Kelly’s Thick, Creamy & Rich-AF Vegan & Gluten-Free Garlic Cashew Dressing a.k.a. A-Cashew-Lover’s-Dream-Come-True-Oh-&-Totz-Worth-That-Garlic-Breath
Hi babes!!! <3
How’s your Monday? In case you care, mine’s going okay, BUT WHERE IS THE SUNSHINE? I keep getting like these little glimmers of hope, THEN THE CLOUDS COME BACK. UGH. Anywho, like I said, desperate times. If the weather can’t brighten our days, WHY NOT BRIGHTEN ‘EM WITH YUMMY RECIPES, RIGHT? AND SO, HERE I AM, IN A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO BRIGHTEN YOUR MONDAY WITH NONE OTHER THAN MY HOMEMADE CREAMY-AF GARLIC CASHEW DRESSING. IF THIS DOES NOT WORK, I DON’T KNOW WHAT WILL.
My loves, I guarantee you aren’t ready for this one!!! WOW. NO WORDS. Think: Roasted cashews. Garlic on garlic on garlic. Lime juice. Onion powder. Olive oil. Sesame oil. Yellow mustard. Raw organic honey. White wine vinegar. Sea salt. & Loads of black pepppa!!!! I wish I could put this deliciousness into words, but I’ll let the ingredients & THE TASTE speak for themselves!!!! Miss Piggy has done it again!
LADIES & GENTS, this is Kelly’s Thick, Creamy & Rich-AF Vegan & Gluten-Free Garlic Cashew Dressing a.k.a. A-Cashew-Lover’s-Dream-Come-True-Oh-&-Totz-Worth-That-Garlic-Breath
This dressing is (ALL YOU’VE EVER WANTED):
THICK & CREAMY!
VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE!
So unique, rich, healthy, flavourful & refreshing!!! (ALL IN ONE, BASICALLY, A PACKAGE DEAL!)
She’s also A WAY HEALTHIER VEGAN ALTERNATIVE TO MAYO, so you can use her in dishes you would normally add mayo to, AND DO SO, COMPLETELY GUILT-FREE & KNOWING YOU ARE GETTING TONS OF HEALTHY NUTRIENTS!
Not to mention, she is SUPER-DUPER absolutely perfectly perfect for salads, casseroles, roasted veggies, pasta, fish, tacos, burgers & MORE! (BASICALLY, SHE GOES PERFECTLY WITH & ON ANYTHING!!!!)
Before we delve into the nitty-gritty of this babe, I have one question!!!! (I swear, JUST ONE!) Did you munchkins know how good garlic actually is for you!?!?! Kay, well I didn’t know either, UNTIL NOW. UNTIL I SMARTENED UP & DID MY RESEARCH (As I’ve been doing with just about everything lately!) & IT’S THAT TIME. NUTRITION-101 WITH KELLY IN THE KITCH, but a really-really-really expedited version. BASICALLY, why is garlic so good for us?
In a nutshell, I’m talking about the following benefits, babes!!!
& Heart-disease preventing effects.
BASICALLY, THE MORE GARLIC YOU CONSUME, THE MORE EFFECTS IT’LL HAVE ON YOUR HEALTH! #WINNING (THIS MEANS YOU SHOULD CONSUME THIS DRESSING IN LARGE QUANTITIES, ya know, in case you didn’t catch my drift!!!).
Aside from all her nutritional benefits, what’s the best part about this babe? SHE IS SO, SO, SO, SO, SO EASY TO MAKE!!!
BUT BEFORE I TELL YOU HOW TO MAKE HER, LET’S FIRST DISCUSS WHAT YOU GOTTA FIND IN YOUR PANTRIES!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/3 cup of roasted organic cashews (P.S. If you don’t have or don’t LOVE cashews, you cray-cray. No, but seriously, if you prefer not to use cashews for whatever reason, I’ve tried this baby with walnuts in the past & she was DELISH–AF ALSO!!! Just don’t freak out when your dressing is not as bright as it is in my pictures because I used cashews & for some reason, the dressing comes out brighter with them than with the walnuts!);
- 4-5 garlic cloves, MINCED;
- 1/8 cup of lime juice;
- 1/8 cup of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 tsp. of organic toasted sesame oil;
- 1 tbsp. of organic yellow mustard;
- 1 tbsp. of raw organic honey (or brown sugar, if you prefer!);
- 1 tbsp. of organic white wine vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. of onion powder;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- LOADS freshly ground black pepper;
- OPTIONAL: THROW IN SOME CAPERS for a more salty touch!
- ½ cup of water (1/4 cup of water added at a time, but we will discuss that after!).
OKAY, NOW TO WHIP UP THIS BEAUTIFUL-CREAMINESS, let me explain how hard you DON’T have to work!! You ready?
TO ROAST ‘DEM CASHEWS (So simple!!!): Preheat your oven to 350F & lay the cashews out on a baking sheet in a FLAT LAYER (a.k.a. DO NOT PILE THEM). Sprinkle them with some organic Himalayan pink sea salt, a splash of organic extra-virgin olive oil & toast them for 5-6 minutes OR UNTIL FRAGRANT (You know that really nutty, yummy, delish, cannot-resist-you SMELL? Ya, that one!!!)
OKAY, now, combine all these BEAUTIFUL-AF INGREDIENTS (except for the water) in the bowl of your food processor or blender. BLEND THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM UNTIL SMOOTH.
Once you finish blending for the first time, add ¼ cup of water & blend again to obtain a more liquid consistency. If you are satisfied with the consistency obtained after the first ¼ cup of water, VOILÁ, STOP HERE! YOUR DRESSING IS READY TO BE DEVOURED. If not & if you prefer an even more liquid-y consistency, add another ¼ cup of water & blend again!!!!!
P.S. The desired consistency will also depend on what you intend to use the dressing for!
- If you’re using it for salad or roasted veggies, I definitely recommend adding at least ¼ cup (if not the whole ½ cup) of water.
- BUT, if you were going to use it as more of a pasta sauce, a marinade or mayo, I would add only ¼ cup of water so that it maintains a thicker consistency that will adhere better to the meats/fish/poultry you are marinating it with OR so that it will have a creamier pasta-sauce texture.
TOTALLY UP TO YOU MY LOVES, but these are my suggestions! (And usually, YOU TAKE ‘EM & YOU SUCCEED AT LIFE, RIGHT? So take ‘em!!!!!!).
What’s wonderful about this beautiful dressing is that she can keep well in the refrigerator (if sealed in an airtight container, OBVS!!!) for up to 1 WEEK. But, as always, UNLESS YOU LIKE QUADRUPLE OR CINQTUPLE (Uh, is that a word?!) your batch, she most probably WILL NOT last that long anyway!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!!!!
JUST THE PERF AMOUNT OF CREAM, RIGHT?
ENJOY MES AMOURS! XOXO <3 <3 <3 <3