Rise & shine! I hope it ain’t too hard for you munchkins to get outta bed today, ya know, since you’re just recovering from a long weekend & all… BUT, I’VE GOT THE PERFECT MORNING BLEND TO HELP WITH THAT… SHE’LL GET YOU OUT OF BED IN A JIFFY. DON’T BELIEVE ME? LISTEN UP.
Boom BAM boom; chocolatey (AVOCADO) goodness!!! Babies, this morning I wake you with an ultra-luxurious creamy-AF CHOCOLATE AVOCADO SHAKE that is actually good-for-you! I mean, there’s half an (OR A WHOLE) avocado in there!!! EAT YO GREENS? YES, PLEASE! HELLO HEALTH BENEFITS! (Oh & if you’re not the BIGGEST FAN of avocados, DO. NOT. STOP. HERE. – Trust me when I tell you that you HARDLY taste the avocado!!!!).
And I won’t lie, a few months ago, I was totally sceptical of this whole AVOCADO + SWEETS, AVOCADO + BAKING, AVOCADO + CACAO thing. I thought those people eating avocado pudding & making avocado smoothies were a little cray-cray, TO PUT IT QUITE NICELY, but NOW I KNOW, they had just seen the light before I had… NO JOKE! AVOCADOS IN SMOOTHIES & DESSERTS JUST WORKS. HECK, AVOCADOS IN & ON EVERYTHING WORKS WONDERS. IT’S MAGICAL. If you haven’t tried it, this baby could be your first-timer! C’mon, take a chance. Step out of ‘dat comfort zone. DO IT! You’ll never go back. Swear!!!!!
Not only is the BABE packed with HEALTH BENEFITS, but also, she’s gluten-free & can even be vegan & dairy-free with a couple slight modifications!!!!
Pretty awesome so far, right? I know!!!!!
As you all know, I had been making LOTS OF SMOOTHIES lately & most of the time, with frozen berries (I am not hating on berries. I love berries, BUT I MEAN AVOCADOS!!!!!). BASICALLY, berries are cheap & a quick and easy way to get in a few servings of fruit. BUT, YOU GET SICK OF THOSE SMOOTHIES AFTER A WHILE, trust me. So, you put your mind to work & come up with a lil’ something different, healthier & more creative… YOU WANT SOMETHING CHOCOLATEY. WITH BANANA. & THEN, AN IDEA POPS INTO YOUR BEAUTIFUL MIND… and this baby is born!!!!!
Ladies & gents, this is my Creamy, Smooth & Velvety-AF Chocolate AVOCADO Shake a.k.a. This-Babe-Will-Get-You-Outta-Bed-In-A-Jiffy-Oh-&-She’s-The-Definition-of-Morning-Fuel!
OKAY, so she may not replace a hot fudge, peanut butter banana shake. BUT, SHE DEFS SATISFIES THAT ICE COLD, UBER CREAMY SUPER CHOCOLATEY SHAKE OF YOUR CHILDHOOD DAYS. And, it just so happens that she’s made with wholesome-AF ingredients. I’m talkin’ AVOCADO (DUH!), almond milk, bananas, dates, raw cacao powder, raw almond butter, golden flaxseed, Greek yogurt & pure organic vanilla extract!!!!!! Basically, this is a shake ANYONE’S SYSTEM CAN JIVE WITH & EVEN THRIVE ON, not to mention she’s super quick & simple to whip up. BASICALLY, what I’m trying to say is she is the PERF MORNING BLEND & ONCE YOU GO KELLY’S CHOCOLATE AVOCADO SHAKE, you will NEVER GO BACK TO THEM BORING OLD BERRY SMOOTHIES. Try me!!!!!!!
OH & if all of this wasn’t enough, the babe is ESSENTIALLY A PUDDING. ACTUALLY, if you really want chocolate avocado pudding, you can legit leave out the almond milk & there you have it!
ANYWHO LOVIES, all this to say that this babe will make you feel like you are LEGIT DEVOURING DESSERT WHEN IN REALITY, YOU’RE DRINKIN’ SOMETHING COMPLETELY GUILT-FREE, PACKED WITH HEALTH BENEFITS, GOOD-FOR-YOU FATS & LOADED WITH VITAMINS & NUTRIENTS. Basically, she is the perfect morning fuel.
NOW, SINCE I WANT Y’ALL TO FUEL UP THIS MORNING & YOU’VE STILL GOT TIME BEFORE THE CLOCK HITS BREAKY (For some, anyway!), LET ME TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO WHIP THIS BABE UP. Wait for it… you’re about to melt. Legit, melt.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- ½ a large avocado or 1 whole small/medium avocado (You can even use an OVERRIPE one because guess what? IT DON’T MATTER WHAT SHE LOOK LIKE, SHE’S GETTIN’ BLENDED-AF ANYWAY!);
- 1 medium RIPE banana, CHOPPED;
- ¼ cup of organic unsweetened almond milk (Feel free to add some more if you prefer a more liquid-y shake! I kept it at a ¼ cup because I wanted to preserve ‘dat creamy consistency!!!)
- 2 tbsp. of raw organic fair trade cacao powder;
- 2 raw organic dates, PITTED (If you’re not into dates, you can sub them for 1 tbsp. of raw organic honey!);
- ¼ cup of plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (2%);
- 1 heaping tbsp.. of raw organic SMOOOOOTH ALMOND BUTTER;
- 1 tbsp. of golden flaxseed;
- ½ tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- ¼ cup of ice (& more as needed!) – Start out small & then add if necessary because ONCE YOUR SMOOTHIE GOES WATERY, THERE’S NO GOING BACK BABIES!
MUNCHKINS, this is a shake/smoothie so I’m sure y’all know what to do. BUT, BUT, BUT, JUST IN CASE THIS IS YOUR 1ST EXPERIENCE (which I highly, highly, highly doubt!):
- All you gotta do is add all ‘dem GORG, CLEAN, HEALTHY (PERFECT) ingredients (except the ice) to your BLENDER & BLEND THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM UNTIL CREAMY, SMOOTH CONSISTENCY IS OBTAINED!
- Then, ADD ‘DAT ICE & BLEND AGAIN for 10-15 seconds!
- If you still find your shake TOO CREAMY (you’re insane), you can add in some ‘mo almond milk to thin it out a bit! BUT, I MEAN… THE GOAL HERE IS TO WHIP UP A CREAMY SHAKE… SO LIKE? Anywho, NOT JUDGING YOU, just tryna tell y’all that YOU SHOULD KEEP IT CREAMY!
- SERVE ‘DA BABE IMMEDIATELY. SIP UP. DEVOUR. (Or keep her covered in the fridge for up to one day… BUT LIKE, DRINK HER FRESH, IT’S BETTER, SWEAR!). PLUS, you won’t be able to resist staring at her every time you open your fridge anyways. She’ll LEGIT be in your face BEGGING YOU TO DRINK HER STAT.
What you can do though, is DOUBLE YOUR RECIPE & save some for tomorrow morning… NOW, THAT’S NOT A BAD IDEA, IS IT? TWO BIRDS ONE STONE. You get to have her NOW, but you ALSO get to have her TOMORROW!!! #WINNING. What more can you ask for, right?
OH, OF COURSE, FOOD PORN!!!
Enjoy babes!!! Xoxo! <3