Hi babies!!! <3 <3
PREAMBLE: I AM THE COOKIE MONSTER.
HAPPY END-OF-WEDNESDAY & ALMOST THURSDAY… I can almost smell the weekend!!!! YOU? Gotta love it.
My loves, this is my POST-DINS SITCH. BASICALLY, you are most probably not surprised to hear that I BAKED UP YET ANOTHER STORM IN MY KITCH, THIS TIME, WITH NONE OTHER THAN… *DRUMROLL PLEASE*… ALMOND FLOUR!!!!! Munchies, BRACE YOURSELVES!
THESE PERFECTLY-CRUMBLY-AF COOKIES ARE HEAVEN ON EARTH. The combination of ooey-gooey sticky-AF caramel… creamy, rich & indulgent cacao… & crispy, savoury sea salt IS JUST WOAH. IT TAKES YOU TO ANOTHER PLACE. That place is HEAVEN, but it’s HEAVEN ON EARTH. Munchkins, I’m still there… It’s so beautiful. Please, whip these up stat so you can come & meet me… I don’t have many cookies left in my batch, ERGO, I DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER I WILL BE HERE (You know… since it’s really freaking hard for me to resist devouring the eff out of whatever is left, BUT I DON’T WANNA COME HOME. I WANNA STAY IN COOKIE HEAVEN. Oh, the dilemmas!).
So I’m rambling about these babies, BUT WHAT ARE THEY, YOU ASK? Uh… Cacao Caramel & Sea Salt Almond Flour Cookies. Nope, I’m not okay. ARE YOU? I needed help. STAT. LEGIT. PRONTO. SO I REACHED OUT TO YOU BABIES as I stared into the oven for the ENTIRE time that these babes were baking. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t get up. I couldn’t stop staring. They were just so beautiful. BUT SINCE NONE OF YOU MUNCHKINS CAME TO MY RESCUE (I WAS PISSED BUT, I GOT OVER IT NOW), I ENDED UP EATING LIKE THREE OF THESE BABES the SECOND the TIMER beeped!!!! TBH, the reason I’m no longer mad at you is because I enjoyed these babies way too much & they put me in like THE. BEST. MOOD. EVER. I WON’T LIE – I DEVOURED ‘EM LIKE ‘DA COOKIE MONSTER.
What’s in them, you ask? AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! THINK: Crumbly-AF almond flour, CACAO POWDER (a.k.a. CHOCOLATE for DAYZ), sea salt, sugar (SORRY GUYS, I HAD TO!!!), melted coconut oil (ZOMFG), vanilllllllllla FTW & of course… VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE CHOPPED-AF CARAMEL CANDIES!!!! AHHHH. Tripping. Freaking. Going Insane. Going Cray-Cray. Gone MAD!!!!
LADIES & GENTS, I present you with Kelly’s Clean-Eating Gluten-Free/Vegan Cacao Caramel & Sea Salt Almond Flour Cookies a.k.a. That-Magical-Cookie-That-Will-Take-You-to-Heaven-On-Earth-Oh-&-Ooey-Gooey-Caramel-Creamy-Chocolate-&-Crispy-Sea-Salt!
OKAY, but how freaking GORGEOUS ARE THEY? Have you ever seen ANYTHING, & I MEAN, ANYTHING THIS GORGEOUS? Say yes & you’re a HUGE LIAR.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty, I got tons of messages from you munchkins asking me WHAT’S SO GOOD ABOUT ALMOND FLOUR COMPARED TO REGULAR FLOUR? & SO… you babies have me going! I’ll be brief though! Basically, almond flour is like THE GO-TO STAPLE ALTERNATIVE TO WHEAT FLOUR because:
THE ONLY INGREDIENT IN ALMOND FLOUR IS GROUND & WHOLE ALMONDS;
The BABE is GLUTEN-FREE!
SUPA-DUPA-WOAH HIGH IN FIBRE!
VERY-VERY-VERY-INCREDIBLY HIGH SOURCE OF PROTEIN!
Packed with VITAMIN E – ANTIOXIDANT – HELPS PREVENT CELL DAMAGE, HEART DISEASE & STROKE!
Packed with IRON & CALCIUM & POTASSIUM!
HUGE ENERGY BOOSTER – THANK YOU HEALTHY FATS, MACRONUTRIENTS & MICRONUTRIENTS! (Totz referring to the RIBOFLAVIN, MANGANESE & COPPER IN THIS BABY, all of which play a role in energy production, red blood cell creation, cellular function growth & development!
OKAY, NOW YOU KNOW WHY I LIKE, ADORE, ALMONDO FLOUR. RIGHT? Aside from all these nutritional benefits, IT MAKES COOKIES & ANY OTHER BAKING RECIPE, FOR THAT MATTER, SO FREAKING DELICIOUS & CRUMBLY. I mean, you’re basically using really, really, really, really ground almonds to SPICE UP YOUR RECIPE & MAKE IT PERF. Why wouldn’t you do it? I don’t get it!!!!! Oh right, you never said you weren’t going to. You’re just waiting for the ingredients list (& YOU WAITED EVER SO PATIENTLY). SOOOOO, AS A REWARD FOR YOUR PATIENCE, HERE WE GO BABIES!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 cups of organic almond flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill);
- 1/3 cup of organic unsweetened fair-trade cacao powder (I use Cuisine Camino!);
- ¾ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- ½ tsp. of organic baking soda (I use Bob’s Red Mill);
- ½ cup of granulated sugar/stevia;
- 3 tbsp. of organic coconut oil, MELTED (I use Nutiva!);
- 2 large eggs (IF YOU ARE VEGAN, sub the eggs with Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer!);
- 1 tbsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 12-15 organic gluten-free & vegan caramel candies, CHOPPED into large chunks! (NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM) – P.S. Count a couple extra. Take it from me; you’ll end up eating 1 or 2… or 3, or 4… IN THE PROCESS! NO SHAME.
SO CLEAN, SO HEALTHY & SO SIMPLE, RIGHT? I love not complicating your lives. Like, you munchkins don’t deserve to get all stressed out in the kitch so I GENUINELY DO MY BEST TO MAKE YOUR LIVES EASY! Hope it works 🙂
OKAY, NOW TO WHIP THIS BABE OF A RECIPE UP, listen up munchkins!!!
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a cookie sheet with oil of choice & set aside!
- In a MEDIUM BOWL, combine the almond flour, cacao powder, sea salt, baking soda, sugar, coconut oil, eggs & vanilla! WHISK ALL THIS BEAUTIFULNESS THOROUGHLY, until the mixture forms coarse crumbs & then…. SUDDENLY, A BEAUTIFUL CHOCOLATEY BATTER IS BORN. STIR THE EFF OUT OF THE BATTER UNTIL IT IS PERFECTLY SMOOTH!
- Once smooth, throw in your caramel chunks!!!!! & MIXXXXX AGAIN!!!
- NOW, separate the batter EQUALLY into roughly 1 ½ – 2 tbsp.-sized balls of chocolatey-wonderfulness & place them on the baking sheet!
- BAKE YOUR BABIES for anywhere between 15-18 minutes! I don’t know about you munchkins but I ALWAYS start out with the minimum baking time & then I play it by ear from there! I baked these babes for 17 minutes & I mean… LOOK AT THEM. THEY’RE PERFECT. But, this does not mean that this is what will work for you. UNLESS WE HAVE THE SAME OVEN. No, but seriously, my loves, WATCH YOUR COOKIES, PLEASE! THEY DESERVE TO BE LOVED & CARED FOR. When you see the beautiful aroma they will bring to your kitch, you will regret the day you ever thought of walking away from your oven while they bake. TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT, OKAY? IT’S A TWO-WAY STREET, LOVIES!
- NOW, once baked, remove the babes from the oven & allow them to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes… (LEZ BE HONEST, YOU WON’T MAKE IT THIS FAR. BUT, DO TRY YOUR BEST). ESSENTIALLY, I only tell you munchkins to do this as a formality. But really, if you’re like me, you’ll be standing over your stove the second ‘dat timer beeps & you will be devouring the eff out of one of these babies (or two, at a time) LIKE ‘DA COOKIE MONSTER.
- P.S. You might find that the caramels have spread out during the baking process! DO NOT WORRY!!! THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG. It just means that all caramels are made slightly differently, so there is a chance that some spread more than others during baking! I MEAN… ARE YOU REALLY COMPLAINING IF YOUR CARAMELS MELT MORE ANYWAYS? MORE OOEY-GOOEY-STICKINESS FOR YOU! #winning!!!!!!!
- If somehow, some way, some place, SOME EVERYTHING, you end up with leftovers after devouring these babies like ‘DA REAL MVP (A.K.A. ‘DA REAL COOKIE MONSTER), store them in an airtight container & refrigerate the babes for up to one week! I swear, I legit think this every single damn time – WHY DO I EVEN WASTE MY TIME TELLING YOU THIS? YOU WILL NEVER GET TO THE POINT WHERE THEY NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED. THERE ARE NEVER ANY LEFT. Am I wrong? NAH. I NEVER AM. Bye!
I hope you munchkins enjoy these babies as much as I do!!!!!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!!
& SOME ‘MO PROGRESS PICS!!!