meal that will keep you going ALL DAY LONG, LEGIT. Not only is she PACKED WITH ALL THAT GOODNESS, but, she is ALSO PHENOMENALLY DELISH!!!!!
In a nutshell, THINK: Spiced-AF roasted asparagus, spinach, juicy & crunchy cherry tomatoes, A.V.O.C.A.D.O. (<3 <3 <3 <3 <3), MAPLE-MUSTARD marinated chicken for dayz & a sesame garlic vinaigrette!!!!!
Oh, & please, don’t get me started about the vinaigrette. Oh well, I’m ALREADY going and we all know, ONCE I START, I CAN’T STOP. SORRY NOT SORRY. She’s tangy & zingy with just the right touch of sweet!
BASICALLY, THIS SALAD WILL GIVE YOU HAPPY FOOD CHILLS & IS LEGIT THE DEFINITION OF AN EXPLOSION IN YOUR MOUTH! (I MEAN, don’t you have the food chills just thinking about this babe? SAME!!).
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Oven-Roasted Asparagus, Avocado & Spinach Maple Mustard Chicken Salad with a Sesame Garlic Vinaigrette a.k.a. The-Perfect-Balance-Between-Tangy-Zesty-Zingy-&-Sweet-Oh-&-AVOCADO-OVER-EVERYTHING!
My loves, I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW PERFECT MY MAPLE MUSTARD CHICKEN GOES WITH THIS SALAD. Heck, this babe goes well with & on ANYTHING, NO JOKE. Like, I’ve already used her in like three recipes & she has NEVER EVER disappointed me, NOPE, NOT ONCE!
OH, & the asparagus… I ranted about her in my previous post, BUT I’LL DO IT AGAIN… All I gotta say is THAT ROAST THOUGH!!!! The spice combination is so beautiful; it’s insane. SHE WILL BASICALLY BRIGHTEN, LIGHTEN & BRING ANY DISH FROM 0 TO 100 REAL QUICK.
& well AVOCADO. What is there to say about avocado, besides that she is EVERYTHING?!?!?! Nothing. Nothing at all. I THINK BEING EVERYTHING IS THE ULTIMATE, you? I seriously do not have an inch of a clue in the world how I EVER GAVE UP AVOCADO (I mean, I defs. know why I did…. AVOCADO = GOOD-FOR-YOU FATS & I was SCARED-SH*TLESS-AF of those until RECOVERY MODE ON), but I must have had a heck of a lot of willpower to give her up because right now… IT’S LEGIT AN “AVOCADO OVER EVERYTHING” SITCH FOR ME.
AND SPINACH. SPINACH IS SPINACH. I LOVE SPINACH. SPINACH IS MY BAE. I DO NOT BETRAY HIM. WE TIGHT.
As you can see, each and every single one of the ingredients in this baby is special for a different reason & well, when all this beautifulness is combined, YOU GET THE MOST PERFECT SALAD EVER. I’m not even kidding. Don’t believe me? LET’S GET TO THE NITTY GRITTY SO YOU CAN TRY HER REAL QUICK, then, let’s reassess, okay? Here we go!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE SALAD:
- 250g of my Maple Mustard Chicken Strips, DICED (RECIPE HERE);
- 200g of my Oven-Roasted Asparagus, CHOPPED (If you’re not into asparagus, feel free to whip up the recipe with zucchini, sweet potato or regular potatoes!) (RECIPE HERE);
- 150g of cherry tomatoes, HALVED;
- 1 large avocado (or two small ones!), CUBED;
- 250g of spinach;
- Freshly ground black pepper for garnish!
- OPTIONAL: Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast for garnish!
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup of canola oil (or peanut/safflower oil – basically, a mild-tasting oil!);
- 3 tsp. of dried minced garlic;
- 3 tbsp. of LOW-SODIUM gluten-free soy sauce or Tamari;
- 2 tbsp. of water;
- 2 tbsp. of organic SEASONED OR UNSEASONED rice vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of raw organic honey;
- 2 tbsp. of organic toasted sesame oil;
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger;
- A SPLASH of freshly squeezed lime juice!
KAY, so if you are still standing, ergo, STILL ALIVE, after reading this beautiful ingredients list, I’m about to tell you all about HOW TO WHIP THIS BABY UP!!! LET ME EXPLAIN!! (EASY AS 1-2-3, literally!!!!)
- Add all your beautiful veggies & chicken to a LARGE metal mixing bowl & toss to combine!
- Puree all the beautz dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth-AF. Taste and adjust to fit your preferences
- P.S. If you don’t have a food processor or you are simply too lazy to take it out from the back of your pantry, I UNDERSTAND. You can simply whisk together all the ingredients, BUT LIKE REALLY FREAKING WHISK ‘EM or add them all to an airtight container, a.k.a. A MASON JAR & do a little dance in your kitch to blend the eff out of ‘em until combined!)
- POUR YOUR BEAUTZ dressing all over your veggies & chicken mixture & TOSS AGAIN TO COAT ALL THIS WONDERFULNESS IN THE DRESSING. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS EVENLY COATED. WE DON’T WANT ANY ENVY HERE, KAY?
- PLATE THE BABE. Garnish her with some freshly ground black pepper & some CHEEEESE (if adding) & DEVOUR!!!!
FOOD PORN, ANYONE?!?!
Enjoy babies!!! <3 xoxo!