MUNCHKINS!! Hi! 🙂
I’m having such a great day today!! I spent the morning with my beautiful aunt & sissy, BOTH OF WHICH I FREAKING ADORE <3.
BUT, before they came over… A LITTLE SITCH (WELL, ACTUALLY A BIG DEAL SITCH) THAT OCCURRED IN MY KITCH, I’m talking at like 6:00AM. What is this sitch I speak of, you ask? I’M TALKIN’ MY FLOURLESS ZUCCHINI BANANA BREAD. She drove me nuts. Wild. Crazy. I’M TRIPPING. FLIPPING. FREAKING. & ALL THAT OTHER STUFF.
Guys… I already had TWO MASSIVE SLICES, is that okay? Please. Comfort me. Anywho, THANKS FOR NOTHING. Still waiting for that comforting… But, I’ll tell y’all about one thing that comforted me today… Y’ALL READY? THE SMELL IN MY KITCH WHEN THIS BABY WAS BAKING!!!!! Guys, you have no idea… the combination of the savoury GREEN-AF zucchini with the sweet, mushy, caramelized banana combined with the cinnamon… the vanilla… the honey… GAH. WHY? WHY MUST FOOD DO THIS TO ME?!?
Aside from the smell, WHY IS THIS BABY SO F-AMAZING? Let me explain!!!!
SHE’S REFINED SUGAR-FREE!
MADE WITH ONLY THE CLEANEST & HEALTHIEST INGREDIENTS!
LOADED WITH OATS! HELLO, FIBRE! I LOVE YOU FOREVER. <3
BAKED TO PERFECTION (IF YOU FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS TO A T)
SHE IS EAT YO GREENS!!
MAKES FOR THE PERF SIDE WITH YOUR BREAKY, MID-MORNING SNACK OR AFTERNOON PICK-ME-UP!
Ladies & gents, these are Kelly’s Healthy-AF, Flourless, Moist, Yet Crumbly Zucchini Banana Bread a.k.a. Once-You-Go-Zucchini-You-Never-Go-Back-Oh-&-That-Oat-Crumble!!!
GUYS, I cannot even begin to put into words this deliciousness.
JUST THE RIGHT TOUCH OF ZUCCHINI.
VANILLA-Y WITH JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF CINNAMON.
OH, OH, OH, & how could I forget?!?! She’s BEST warmed up, SMOTHERED in nut butter & drizzled with cinnamon!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED!!!
- 2 ½ cups of gluten-free rolled oats (260g) (FEEL FREE to use non-gluten-free ones if that’s not a concern for you, munchkins!! OH, & MAKE SURE NOT TO USE QUICK OATS, KAY?!);
- 1 cup of mashed-AF banana (240g);
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini (200g);
- 1 tsp. of baking soda;
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon;
- 3/4 tsp. of organic non-GMO baking powder;
- 3/4 tsp. of sea salt;
- 1 ½ tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/3 cup of oil or milk of choice (THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS, BABES – almond, cashew, macadamia, soy, rice, regular, skim! LET YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD, BUT AS ALWAYS, MOST IMPORTANTLY, GIVE YOUR BOD WHAT IT IS CRAVING!);
- ½ cup of pure organic maple syrup, agave or raw organic honey!;
- 1 ½ tbsp. of white vinegar;
- OPTIONAL: If you munchkins want to turn this baby into CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BANANA BREAD, then throw in ½ cup of any kind of chocolate chips! I’m talkin’, milk, semi-sweet, dark, butterscotch or even white!!!!
HOW ON EARTH DOES THAT BECOME THIS, RIGHT? Let me explain!!!!
- Munchkins, first & foremost, as always, PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 350F & grease a 9×5 loaf pan very well, making sure to go up the sides OR line the pan with parchment paper!
- Place your oats in a blender (KAY, but who else agrees that this is like the most beautiful sight on earth? RIGHT?) & BLEND THE CUTIES UNTIL A FINE POWDERY-FLOURY MIXTURE forms!
- Add ALL YOUR OTHER BEAUTIFUL-AF ingredients to the blender & BLEND THE BABES UNTIL SMOOTH-AF
- If you’re adding chocolate chips, DON’T ADD JUST YET!!!
- ONCE THE BATTER IS BEAUTIFUL, SMOOTH & CREAMY-AF, stir in your chocolate chips (if using – BUT LIKE WHY WOULDN’T YOU?).
- NOW, that beautiful moment where THIS BEAUTIFULNESS IS POURED into the prepared pan & YOUR EYES START SWIVELLING & SWIRLING & GOING CUCKOOOOOO. POUR THE EFF OUT OF THE BATTER INTO THE PAN & if necessary, SLAM (Literally) your pan onto your counter (I AM NOT LIABLE IF YOU BREAK YOUR COUNTER, BYE!) to flatten the batter and allow it to spread evenly into the pan!
- BAKE THIS BABE ON THE MIDDLE RACK OF YOUR OVEN FOR 35 MINUTES.
- Once baked (a.k.a. once that timer beeps & annoys the freaking EFF OUTTA YOU, turn the oven off, BUT DO NOT & I REPEAT, DO NOT, open the oven. Let the bread sit in ‘dat closed oven for ANOTHER 10 MINUTES. (Set your timer again. You will forget about the bread if you don’t. She will be very, very, extremely SAD & TBH, she doesn’t deserve the disappointment or sadness associated with being abandoned. SHE’S SIMPLY TOO AMAZING & BEAUTIFUL).
- NOW, ONCE THAT TIMER BEEPS, YES AGAIN, remove the baby from the oven & let her cool completely before going around the sides of the pan with a knife & then INVERTING THIS BABY ONTO A PLATE & SLICINGGGGG THE EFF OUTTA HER!
- NOW, YOU HAVE MY FULL, COMPLETE & UTTER PERMISSION TO DEVOUR THE EFF OUT OF HER. Please do not come crying to me when you have nothing left. It’s not my fault. I also cried. Trust me, babes, I completely understand where you are coming from, BUT ALL WE CAN DO IS BAKE ANOTHER BATCH! YA DIG?
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!
ENJOY MY LOVES!! <3 <3 <3 xoxo!
OH!!!! & here are some progress pics!!!!!