Clean-Eating Maple & Spiced-AF Sweet Potato Mash a.k.a. That-Puffy-Fluffy-Creamy-Wonderfulness-That-Will-Have-You-On-A-Cloud-Bye-I’ll-Miss-You!
<3 <3 <3
HAPPY WEDNESDAY, A.K.A. HAPPY-MID-WEEK!!!
As you all know (since I’ve ranted about it like 402840242 times), I love Wednesdays because they are a REMINDER that we are getting CLOSER to the weekend! Basically, Wednesdays mean that we made it through half the week, ALIVE. We rock! AND, not only did we make it out alive…. BUT, WE STAYED ALIVE & KEPT OUR TUMMIES HAPPY WITH DELISH, CLEAN & HEALTHY FOOD! Gotta love ‘dat two birds, one stone mentality. KILLING IT!
And, IN THE SPIRIT OF KEEPING OUR TUMMIES HAPPY, here’s the second SITCH I WHIPPED UP IN MY KITCH THIS MORNING… & well, she’s NONE OTHER THAN CLEAN-EATING MAPLE SPICED-AF SWEET POTATO MASH!
SPEECHLESS. Literally. RENDERED SPEECHLESS. Bye!
Wait. No. Not bye. Admit you got scared there for a second. Like, you thought I was going to LEAVE YOU HANGING EVEN LONGER. No, lovies, I would never do that to you. I simply love you too much. I’m not leaving. I’m still here to rant away about this beautiful creamy MASH. You’d rather that, right? Kay, thought so!
Ladies & gents, this is my Clean-Eating Maple & Spiced-AF Sweet Potato Mash a.k.a. That-Puffy-Fluffy-Creamy-Wonderfulness-That-Will-Have-You-On-A-Cloud-Bye-I’ll-Miss-You!
ANYWHO, before we get into the nitty-gritty, I just want to talk to you munchkins ABOUT THE SPICES IN THIS SMOOTH-AF HEAVEN. I’m talkin’ cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, dried minced garlic (YES, KELLY IN THE KITCH LOVES GARLIC, if you haven’t already noticed), sea salt, freshly ground black pepper & dried parsley flakes!!!!!
OH &, ASIDE FROM ALL ‘DEM SPICES, think of this beautiful combination: MAPLE SYRUP. OLIVE OIL. ORANGE JUICE, YES, ORANGE JUICE (CITRUSY, FTW!) & of course, none other than apple cider vinegar!!!! My loves, the balance between the natural sweetness of the maple syrup & the citrusy-tanginess of the orange juice is a HEAVENLY MIRACLE. I know I probably sound cray-cray, pouring orange juice into my sweet potato mash, BUT IF YOU JUST TRUST ME, you will listen, try her, devour her & then, UNDERSTAND WHY I THREW IN ‘DAT CITRUS. Give me one chance, kay? And if you absolutely hate it, YOU NEVER HAVE TO TRUST ME AGAIN. (I know you’ll LOVE IT, ADORE IT & OBSESS OVER IT, so I’m willing to take that chance!!).
P.S. Sweet potato is ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE FOODS (like avocados) that I don’t know HOW I GAVE UP. Ever. EITHER WAY, I totally fell back in love with her again & now, there’s no turning back. It’s me + SWEET POTATO FOR LIFE. Okay?
Well rather, if you want me to be SUPA-DUPA HONEST, it’s a threesome…
ME + SWEET POTATO + AVOCADO FOR LIFE <3
(They’re both creamy & delicious-AF so I think they’ll get along quite nicely, you?).
Anywho lovies, IT’S TIME FOR THAT NITTY-GRITTY. HERE WE GO!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 LARGE-AF sweet potatoes;
- 4 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 1 tbsp. of raw organic apple-cider vinegar;
- 1-2 tbsp. of organic orange juice (I know it sounds weird, but trust me when I say, it ain’t & YOU NEED IT. Don’t skimp on it, please!!! It’s all about stepping outta ‘dat comfort zone of yours!);
- 1-2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 tsp. of onion powder;
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- 1 tsp. of dried minced onion;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin;
- ½ tsp. of chilli powder;
- ¾ tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- A PINCH OF CINNAMON OR NUTMEG!
That’s it, babies!!!!!
NOW, HOW TO MAKE THIS CREAMY, SMOOTH, VELVETY, RICH, INDULGENT, BEAUTIFUL, SOFT & TENDER (oh & every other synonym for these words) MASH? Let me explain!!!! Wait until you see how simple & easy it is. You pretty much have like ZERO WORK TO DO. I need to stop giving you munchkins excuses to be lazy!!!! (Wait… No I don’t. You love me for that & it would break my heart to lose your love, so CAN’T STOP, WON’T STOP! DON’T PANIC, BABIES. Kelly in the Kitch is still here to make your lives easier. ALWAYS!).
- Preheat your oven to 375F;
- Scrub your sweet potatoes (LIKE SCRUB THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM), prick ‘em a few times with a fork and then wrap ‘em individually in aluminum foil! BAKE THE BAKES FOR ABOUT 1 HOUR, UNTIL COOKED THROUGH (I found that I needed to add another 10 minutes, but it really all depends on your oven, lovies! So check on them after the first hour & then YOU BE THE JUDGE! IT’S FUN BEING A JUDGE EVERY NOW & THEN, EH? I know!)
- Remove the babes from the oven, allow ‘em to cool slightly & then, remove the skins (BASICALLY, LET THEM COOL UNTIL YOU DON’T BURN YOUR FINGERS OFF WHEN YOU TOUCH ‘EM). Wouldn’t want you munchkins getting burnt!!! I mean, the mash is kind of worth the burn, YA KNOW? BUT MIGHT AS WELL AVOID IT, IF POSSIBLE!!
- Once peeled, mash up the potatoes in the palms of your hands a bit, LIKE ESSENTIALLY, BREAK ‘EM APART & THEN TRANSFER THE BABES TO THE BOWL OF YOUR FOOD PROCESSOR! Add the maple syrup, apple-cider vinegar, orange juice, olive oil & allllll ‘dem spices!!!!!!!
- PULSE THE EFF OUT OF THIS BEAUTIFUL RAINBOW-AF COMBINATION for about 1-2 minutes until SMOOTH & CREAMY & VELVETY & RICH & WOAH. Dead. You?
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!
Enjoy my loves!!
<3 <3 <3