Hi munchkins! <3
Rise & shine! (NOT seeing the sunshine for now, WEH!!!).
IT’S SUNDAY FUNDAY!!! AND, LET’S BE HONEST… what makes for a fun day? A DAY SPENT IN THE KITCH WITH MY RECIPES. DUHHHH!!
This morning, I have THE PERFECT BREAKY SURPRISE FOR YOU. I’m talking FRESH-BREWED COFFEE BAKED OATMEAL. Basically…
When coffee JUST ISN’T ENOUGH to get you up out of bed, I’m thinkin’ coffee spiked oatmeal JUST MIGHT DO THE TRICK.
This coffee baked oatmeal is legit A TREAT – Baked with coffee & almond milk with a hint of vanilla & cinnamon. OHHHHH, & some baked BLUEBERRIES!!! YES PLEASE! I’LL TAKE IT!!!! In case you munchkins don’t already know… I’VE GOT TWO REALLY, REALLY GREAT
LOVES OBSESSSSSIONS these days:
COFFEE & OATMEAL
And well… what better idea than to combine them? Two perfectly-delish morning foods (well one is a drink, but whatevz!) that go HAND-IN-HAND – I mean… oats with a subtle coffee flava all mashed up with almond milk… THIS AIN’T ROCKET SCIENCE BABIES, but it is… AN INCREDIBLY DELISH (ONE-BOWL) BREAKFAST that can be yours in like 30 minutes!!!!
LADIES & GENTS, this is my Fresh-Brewed Clean-Eating Coffee Baked Oatmeal a.k.a. That-Spiked-Oatmeal-Alarm-Clock-That-Will-Make-You-Crumble!
If you’ve never tried almond milk… this babe is your perfect FIRST-TIME OPPORTUNITY. IT’S SO DELICIOUSLY CREAMY & HAS A WONDERFUL NUTTY FLAVOUR! I use it in SO MUCH OF MY COOKING & BAKING (as you munchkins probs. know) & well, let’s just say it’s the perf match between tasty & guilt-free! BASICALLY, THIS BABE WILL TAKE YOU TO CRUMBLYYYY OATMEAL HEAVEN & you will never want to come down, I’m tellin’ ya. Just become an oatmeal angel or something… & LIFE WILL FOREVER BE BEAUTIFUL.
OKAY & as if her deliciousness WASN’T ENOUGH, this baby RANKS IN QUITE AMAZINGLY NUTRITION-WISE. Let me explain. ONE SERVING OF THE BABE WILL PACK 18 GRAMS OF PROTEIN & 12 GRAMS OF FIBRE. And really, WHO ARE WE KIDDING WHEN YOU SAY “JUST ONE SLICE”? … So basically, this baby is PROTEIN & FIBRE FOR DAYZ. YA FEEL ME?
Anywho my loves, AT THIS POINT, I MUST HAVE YOU CONVINCED, SO let’s get to dat nitty gritty!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 cups of gluten-free ROLLED oats (NOT QUICK OATS!!!!);
- 1 tsp. of organic non-GMO baking powder;
- ¼ tsp. of sea salt;
- ¼ cup of brown or coconut sugar (I mean… who on earth is choosing brown sugar OVER COCONUT SUGAR? Come on!);
- 1 organic egg or 2 organic egg whites!
- 1 cup of STRONG-BREWED COFFEE (NESPRESSO, FTW!);
- 1 cup of organic unsweetened (or vanilla-flavoured) almond milk (Feel free to sub almond milk for cashew milk, macadamia nut milk OR regular milk! UP TO YOU BABIES, GIVE YOUR BODS WHAT IT IS CRAVING! YA KNOW… THAT WHOLE NOURISH YOUR BODY SHPIEL);
- 1 tsp. of organic pure vanilla extract;
- ½ – 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon;
- ADD-IN OPTIONS (I went the berry & sliced almonds route!!) & you can either add these in PRE-BAKE OR POST-BAKE!
- ¼ cup of berries;
- ½ cup of chopped cashews or sliced almonds;
- ½ cup of craisins or other dried fruit (raisins, apricots, dried cherries, blueberries or Goji berries!);
- ½ cup of shredded unsweetened & organic coconut flakes!
- Munchkins, I would pick two of these, not every single one! I mean… IF YOU WANT TO, GO FOR IT. But I would pick two that you feel go well together & that YOU LOVE!
- ¼ cup of pure organic maple syrup for topping!
- FOR GARNISH: A BIG-PLOP OF PEANUT BUTTER OR OTHER NUT BUTTER & some additional ground cinnamon for sprinklinggggg! (Don’t you just love the world “SPRINKLING”? I LOVE IT. IT MAKES ME THINK OF CUPCAKES. AND CUPCAKES MAKE ME THINK OF ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL, ERGO, SPRINKLING = BEAUTIFUL.
How YUMMMMMY do these ingredients sound? And if they sound THIS YUMMY INDIVIDUALLY, imagine what they taste like WHEN COMBINED… & NOT ONLY COMBINED, BUT ALSO WHEN BAKED!!!!!! Holy Eff. Heavenly. I swear, babies. I need you to make this. LIKE, NEED!!!!
OKAY, it’s really unfair to keep you waiting any longer. I know it’s KILLING YOU. Plus, if I get the recipe to you munchkins fast enough, you’ll have JUST ENOUGH TIME to whip ‘er up for SUNDAY FUNDAY MORNING BREAKY/BRUNCH! Ya dig? See how much I care & love y’all? I JUST WANT YOU (& YOUR TUMMIES, OF COURSE) TO BE HAPPPPPPY-AF! AND IN ORDER TO DO SO, I THINK I NEED TO REVEAL HOW TO WHIP THIS BABE UP, you feel me? I know you do. HERE GOES. P.S. Soooooo simple, you will love me forever & ever & ever (if you don’t already!!!!).
- Preheat your oven to 375F & prepare an 8×8 baking dish or 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray!
- Combine all YOUR BEAUTZZZZZ ingredients in a medium to large bowl. Stir in your ADDDD-INS!! (OR add ’em in POST-BAKE!!!)
- Transfer THIS OATY-CRUMBLY BEAUTIFULNESS to the baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Once ready, DRIZZZZLE WITH MAPLE SYRUP & enjoy with any additional toppings you prefer (I’M TALKIN’ ‘DAT NUT BUTTER & CINNAMON DRIZZLES) & YOU KNOW WHAT?… BEST WAY to devour this babe? Mash your baked oatmeal in a bowl with additional almond milk and maple syrup & add fresh fruit and NUT BUTTA’! YUMMMMMMMYYYYY!
- DEVOUR! BYE!
OH RIGHT, FOOD PORN, ALWAYS!
ENJOY BABES!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3