Kelly’s Clean-Eating Homemade Caramelized Apple & Grape Cinnamon-Spiced Jam a.k.a. That-Chunky-Jam-That’s-Lookin’-Pretty-Fly-On-My-Sprouted-Toast-Oh-&-Partay-in-Mah-Mouth!
HELLO, yes, AGAIN!!!!
Unfortunately… it’s almost midnight & that means… the long weekend is offish over. OH WELL. Nothing we can do, right? WELL… THERE IS SOMETHING… YOU CAN WHIP UP THIS BEAUTIFUL CARAMELIZED HOMEMADE JAM I’M ABOUT TO REVEAL… & well maybe, just maybe, you will get over the fact that another workweek starts TOMORROW. I swear, she can make you THAT happy.
I don’t wanna sound like the “JAM SNOB” or anything, BUT EVER SINCE I STARTED MAKING MY OWN JAM, I LEGIT DON’T THINK I COULD EVER & I MEAN, EVER, GO BACK TO THE STORE-BOUGHT STUFF. I mean, it’s insane how easy, YET HOW FREAKING DELISH, homemade jam is, NOT TO MENTION, it’s the perf way to use up any extra frit you have sitting in your fridge looking pretty. Might as well have that fruit LOOKIN’ PRETTY LATHERED ON YOUR SPROUTED TOAST, RIGHT? Ya feel me? I know you do!!! OKAY, anywho, this is my CARAMELIZED APPLE & GRAPE CINNAMON-SPICED JAM!
Ladies & gents, I present you with Kelly’s Clean-Eating Homemade Caramelized Apple & Grape Cinnamon-Spiced Jam a.k.a. That-Chunky-Jam-That’s-Lookin’-Pretty-Fly-On-My-Sprouted-Toast-Oh-&-Partay-in-Mah-Mouth!
If only I could put the smell in my kitch while this babe was cookin’ into words… I MEAN, REALLY, THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF TO DESCRIBE THIS BABY IS… HEAVENLY! You have no idea how excited I am for breaky already!!! IT’S ALMOST BEDTIME, SO I’M PARTYIN’ IT UP IN ANTICIPATION OF TOMORROW MORNING & BY PARTYING, I MEAN FANTASIZING ABOUT THE PARTY THAT’S ABOUT TO GO DOWN IN MAH MOUTH WITH THIS BABE OF A JAM!
Anywho lovies, ENOUGH RANTING. Seriously, I’ve been on a freaking ranting roll. I hope you guys still LOVE MOI. Please say yes! Somebody? Anybody? Please!
OKAY, TIME FOR ‘DAT NITTY-GRITTY!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 apples, any kind, ROUGHLY CHOPPED! (Preferably, whatever is going bad in your fridge, USE IT STAT!!! Honestly, homemade jam is the BEST WAY to get rid of those fruits that you’ll most probably end up throwing in a few days – so, CLEAN OUT ‘DEM FRUIT DRAWERS!);
- 2 cups of red or green grapes, HALVED! (AGAIN, whatever you munchkins have in your fridge, USE IT!);
- 4 tbsp. of freshly-squeezed lemon juice;
- 1/3 cup of water & more (if necessary!).
- 4 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (If you munchkins prefer a stickier consistency jam, use honey instead! Sub for the same amount, a.k.a. 4 tbsp.);
- ½ tsp. of ground cinnamon! (YUMMMMMMY!)
YEP, that’s it. That’s all. This is what I mean when I say I DON’T THINK I CAN EVER BUY STORE-BOUGHT JAM AGAIN. Like, you will NEVER find store-bought jam that is THIS CLEAN, THIS HEALTHY & THIS RAW. And if you do, please tell me where you found that miracle & EVEN IF YOU DO, based on how freaking YUMMY THIS STUFF IS, I still don’t think I’d buy it OVER MY HOMEMADE STUFF!!!
NOW, to whip this baby up?!? IT’S SOOOO EASY. Basically, you can just chill in your kitch, checking on the babe every now & then, giving her an occasional stir, sometimes adding water & then, GOING BACK TO CHILL. How f-awesome? Then, before you know it, you have beautz caramelized jam & all you did was chill. #winning. SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, RIGHT? Let me explain!
- Add your fruit, 4 tbsp. of lemon juice & 1/3 cup of water to a MEDIUM pot & bring to a boil!
- Once SIMMERING-AF, a.k.a., once boiled, lower the heat to MEDIUM-LOW & ADD YOUR MAPLE SYRUP & CINNAMON. Stir to combine! NOW, IT’S TIME FOR ‘DA BABES TO GET CARAMELIZED-AF!!!!
- LOWER your heat to LOW & let the fruit cook for about 20-25 minutes, checking on it every now & then, stirring occasionally! If you see that the fruit is BURNING or STICKING TOO MUCH TO THE BOTTOM OF THE POT, add in some ‘mo maple syrup or water (If you’re looking for a sweeter jam, opt for maple syrup over water, because keep in mind that if you add more water, you’re diluting ‘dat sweetness from your maple syrup!)
- Once the fruit are VERY SOFT (a.k.a. by the looks of them, you will be able to MASH THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM WITH A FORK), remove the pot from the heat & transfer your fruit to a bowl. MASH THE EFF OUT OF ‘DA FRUIT until you obtain a jam-like consistency, BUT MAKE SURE TO LEAVE A FEW CHUNKS OF FRUIT HERE & THERE! It makes for a heartier, yummier & better-textured jam in my opinion! (If you’re looking for more of a spread-like texture, you can actually transfer your fruit to a blender once you remove it from the heat & PURÉE THE EFF OUT OF IT UNTIL YOU OBTAIN YOUR DESIRED SPREAD TEXTURE!)
- Once mashed/blended, let your jam cool before transferring her to an airtight container & storing in your refrigerator (Babies, keep in mind that this jam contains ZEROOOO PRESERVATIVES. SHE IS NOTHING LIKE STORE-BOUGHT JAM THAT YOU CAN KEEP IN YOUR PANTRY FOR WEEKS. You MUST, MUST, MUST refrigerate her! Got it?).
- DEVOUR!!! & by devour, I mean… SMOTHER HER ALL OVER ‘DEM SPROUTED TOASTS FOR THE PERFECT SIDE WITH YOUR BREAKY!
Enjoy lovies!!! Xoxo <3
OH, & HI! HOW CUTE IS THIS FILTER? BYE!