Hi again my loves!!! <3 <3
Hope you all had a wonderful day!!!
YOU MADE IT THROUGH MONDAY!!! 🙂 Congrats! 🙂 Good for you, munchkins! That means you have the willpower to make it through the rest of the week – MONDAYS ARE THE WORST. As a reward for making it through Monday, get in your kitch & whip yourself up some of this beautiful clean-eating KOREAN BIBIMBAP!!!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!! PLUS, SHE’S SO GUILT-FREE, so it’s not even really considered “cheating”. IT’S CERTAINLY A REWARD THOUGH. You’ll understand when you take the first bite & it takes you all the way to KOREA, LEGIT.
Okay, before we get into this babe & all her deets, I don’t know about you munchkins, but for me, BOWLS HAVE BECOME THE NEW PLATES. Call me insane, but I think you’ve realized by now that I’ve legit started to eat all my meals out of bowls. I simply am IN LOVE with the idea of mixing huge portions of veggies with protein in a bowl & stirring it all together with YUMMY-AF-HOMEMADE-CLEAN-EATING SAUCES & DRESSINGS! Basically, you get a little taste of everything in each bite… & you know what that means… PARTY IN YOUR MOUTH. What’s best about these big bowls of wonderfulness is that they make for an extremely HEALTHY & FILLING MEAL. & this dinner IS JUST THAT. LITERALLY.
Ladies & gents, I present you with Kelly’s Clean-Eating Homemade Korean Bibimbap Bowl of Wonderfulness a.k.a. It’s-All-About-‘Dat-Perfectly-Fried-Drippy-Yolky-Egg-Oh-&-That-Sauce-Though!!
Lovies, if you don’t know what Bibimbap is, I FEEL BAD FOR YOU. No, I’m kidding. Seriously though, it’s legit a signature Korean dish, which is like a deconstructed version of fried rice. PILES OF BEAUTIFUL INGREDIENTS TOP BOWLS OF RICE & as soon as you are ready to devour this beautifulness, you MIX THE EFF OUT OF EVERYTHING (Yes, even the perfectly cooked egg… just picture that beautiful, smooth & creamy yellow yolk dripping ALL OVA’ DA PLACE. WOAH!). I mean… who doesn’t LOVE A PERFECTLY FRIED EGG? I want it all the time. ON EVERYTHING. EVERYWHERE.
So there you have it munchkins – a colourful veggie-packed bowl with LOADS & LOADS OF PROTEIN, a drippy-AF fried egg, healthy grains & a sweet and tangy sauce!!!! (BUT SHE DON’T STAY THIS BEAUTIFUL FOR TOO LONG!!!)
WHERE ARE YOUR CHOPSTICKS? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? DIG IN!!!!!!!!!
Oh right… it might help if I tell you how to put this BABE together. I know, she looks complicated-AF, BUT IT’S REALLY SO SIMPLE. It took like NO TIME AT ALL & it’s so versatile. You can legit pile on ANYTHING & this babe will taste like HEAVEN. It’s all about the sauce & ‘dat fried egg. The egg is self-explanatory & OH WILL WE GET TO THAT SAUCE SOON. You will die. Melt. Freak. Flip. ALL THOSE THINGS. YA KNOW?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED (P.S. These quantities will give you ENOUGH for THREE BIG-KELLY-IS-HUNGRY-SIZED BOWLS OF WONDERFULNESS. Obvs, if you want SOME ‘MO, JUST INCREASE YOUR QUANTITIES IN PROPORTION. Oh & don’t ask me about proportions & calculations… YOU HAVEN’T EVEN ASKED ME YET & I CAN ALREADY TELL YOU THAT I HAVE NO IDEA. I DON’T DO MATH. C’EST TOUT).
FOR THE GROUND TURKEY/BEEF/CHICKEN MARINADE (I leave the option open to you munchkins – all three meats work PERFECTLY with this recipe, so it’s really a total sitch of WHAT IS YOUR BOD CRAVING? Whatever it’s craving, GIVE IT THAT! KAY?).
- 2 tbsp. of Tamari or soy sauce;
- 2 tsp. of garlic, MINCED;
- 2 tsp. of raw organic honey;
- 2 tsp. of sesame oil;
- 1 tsp. ground ginger;
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes;
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey;
- FOR SAUTÉING, ONCE MARINATED: 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil + 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
FOR THE BOWL:
- 1-½ cups of white-grain rice, COOKED ACCORDING TO PACKAGE DIRECTIONS;
- 1 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 3 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 150g of white mushrooms, THINLY SLICED & SEASONED WITH GARLIC POWDER, FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER & SEA SALT;
- 220g of spinach, SEASONED WITH FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER & SEA SALT;
- 120g of cucumber, THINLY SLICED;
- 140g of broccoli or carrot slaw;
- 150g of my Best Ever Butternut Squash (RECIPE HERE) – P.S. Can you tell I use her a lot & I HAVE A LEGIT OBSESSION WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH?!?! NOW YOU KNOW!;
- 1 tbsp. of organic coconut oil;
- 3 eggs, PERFECTLY COOKEED & SEASONED LIGHTLY WITH SOME FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPA & SEA SALT;
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 3 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 3 tbsp. of organic toasted sesame oil;
- 2 tbsp. of raw organic honey or pure organic maple syrup (THE BATTLE BETWEEN THESE TWO BABES CONTINUES – WHO WILL YOU CHOOSE?! MAPLE SYRUP, ALWAYS!!!!!!);
- ¼ cup of fresh lime juice;
- ¼ cup of gluten-free Tamari or low-sodium soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. of gluten-free hoisin sauce;
- ¼ cup of organic rice vinegar (seasoned or unseasoned, totally up to you, lovies!);
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of onion powder;
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ½ tsp. of dried basil;
- ½ tsp. of dried parsley;
- 1 tsp. of dried chives;
- ¼ – ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- A pinch of cayenne pepper! (YES, JUST A PINCH! IT’S ENOUGH, promise!);
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning!
NOW, HOW DO YOU WHIP THIS BABY UP?!?!
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the MARINADE ingredients, add the ground turkey, seal the bag & turn to coat! YOU CAN EITHER:
- Marinate this in advance, if you have time to plan for the recipe, for about 1-4 hours & refrigerate OR;
- Simply let it marinate it in the fridge while you prep the rest of the recipe & until you are ready to COOK THE EFF OUT OF IT.
- Cook your rice according to package directions (OR IN YOUR TRUSTY RICE COOKER, IF YOU HAVE ONE!).
- Heat your 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Once heated, pour the turkey & marinade into the skillet & sauté until it is no longer pink & is BROWNED-AF!!! This should take anywhere between 6 to 8 minutes! Transfer the cooked YUMMY-AF TURKEY to a cutting board and allow it to cool. Once cooled, CHOP THE EFF OUT OF IT!!!
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE: Simply combine all the beautiful sauce ingredients in a medium metal mixing bowl & WHISK THE FREAKING EFF OUT OF ‘EM UNTIL THEY ARE ALL FULLY COMBINED & A BEAUTIFUL-GORGEOUS-SWEET-TANGY-INCREDIBLY-WONDERFULLY-PERFECT SAUCE IS BORN & RAISED! SET THIS BABY ASIDE (even though the temptation to DRINK HER, LITERALLY, will be HUGE, and I mean, irresistibly HUGE. Please, just listen to me & set her aside. You won’t regret it later. YOU NEED HER. YOU NEED TO POUR HER ALL OVA ‘DA PLACE. AND IF YOU DRINK HER NOW, NO SAUCE LATER. GOT IT?)
- NOW, heat your other tbsp. of olive oil in a medium skillet & heat over MEDIUM heat. Once heated, add 1 clove of garlic, sauté this baby until GARLIC HEAVEN IS ATTAINED & then throw your mushrooms into the skillet, sprinkle them with some salt & peppa, stir continuously & cook until browned!!!! Once the mushrooms are browned, remove from the skillet & set aside. THROW YOUR SPINACH in the same skillet with the two leftover cloves of garlic, drizzle her with some salt & peppa & sauté this green beautifulness until wilted! Once wilted, remove the babe from the heat & set aside as well!
- OKAY, NOW, in the same skillet (You see how AWESOME I AM? I make you dirty the LEAST POSSIBLE DISHES & SKILLETS. I don’t want you to spend your night standing over the sink!!!), heat 1 tsp. of coconut oil OVER MEDIUM HEAT. Once heated, cook the eggs sunny-side up, until the whites are set, BUT YOUR YOLKS ARE STILL RUNNY. Season these beautiful babes (oops, I mean, EGGS) with some freshly ground peppa & sea salt! (GUYS, YOU MUST WATCH YOUR EGGS. CARE FOR YOUR EGGS. LOVE YOUR EGGS. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MULTITASKING OR NETFLIX BIGNING WHEN COOKING AN EGG, OKAY? Unless you want a grossly-overcooked egg… THEN, go back to Netflix, but don’t come crying to me when your yolk doesn’t drip perfectly over all the beautifulness in your BIBIMBAP. I will not feel bad for you if you failed to listen to moi. Got it? Good!
- NOW, FOR THE MOMENT WHEN THIS PERFECTION COMES TOGETHER. YOU WILL DIE. YOU WILL MELT. YOU WILL JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING. Divide the rice among the bowls. Place all the ingredients in small mounds over the rice! HAVE FUN WITH THIS, BABIES. CREATE A RAINBOW. BE CREATIVE. PRETEND THIS IS ARTOWRK (Honestly, it legit looks like it, right? So embrace it!!!). And then, once all the beautifulness is placed over the rice, (CAREFULLY) TOP HER WITH A PERFECTLY-COOKED EGG, POUR THE BEAUTIFUL SAUCE ALL OVER ‘DA PLACE &… *DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!*
OH & HERE IS SOME FOOD PORN YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS!!!!!
ENJOY MY LOVES!!!!!