So, I’m sad to report that the long weekend is unfortunately ALMOST OVER. BUT, I have a little something to make the very last bit of it HAPPPPPPY-AF (In fact, not only will this babe make your end-of-long-weekend happy, but it will also & MOST IMPORTANTLY, make your TUMMY HAPPY!). Get excited. I know you are. & I hear that tummy rumbling!!!!!
Tonight, I have a freaking DELICIOUS CREAMY (& SLIGHTLY SWEET) SOUP FOR YOU BABIES! AND LET ME TELL YOU, YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON HER. So… KEEP READING! BTW, she is basically THE BEAUTIFUL RESULT OF ME HAVING WAY TOOOOO MANY APPLES & WAY TOO MUCH CAULI IN MY FRIDGE (NO-WASTE POLICY IN FULL FLEDGE, AS ALWAYS!) & well, based on how yummy she tastes, I’m thankin’ my lucky stars that I bought too much of these babes!
OKAY munchkins, so I know that combining cauliflower, apples & curry might seem ODD, but it’s actually a MAGICAL FLAVOUR COMBINATION: the mild nuttiness of the cauliflower, tart sweetness & aromatic heat of the curry blend together into a wonderfully creamy, seductive, rich, fragrant & DELISH soup! I SWEAR BABIES – She’s absolutely-positively PERFECT! I know, I’m totz making you step outta your comfort zone RN, but trust me, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Healthy-AF Smooth & Creamy Curried Cauliflower & Apple Soup a.k.a. That-Magical-Flavour-Combo-You-Would’ve-Never-Thought-Of-But-Fell-In-Love-With-Instantly!
THINK: EVOO, sautéed onions, garlic for dayz, curry powder, cinnamon, CAULI, SWEET-AF APPLE, veggie broth, sea salt & peppa, MAPLE SYRUP (OBVS!!!) & none other than my babe, ALMOND MILK. Guys… you have no freaking idea what’s coming for you!!! KEEP READING!!!
And if those ingredients are not enough to have you going cray-cray RN, maybe the simplicity & ease with which this babe could be YOURS, ALLLLL YOURS, will help convince you. Basically, all you gotta do is cook ‘dem onions & minced garlic in olive oil (AND YOU DON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT CHOPPING ‘DEM ONIONS UNIFORMLY BECAUSE THEY GOING IN ‘DAT BLENDER ANYWAY). Then… YOU ADD ‘DAT CURRY & CINNAMON (and take this wonderfulness to a whole new level of PERFECTLY-PERFECT WONDERFULNESS). Obvs. you gotta cook ‘dem spices with the onion & garlic & then you add in allllll ‘dem other beautz ingredients, EXCEPT THE MAPLE SYRUP & ALMOND MILK (We’ll save those delish babes for later!).
And then, it’s basically just a waiting game! You wait for the cauli to get tender, then you BLEND THE EFF OUTTA THE SOUP UNTIL SHE’S SMOOTH & CREAMY… and then you return her to the pot, ADD ‘DAT MAPLE SYRUP & ALMOND MILK (Do not leave out the almond milk… it mellows ‘dem spices & makes the soup supa-dupa-ultra-über silky! PLUS, HOW COULD ONE RESIST ALMOND MILK?). & THEN, YOU BECOME A TASTE TESTER. You taste the babe & adjust the seasonings to your liking! You might need to some ‘mo salt if you’re a “salty” person, OR IF YOU ARE INTO ‘DEM SWEETS & HAVE A SWEET TOOTH FOR DAYZ, LIKE MOI, then you may want to add a splash, or two, or three more of MAPLE SYRUP! I told you munchkins she was simple – I MEAN, THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME IS YOU WAITING AROUND, AS YOUR KITCH SMELLS MORE & MORE LIKE HEAVEN & just taking in ‘dat smell, fantasizing & dreaming & CHILLIN’ THE EFF OUT. Legit, no?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 medium yellow onion, ROUGHLY CHOPPED;
- 2-3 tsp. of dried minced onion;
- 2 tsp. of curry powder;
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon;
- 1 head of cauliflower (usually 2.5-3 lbs.), CUT INTO SMALL FLORETS;
- 1 apple (I used Gala, but you can use any kind, really! The sweeter, the better!!!), ROUGHLY CHOPPED;
- 6 cups of low-sodium veggie broth! (If you rather use chicken or beef broth, go for it lovies! Totally up to you!);
- ½ tsp. of sea salt;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup, PLUS MORE IF YOU FEEL IT AIN’T SWEET ENOUGH ONCE YOU TASTE-TEST!
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened organic almond milk (or regular milk, if you prefer!).
OKAY… HOW CLEAN ARE THESE INGREDIENTS? I legit CANNOT STOP IMPRESSING MYSELF. Everyday, I am discovering new ways to incorporate clean & healthy ingredients into my recipes, without feeling an ounce of deprivation, LITERALLY! It’s amazing what you can accomplish with the right flava combinations! I HOPE YOU MUNCHKINS FEEL ME. If you’ve been trying out some of my recipes, y’all know what I mean. If not, THIS IS YOUR CUE!
& NOW, FOR THAT MOMENT WHERE I LIST ‘DAT STEP BY STEP, ‘cause, let’s be honest, we all need it when it’s the first time whipping up something we’ve NEVER done before! Ya feel me? Here we go!!!!
- Heat your olive oil in a LARGE soup pot over MEDIUM heat. Add ‘dem onions & minced garlic & COOK, stirring occasionally, until softened! Usually, this takes about 4 minutes!
- THEN, add ‘dat curry powder & cinnamon & cook for a few more minutes!
- NOW, add your cauli, apple, veggie broth, salt & peppppppa. & BRING ALL THIS WONDERFULNESS TO A BOIL. Once boiled, turn down ‘dat heat to a simmmmmer! Cover your pot & cook for about 20 minutes or until the cauli is tender (BASICALLY, set your timer to 20 minutes & then check on her every now & then… YES, THIS SOUP REQIIRES EFFORT & FOCUS. SORRY NOT SORRY. She’s worth it!).
- NOW, once ‘dat cauli is TENDER-AF, purée ‘da soup in yo BLENDER (OR FOOD PROCESSOR) until it’s completely smooth & creamy! Once you reach that perf consistency, pour your beautz soup (& taste her obvs!!!!) back into your soup pot (BE CAREFUL, SHE’S HAWT-AF, in more ways than one!!!) & set your fire to LOW.
- ADD IN ‘DA MAPLE SYRUP & ALMOND MILK (or regular milk). BRING ‘DAT SOUP TO A SIMMER & then taste her and adjust the seasoning with more salt, pepper or maple syrup! (For a sweeter soup, you’ll need to add about 2-3 tbsp. more maple syrup!).
- & NOWWWW: DEVOUR!!!! (& DRIZZLE HER WITH A BIT MORE CINNAMON OR CURRY POWDER, OR BOTH! Why not?!?)
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!!
Enjoy lovies!!! <3 <3