BACK YET AGAIN! Yep, for the third time today. You complaining? Didn’t think so! <3 <3 <3
Happy Tuesday night, babies!! Tomorrow is Wednesday and we all know what that means, IT MEANS WE MADE IT THROUGH HALF THE WEEK… ya dig? Okay, well we didn’t make it just yet. You still need to make it to tomorrow… LEGGO. You can do this!!!
SOOOO, Once again, this is tonight’s BREAKY, oops, I mean DINNER. Well, really, what I mean is this is tonight’s BREAKY FOR DINNER. Yes, I dreamt of breakfast for dinner again & yes, my babies, this is YET ANOTHER FRITTATA. CAN YOU TELL I’M FREAKING IN LOVE WITH THESE THINGS? DO YOU REALLY BLAME ME THOUGH? I mean… they’re PROTEIN-PACKED, DELICIOUS, READY IN LIKE 30 & YOU ONLY NEED TO DIRTY (& ERGO, WASH) ONE PAN!!!
Basically, frittatas = life = <3 forever & ever & ever.
THIS TIME, THE MAIN EVENTS IN THIS BABY ARE BUTTERNUT SQUASH & CARAMELIZED MUSHROOMS. Oh & SMOKED PAPRIKA & TURMERIC (I put ‘dat stuff on everything, you?!). Holy eff. That combination… LETHAL, BABIES, but lethal, IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE (YOU PROBS. THINK I AM INSANE for combining the words BEST & LETHAL in the same sentence, right? GUYS, try her & you will understand where I’m coming from. There’s not much more I can say to describe what I mean… it’s hard sometimes, you know, to put deliciousness into words, BUT, I DO TRY MY BEST!). ANYWHO, are you sure you’re ready for this? She was LEGIT a delicious-dream-come-true. SO DELICIOUS, THAT SHE SET ME ON FIYA!
P.S. If you haven’t already whipped up a fresh batch of my Butternut Squash recipe, NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT. YOU WILL NEED HER FOR THIS RECIPE & it’ll go so much faster if she’s already waiting for you in the fridge… & by waiting, I mean WAITING TO BE THROWN INTO THIS BABE OF A DISH & DEVOURED BY YOURS TRULY!).
If you munchkins thought that all that was in this baby was butternut squash, mushrooms & smoked paprika… WELL, YOU DON’T KNOW ME WELL ENOUGH YET. THERE IS TONS OF OTHER YUMMINESS IN THIS ONE-PAN WONDER… you’ll see. BUT, FOR NOW, I BET YOU ARE DROOLING AT THE THOUGHT OF DIPPING A BEAUTIFUL BITE OF THIS WONDERFULNESS INTO SOME CREAMY, SMOOTH & THICK-AF GREEK YOGURT, right? I told you munchkins to dream about this (on Insta) & now… I’M MAKING YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE. Admit you freaking ADORE me. I told you patience is a virtue… you listened… AND I DELIVERED. So here I am, about to reveal WHAT YOU NEED & HOW TO WHIP THIS BABY UP. & At this point, you’re at the edge of your chair… so I think it’s time to stop ranting. Right?
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Healthy-AF Smoked Paprika Turmeric Butternut Squash, Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Frittata a.k.a. That-Orangey-Red-One-Pan-Wonder-That-Is-So-Delicious-She-Will-Set-Your-Heart-On-Fire!!!!!
P.S. I’m totz not responsible if your mouth LEGIT SETS ON FIRE. LIKE, I’M DENYING ALL LIABILITY, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. SORRY NOT SORRY, BYE! KIDDING, not bye. It’s that time. Babies, you ready? I’m about to reveal them ingredients!!!! Here we go!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 tbsp. of organic coconut oil (or extra-virgin olive oil if you prefer!);
- 3 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1 medium sweet white onion, CHOPPED;
- 220g of white mushrooms, SLICED THINLY;
- 1-2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (GUYS, I DID TELL YOU THE ONION & MUSHROOM WERE CARAMELIZED, RIGHT?);
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning;
- 250g of my Best Ever Roasted Butternut Squash, CUBED (RECIPE HERE);
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro leaves, CHOPPED;
- 8 organic egg whites (I use Burnbrae Farms);
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- 1 tsp. of ground turmeric;
- SIMPLY ORGANIC, ALWAYS!!!!
- ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning;
- 200g of 2% organic Greek yogurt;
THAT’S ALL MY LOVES!!! In case you are wondering, yes, I do acknowledge that there is definitely quite a bit of chopping, slicing, cubing & mincing involved to put this babe of a dish together, but HEY, that’s what you get for wanting to eat healthy, OKAY? Unfortunately, veggies need to be chopped!!! It’s the price we pay but I find it’s totz. worth it. Ya feel me?
P.S. Can we all just take a moment of silence to acknowledge how freaking clean these ingredients are? LIKE… I’M LEGIT TAKING CLEAN-EATING TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL, we on the same page here? I HOPE SO!!!
NOW, LET’S GET TO THE HOW-TO:
- Set your broiler to LOW HEAT.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of coconut oil in a medium skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat! Once heated, add the garlic & sauté for about 2 minutes, UNTIL FRAGRANT (AGAIN MUNCHKINS, GARLIC HEAVEN!!!!).
- ONCE YOU’RE IN GARLIC HEAVEN, add your onion, mushrooms & maple syrup to the skillet, season with freshly ground pepper & sea salt & sauté the babes for 4-5 minutes until they begin to brown & the onion begins to look translucent. THE SMELL. WOAH.
- Add the butternut squash & the cilantro & sauté this gorgeousness for about 2 minutes! Reduce your heat to MEDIUM. (This is CRUCIAL, MY LOVES. You are almost at the point where you need to add ‘dem egg whites & if your fire is TOO HAWT, YOU WILL CREATE A BURNT EGG WHITE FRITATTA. NOT DOWN, YOU?).
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites & ALL ‘DEM SPICES. FINE. I’ll list them. I’m talking: garlic powder, TURMERIC (MY FREAKING FAVE-AF!!!!!), smoked paprika, black pepper & sea salt!
- ONCE YOUR VEGGIES ARE COOKED THROUGH, flatten your veggie mixture so that it covers the entire bottom of the skillet!
- Once you have WHISKED THE EFF out of your egg whites & spices FOR DAYS, pour this beauty over the vegetables in the skillet. COOK THE BABES, WITHOUT STIRRING, UNTIL THE BOTTOM OF THE EGGS ARE FIRM & THE EDGES OF THE FRITTATA ARE PULLING AWAY FROM THE PAN (This is the MOST important part of the recipe. YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, RIGHT? WATCH YOUR FRITATTA. LOVE YOUR FRITTATA. CARE FOR YOUR FRITTATA). P.S. This took about 4-5 minutes for me. BUT, that doesn’t mean that I’m giving you permission to chill for 4-5 minutes… Lord knows HOW STRONG your oven is & I do not want to be the cause of your burnt frittata. Sorry not sorry.
- After approximately 4-5 minutes, PUT THIS BEAUTY IN ‘DA OVEN. BROIL her for about 2 minutes or until the frittata has puffed up & its edges begin to turn golden brown!!!
- SLICE HER & SERVE HER! OR EAT HER WHOLE! & DON’T FREAKING FORGET YOUR GREEK YOGURT!!!! DIP THE EFF OUT OF EVERY BITE IN THIS CREAMY WONDERFULNESS. ZOMFG. I’M DROOLING AGAIN.
- DEVOUR! BYE!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!!
OH & HERE I AM, POST-DIN, ON MY GROCERY RUN. WADDUP?