Back again with TONIGHT’S DINNER GOALS, that I FREAKING devoured in case you were wondering (BUT, did you really underestimate me? LAWLZ , don’t forget, I AM MISS PIGGY).
THIS IS MY THAI PEANUT CHICKEN BUDDHA BOWL! I SIMPLY HAVE NO WORDS, my loves. Except for, TRY HER. TASTE HER. DEVOUR HER. ENJOY HER. You will not regret it, FOR A SECOND.
She is packed with protein, good-for-you-fats, loaded with fresh nutrient & vitamin-packed veggies & DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED ABOUT THAT HOMEMADE PEANUT SAUCE… like seriously, I am a total sucker for it… I could eat it with a freaking spoon (AND WELL, I MUST CONFESS THAT I MIGHT HAVE DONE JUST THAT! OOOOPS. Sorry not sorry!).
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Gluten-Free Clean-AF Thai Peanut Chicken Buddha Bowl a.k.a. The-Definition-of-Going-From-Zero-to-100-Real-Quick-Oh-&-Peanut-Sauce-ALWAYS!
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of this BEAUTY, I just want to tell you munchkins (I mean, RANT) about how much &
WHY I LOVE (RATHER, WHY I AM FREAKING OBSESSED WITH) BUDDHA BOWLS! Basically, a Buddha bowl is A HEALTHY-AF BOWL FILLED WITH A GRAIN (rice, noodles or quinoa), RAW & COOKED VEGGIES for some crunch & some roast & topped with a CLEAN & HEALTHY SAUCE/DIP. OH, & OF COURSE, GARNISHED WITH SOME FORM OF GOOD-FOR-YOU-FATS, usually nuts or seeds! BASICALLY, THAT’S REASON NUMBER ONE. I MEAN… THE DESCRIPTION OF WHAT A BUDDHA BOWL IS REALLY DOES SPEAK FOR ITSELF!
Aside from being AN EFFIN’ AWESOME ONE-BOWL MEAL, Buddha bowls are the perfect fun way to play around with different healthy options in the kitch without eating the same thing over & over again! Basically, the flavor combinations are ENDLESS!!!!
THESE BABES, OOPS I MEAN, BOWLS, are also the perfect way to make sure you’re getting a meal packed with all your essentials – PROTEINS, GOOD-FOR-YOU FATS & CARBS! Not to mention, they are freaking beautiful-colorful-rainbows-that-will-have-your-eyes-spinning-back-&-forth-ahhhhhh!
P.S. This recipe is SUPER-DUPER-UBER-QUICK TO WHIP UP, IF & ONLY IF, you have a fresh batch of my chicken & butternut squash MEAL-PREPPED in your fridge. If not, this baby will take SLIGHTLY MORE TIME, but you can defs. multitask so you won’t feel the time go by & you’ll actually have a great time whipping up all these recipes! BUT, for super-duper quick prep, try to make it a habit to meal prep some essentials on Sundays (OR LONG WEEKEND MONDAYZ) so that your dins come together in legit, MINUTES!
ANYWHO, I think I’ve made my point. BUDDHA BOWLS ARE F-AWESOME & THIS ONE… WELL, SHE WENT FROM ZERO TO 100 REAL QUICK. Wait until you see the ingredients list… then you’ll know EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN, MUNCHKINS! Y’all ready? HERE WE GO!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED (P.S. These ingredients will give you JUST ABOUT ENOUGH FOR TWO BUDDHA BOWLS Á-LA-KELLY-IN-THE-KITCH, a.k.a. GENEROUS-AF PORTIONS!):
FOR THE BUDDHA BOWL:
- Soba, rice or gluten-free noodles/pasta of your choosing! (If you’re more into rice or quinoa, you can totally sub the noodles/pasta for one of the two!);
- 300g of my Maple Mustard Balsamic Chicken Breast (RECIPE HERE);
- 200g of my Roasted Butternut Squash (RECIPE HERE) (Sweet potato works here too! Either combine a bit of both or sub the squash for the potato!);
- 1 avocado, SLICED;
- 150g of shredded carrot;
- 120g of Brussels sprouts, CHOPPED & SHREDDED-AF;
- 1 cup of cilantro, CHOPPED;
- ½ cup of unsalted organic roasted peanuts!!!
- OPTIONAL: Freshly ground black pepper or red pepper chili flakes/Sriracha for some spice!!
FOR THE SAUCE:
- ¼ cup of CREAMY raw organic peanut butter;
- ¼ cup of organic unseasoned rice vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of organic toasted sesame oil;
- 2 tsp. of raw organic honey;
- 1 ½ tbsp. of raw organic apple cider vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of organic LOW-SODIUM soy sauce or Tamari;
- 3 tbsp. of lime juice;
- 1 tsp. of dried minced garlic;
- 1 tsp. of onion powder;
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- ¼ tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ¼ – ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- ¼ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt.
KAY, but are you NOT DYING at the sight of this ingredients list, not only the ingredients for the bowl, BUT OMG, THE ONES FOR THE SAUCE???… Guys, the flavor combo is INSANE, NUTS, CRAY-CRAY, WOAH!!! Cannot wait for you munchkins to try her… & soon after, you will no longer be taking just a taste, YOU WILL BE SPOONING HER. THAT IS JUST HOW GOOD SHE IS. I SWEAR!
OKAY, enough ranting. Now, LET ME TELL YOU HOW TO WHIP THIS BABE OF A BOWL UP! SO EFFIN’ SIMPLE, YOU’LL BE BACK FOR SOME ‘MO IN NO TIME! Here we go babes!
- Cook/boil your noodles/rice/quinoa/pasta according to package directions!
- While your noodles/rice/quinoa/pasta is boiling/cooking, prepare the PEANUT SAUCE by combining all of the ingredients in a MEDIUM METAL MIXING BOWL & whisk the eff out of ‘em until they are fully combined! IT’S ALL ABOUT ‘DAT MULTITASKING!
- If you haven’t already done so, PREP THE MAPLE MUSTARD CHICKEN & THE ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH ACCORDING TO THE RECIPES (Links are posted above!);
- Once your CARB is ready, BEGIN PLATING! Place the noodles/rice/quinoa or pasta on the bottom of your bowl & flatten it out so that it covers the full surface of the bowl!
- NOW, THE MOMENT YOUR BOWL OF BLAND CARBS TURNS INTO A BEAUTIFUL-AF RAINBOW… TOP ‘DAT CARB WITH your chicken, butternut squash, avocet, shredded carrot, Brussels sprouts, cilantro & peanuts!
- SERVE THE BABE WITH A SIDE OF THE PEANUT SAUCE & THEN, DRIZZZZZLE HER ALL OVA’ ‘DA PLACE!
- Top your BUDDHA BOWL with some extra freshly ground pepper or red pepper chili flakes/Sriracha for some spice!!!!
P.S. If you’re the type to like NEVER KNOW WHAT TO TAKE TO WORK WITH YOU FOR LUNCH, I TOTZ. suggest doubling this recipe, which will give you a total of FOUR JAM-PACKED DELICIOUS BOWLS! You can literally prepare everything in a sealed container, take the sauce with you on the side & all you gotta do is DRIZZLE HER WHEN YOU’RE READY TO DEVOUR! ET VOILÁ, you have a perfectly-perfect PROTEIN-PACKED, CLEAN & HEALTHY homemade lunch & you know what that means … NO FOOD COURT FOR YOU! #WINNING!
OH, & FOOD PORN!!!!
Enjoy my loves!!! <3 <3 xoxo!