Perfectly Pan-Grilled Lemony-Maple-Herby Chicken Breast on a Beautifully-Green Bed of Broiled Bok-Choy & Sliced Zucchini a.k.a. Sweet-&-Savory-Protein-Packed-Wonderfulness-Oh-&-Greens-ALWAYS!
HI BABIES! <3
Happy FriYAY night! Been counting down to the weekend all week & it’s FINALLY HERE! WOAH. Down, you?
And, as always, weekends mean… KITCH TIME. LAPTOPS CHARGED. KELLY IN THE KITCH’S BLOG OPEN. RECIPE SELECTION MADE. APRONS ON. SKILLETS, MEASURING CUPS & SKILLETS OUT. Oh & TONS OF KALE CHIPS TO SNACK ON WHILE COOKING/BAKING UP A STORM (I mean…who doesn’t snack while cooking? Lez be honest here. WE ALL DO!!).
OKAY, so to start off my weekend, I WHIPPED UP SOME WONDERFULNESS TONIGHT (Safe to say: “YET AGAIN”)… & by wonderfulness, I MEAN THIS BEAUTIFUL-AF PLATE. Ya dig? How gorg is she though? I know… I know… I currently have you melting, drooling, salivating, fantasizing & all that good stuff. BUT, DESPITE HER APPEARANCE…
My loves, at the sight of this babe, would you believe it took her less than 30 minutes to get ready? DIDN’T THINK SO. But, I swear, it’s true!!!! Either she’s got some serious getting ready fast-AF skills down-packed OR SHE’S JUST FREAKING NATURALLY AWESOME & BEAUTIFUL (Catch my drift here? I’m totally referring to a real babe, a.k.a. a chick… RIGHT, CHICKEN!). Either way, whether you caught my drift or not, THE REALITY OF THE SITCH IS THAT THIS BABY IS LIKE THE EASIEST & SIMPLEST RECIPE TO WHIP UP, but she’s totally another “Looks-like-I-spent-all-day-in-the-kitch” sitch. SERIOUSLY. I MEAN, LOOK AT HER!!!!
As if all this wasn’t enough, THIS BABE PACKS A WHOPPING 38 GRAMS OF PROTEIN & 22 GRAMS OF FIBRE. Safe to say I’m not only winning, I’M KILLING IT. AND, you could be too, munchkins. JUST PAUSE NETFLIX. COME ON. MAKE YOURSELVES A GOOD DINNNNA. No take-out for you tonight!!!!
IT’S A SIMPLE FORMULA, REALLY (Even I understand it & it’s safe to say that MATH IS NOT MY FORTÉ. MATH IS NOT MY ANYTHING. I DO NOT LIKE MATH. I HATE MATH. MATH & I AREN’T FRIENDS). BUT, even I understand this formula:
KELLY IN THE KITCH RECIPES > DOMINO’S PIZZA (OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR TAKE-OUT OPTION)
IT’S PRETTY SELF-EXPLANATORY, but in case you need some explaining, all it means is that KELLY IN THE KITCH’S RECIPES ARE GREATER THAN (FAR MORE SUPERIOR) DOMINO’S PIZZA OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR TAKE-OUT OPTION. It’s a pretty logical formula if you ask me, whatcha think?
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Perfectly Pan-Grilled Lemony-Maple-Herby Chicken Breast on a Beautifully-Green Bed of Broiled Bok-Choy & Sliced Zucchini a.k.a. Sweet-&-Savory-Protein-Packed-Wonderfulness-Oh-&-Greens-ALWAYS!
OHHHHH WAIT. Did I not mention that she’s also gluten-free?!?!?! YEP. THAT TOO, BABIES. WOW. BUT HOW IMPRESSED ARE YOU RN? I’m impressed with myself, so I can only imagine you munchkins!!!!!
Okidokes, I think it’s really time for me to stop ranting. I could seriously go on for days. As I’ve previously mentioned, I think it’s gotten to the point where I need like an assistant or a secretary or something who can TELL Me WHEN TO STOP, ERGO WHEN THINGS ARE GETTING A LIL’ OUTTA HAND. I mean, I do have a (
somewhat) ability to do that myself… but as you can see, sometimes it takes a page worth of RANTING for me to realize that it’s FINALLY ENOUGH. Anywho, realization has been realized STAT. & Y’ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, RIGHT? It’s time for ‘dem ingredients!!!!!! Y’all ready for ‘dis?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED (FOR TWO VERY, VERY HUNGRY PEOPLE, Á LA KELLY IN THE KITCH STYLE!):
- 300g of boneless chicken breast, MARINATED IN:
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 5 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice;
- 4 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 2 tbsp. of raw organic apple cider vinegar;
- 2 tsp. of organic dried minced garlic;
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- 1 ½ tsp. of ground cumin;
- 2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- LOADS of freshly ground black pepper (to your liking, my loves!);
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning;
- 3 tbsp. of fresh cilantro;
- 3 tbsp. of fresh basil, CHOPPED;
- 250g of Bok choy, ENDS TRIMMED & CHOPPED LENGTHWISE;
- 250g of zucchini, SLICED THINLY;
- Season the Bok choy & zucchini with loads of freshly ground black pepper, organic Himalayan pink sea salt & a dash of garlic powder!
- Dried parsley flakes & freshly ground black pepper for garnish!
It don’t get more clean. It don’t get more healthy. It don’t get more lean. COME ON, TELL ME YOU AGREE. I mean… if you don’t, YOUR DEFINITION OF HEALTHY IS ESSENTIALLY EATING… A TREE? And well, you’re out of luck with me when it comes to that, munchkins! SORRY NOT SORRY, but I like to get a little MORE creative than a tree!!!! (I like to eat things that come from trees. In fact, I LOVE to eat things that come from trees. BUT, TO EAT THE TREE ON ITS OWN. NAH. NO THANKS BABY!).
OKAY, so now you know how quick & simple this baby is to whip up, HOW NUTRIENT-PACKED SHE IS, how freaking clean & healthy her ingredients are & basically, THAT SHE’S FREAKING OVERALL-AWESOME. So, what exactly are you missing? OH RIGHT. The HOW-TO!!! I knew I was forgetting something. OKAY, I’M HERE TO TELL YOU HOW BABIES, DON’T WORRY. DON’T PANIC. HERE WE GO!
- COMBINE all the ingredients for the chicken marinade in a medium metal mixing bowl. Stir to combine! Add your chicken breast to the bowl & toss carefully to coat the beautiful breasts (BAHAHA, that sounds so freaking wrong, man!) in the marinade. Refrigerate & let the chicken marinate while you prep the rest of the recipe!
- Set your broiler to LOW. Chop ‘dem veggies & season them with some freshly ground black pepper, sea salt & a dash of garlic powder! Toss to coat & place them on a baking sheet (DO NOT PILE THEM!). BROIL THEM ON LOW FOR 5-6 MINUTES (Start with this & then adjust accordingly if you feel they are not as roasted as you want ‘em to be!!! BUT, BE CAREFUL. DON’T OVER DO IT. DON’T BURN THE BABIES!!!).
- WHILE THE VEGGIES ARE BROILING, heat a skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Once heated, add your chicken & whatever is left from the marinade to the skillet! Cook for two minutes over MEDIUM-HIGH. Then, lower your heat to MEDIUM & cook for an additional 4 minutes. THEN, FLIP THE BABES & COOK FOR ANYWHERE BETWEEN 6-8 MINUTES. This all depends on how “done” you like your chicken, babes!!! SO BASICALLY, keep an eye on it! DON’T LET IT OVERCOOK. NOBODY LIKES RUBBERY CHICKEN! (I mean… if you do, I’m not judging you. Whatever floats your boat? But uhh… HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU PICK RUBBERY CHICKEN OVER PERFECTLY-COOKED-STILL-JUICY-BUT-NOT-PINK CHICKEN? Please. Explain). Once cooked through, remove the chicken from the heat & set aside!
- Once the veggies are ready, PLATE THEM!!! AHHHH, so pretty! Once plated, top the veggies with the perfectly cooked chicken breast, garnish the babes with some ‘mo freshly ground black pepper & dried parsley flakes ET VOILÁ! SERVE IMMEDIATELY! I mean… let’s be honest, I don’t think it could or would be possible to WAIT to serve this beauty of a plate… I MEAN, JUST LOOKING AT IT AGAIN, NOW, AFTER DEVOURING IT, I WANT IT AGAIN!!!!!!
OKAY, so I told you munchkins this was a simple & easy one, was I lying?!?! Didn’t think so!!!!! I hope you enjoy this baby as much as I did!! She’s definitely going to become a classic for me, with a few slight changes, as always!!!! I’m already thinking of what other veggies would go well with her, although I cannot even begin to explain to you how beautiful the combination of Bok-choy & zucchini was… IT’S SOMETHING YOU NEED TO TRY & EXPERIENCE FOR YOURSELF IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND. BASICALLY, THAT MEANS, GO MAKE THIS RECIPE. STAT!
OH & OF COURSE… I didn’t forget!!!! FOOD PORN!!!
ENJOY MY LOVES! <3 xoxo!