Hi babies!!! <3
Back again, WITH TONIGHT’S DINNER GOALS (You must be getting used to this by now, no?).
In case you have not noticed, one of my all time FAVE combinations for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, is sautéed veggies + goat cheese + SUNNY-SIDE UP EGGS!!!! (NEED I MENTION that they must be PERFECTLY COOKED?). It’s one of those BOWLS that always turns out full of flavour & not to mention, FREAKING loaded with nutrition.
Thanks to MY LOVE FOR THE INHERENT SWEETNESS FOUND IN BUTTERNUT SQUASH, paired with the savoury flavours of the goat cheese, SMOKED PAPRIKA, TURMERIC & CUMIN, I knew this Butternut Squash, Kale, Mushroom & EGG Bowl would be a WINNER. & SHE IS… without a freaking doubt!!!!!
OHHHH, & while we’re talking about favourite pairings, we should quickly talk about the seasonings in this dish. I’ve come to love, love, love, IN FACT, FREAKING ADORE, combining smoked paprika, turmeric, black pepper, and a little chipotle chilli powder or cumin, especially when it comes to roasted vegetables and eggs. OKAY, I’m done ranting. Wait, no I’m not… I’m never done RANTING. NEVER. EVER. EVER.
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Sautéed Butternut Squash, Kale, Mushroom & Perfectly-Perfect Runny-AF Egg Bowl of Amazingness a.k.a. Jam-Packed-Eat-Yo-Greens-Comfort-Food-SANS-THE-GUILT!
Let me tell you a little bit more about this BEAUTIFUL-AF BOWL. ARE YOU D? Oh well, I’m already started & once I start, I CANNOT STOP. She’s freaking awesome for quite a number of reasons!!!!! I don’t even know where to begin!?!?
I mean… she’s JAM-PACKED-LOADED WITH FLAVOUR.
She’s REALLLLLY EASY, QUICK & SIMPLE TO WHIP UP!
She’s FREAKING CLEAN & HEALTHY.
SHE HAS A REALLY, REALLY HEARTY, COMFORTING TEXTURE (BASICALLY, SHE’S COMFORT FOOD, but the GUILT-FREE VERSION!)
She’s PACKED WITH PROTEIN & FIBRE, so she’s sure to MAKE YOUR TUMMY HAPPY (NOT TO MENTION, FULL-AF).
She satisfies ALL MY EAT YO GREENS REQUIREMENTS.
SHE’S JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF STARCHY (Thank you, Butternut Squash!)
I mean… GOAT CHEESE. NEED I SAY MORE?
I MEAN… A PERFECTLY-COOKED RUNNY EGG. Again, WHAT MORE CAN I SAY?
UHM… ‘dem spices!!!!!! The combination… lethal. BUT, IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE.
Are you convinced yet? If not… I HAVE ONE MORE THING TO SHARE THAT I KNOW WILL TAKE YOU OVER THE EDGE
KALE. KALE. KALE. KALE. KALE. KALE. KALE. KALE. & MORE EFFIN’ KALE!!!!!!
OKAY, now I know you are convinced. LIKE MOST DEFINITELY. ABSOLUTELY-POSITIVELY CONVINCED. & YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS… it means it’s finally time for that ingredients reveal!! You dig?
My loves, FOR TWO BIG-AF KELLY-IN-THE-KITCH STYLE BOWLS, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 ½ tbsp. of organic coconut oil or organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 3 tbsp. of organic (gluten-free) & LOW-SODIUM soy sauce or Tamari;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 4 cups (280-300g) of kale, SHREDDED-AF;
- 300g of my Best Ever Roasted Butternut Squash (RECIPE HERE);
- 120g of white mushrooms, THINLY SLICED;
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro;
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- 1 ½ tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. of ground turmeric;
- ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning!
- ¼ – ½ cup of Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast;
- 1 tbsp. of organic coconut oil or organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 (or 4 – depending on if you want each bowl to have one or two eggs!) eggs, PERFECTLY-COOKED;
- Seasoned with freshly ground black pepper, organic Himalayan sea salt & some dried parsley flakes!
- 100g of organic goat cheese;
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice & 1 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar for garnish! OH, & of course, some ‘mo freshly ground black pepper!! (DUH!).
- OPTIONAL: 1-2 tsp. of Sriracha for some spice!!!
ADMIT IT. YOU’RE ALREADY DROOLING (I MEAN YOU’VE BEEN DROOLING SINCE LIKE THE SECOND PARAGRAPH OF THIS POST, RIGHT?). But, now, you’re like really, really drooling, like INTENSELY SALIVATING. & out of fear that you do so all over our phone or laptop, I THINK IT’S TIME FOR ME TO TAKE CONTROL & STOP ‘DAT SALIVATING & THE ONLY WAY TO DO SO? TELL YOU MUNCHKINS HOW YOU CAN MAKE THIS BABE YOURS STAT. Here we go babes!!!
- FIRST THINGS FIRST, add your kale, butternut squash, mushrooms & cilantro to a LARGE metal mixing bowl! TOSS TO COMBINE!
- Now, once all your veggies are combined, YOU AREN’T DONE (obvs!!!). It’s time sauté the babes!!! Soooo… you know what that means! Heat a LARGE skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Once heated, throw in ‘da garlic & sauté until fragrant (GARLIC HEAVEN, FTW!).
- ONCE FRAGRANT, lower your heat to MEDIUM & add your BEAUTZ VEGGIE MIXTURE to the skillet. SEASON THIS BEAUTIFULNESS (A.K.A. MAKE IT EVEN MORE EFFING BEAUTZ – But, is that even possible?) with the smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, turmeric, black pepper, sea salt & nutritional yeast (or PARM/ROMANO). Tosssss the eff out of your veggies to coat ‘em EVENLY in all these beautiful fragrant savoury spices!
- Pour in ‘dat soy sauce!!! & SAUTÉ YOUR VEGGIES FOR 2-3 MINUTES until the kale begins to wilt slightly & your mushrooms begin to brown! Remove from the heat & plate your veggies!
- NOW, IT’S TIME TO COOK ‘DEM EGGS!!! Heat 1 tbsp. of organic coconut oil (or EVOO) in a skillet over MEDIUM heat. Once heated, lower your heat to MEDIUM-LOW & CAREFULLY CRACK ‘DEM EGGS!!! Let ‘em cook (WHILE YOU FOCUS-AF & WATCH ‘EM NON-STOP – no Netflix for you Glen Coco!!!!! NO MULTITASKING, OKAY?) for 2-3 minutes!!!!!! Basically, let ‘em cook until the whites are opaque & have set, the edges begin to brown, BUT THE YOLKS ARE STILLL RUNNY!!!! SEASON THE BABES with some sea salt, freshly ground black pepper & dried parsley!
- Once cooked, top EACH BOWL of beautiful sautéed veggies with 1 or 2 eggs (TOTZ. UP TO YOU BABIES!) & GARNISH THE BOWLS WITH LOADS OF GOAT CHEEEEEESE, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar & SOME ‘MO freshly ground black pepper (OH & Sriracha, if adding!) & SERVE IMMEDIATELY!!!!
OH & FOOD PORN!!
Enjoy babes!! <3 <3 <3