Hi babies!! <3 <3
Happy FriYAY night!
IN CELEBRATION OF THE WEEKEND (FINALLY), I THOUGHT… what better than to whip up some beautiful TURKEY LETTUCE WRAPS?!? Not to mention, I JUST HAD to come up with a recipe to incorporate the scrumptiously-delish homemade mango salsa I whipped up this morning… & well, DON’T GET ME STARTED ABOUT HOW WELL A HEALTHY HOMEMADE SALSA PAIRS WITH SAUTÉED GROUND TURKEY & VEGGIES IN A SAVOURY & SWEET SAUCE & ROMAINE LETTUCE. Uh, too bad. You already have me started. & We all know I LOVE TO RANT, so you munchkins could be here all night, really. But, I’ll try my best to get to that nitty-gritty STAT. Promise!
Ladies & gents, I present you with Kelly’s Healthy-AF Maple Sesame Soy Ground Turkey, Celery, Mushroom & Onion Lettuce Wraps Garnished with the Most Beautiful Homemade Mango Salsa a.k.a. These-Babes-Took-Me-To-Some-Sort-of-Paradise-Not-Sure-Where-I-Am-But-It-Sure-As-Eff-Is-GORGEOUS! (Yep, yep, YET ANOTHER, “Long name, Amazing results” sitch. You mad, brah? Oh well!).
My loves, I cannot stress enough how IMPORTANT it is to NOURISH YOUR BODIES with the right nutrients & most importantly, THE RIGHT AMOUNTS of said nutrients. I’ve learned so much in the few short months I’ve been through in my journey towards anorexia recovery (& I’m sure I’ve still got TONS TO LEARN!). But, all this to say that these babies are the epitome of NOURISHING YOUR BODY. What do I mean? Listen up.
I’m talking 30 GRAMS OF PROTEIN.
19 GRAMS OF FIBRE.
ONLY 12 GRAMS OF SUGAR, all of which is 100% NATURAL & UNREFINED.
LOADED with Vitamins A & C and IRON.
Basically, I don’t know what excuse you could even come up with NOT TO WHIP THESE BABIES UP. There really is virtually NO REASON AT ALL. So what are you waiting for? Oh right… it might be useful if I told you guys what you needed & how to combine all that yumminess together! So let’s get right to it!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 250g of ground turkey;
- LOADS OF ROMAINE LETTUCE a.k.a. YOUR WRAPS!
- 2 tbsp. of organic coconut oil or organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1 large sweet white onion, DICED;
- 120g of white mushrooms, SLICED & CHOPPED;
- 100g of celery, CHOPPED FINELY;
- ¼ cup of low-sodium soy sauce/Tamari or soy sauce substitute;
- ¼ cup of pure organic maple syrup or raw organic honey;
- 1/8 cup of organic apple cider vinegar;
- 3 tbsp. of fresh lime juice;
- 3 tbsp. of organic seasoned rice vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of organic toasted (OR NOT – whatever you munchkins have!) sesame oil;
- 2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 2 tsp. of onion powder;
- 1 tsp. of ginger powder;
- 1 tsp. of dried basil;
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper (or more, if necessary! – once again, all about preference, my loves!);
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning;
- 150g of my Homemade Mangolicious Salsa (RECIPE HERE) & MORE splashes of lime juice for garnish!
- LOADS of freshly ground black pepper & dried parsley flakes for garnish!
- OPTIONAL: Red pepper chilli flakes, sesame seeds, Sriracha or yellow mustard for garnish! (OR ALL OF THE ABOVE FOR A FUN, FLAVOURFUL, SAVOURY COMBINATION!).
NOW, TO PUT THESE BABIES TOGETHER… Guys, you’re going to FLIP OUT at how simple this is. I’m not even kidding. Like, tell me you don’t look at the pic of these babes & think that they took AT LEAST AN HOUR to prepare… WELL, THINK AGAIN! These babes take NO MORE THAN 30 MINUTES. Yup, you munchkins read VERY WELL. 30-freaking minutes to whip up this beautifulness. I’ll take it, you?
OKAY, here we go babies:
- Heat 2 tbsp. of coconut oil in a large non-stick skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT (No. Not high. I SAID MEDIUM-HIGH. THERE’S A DIFFERENCE, PEOPLE). Add the garlic & sauté until fragrant & slightly browned.
- Once the garlic is FRAGRANT, basically, once your kitch is TRANSFORMED INTO GARLIC HEAVEN, add the onion, mushrooms & celery to the skillet & sauté for about 3-4 minutes, until the veggies are ALMOST cooked through & browned.
- NOW…. LOWER YOUR HEAT TO MEDIUM & ADD DAT GROUND TURKEY!
- Throw in ALL THE SAUCE INGREDIENTS (I’m talkin’ the soy sauce, maple syrup, apple cider, lime juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder, dried basil dried parsley, salt & peppa!). Stir this beautiful lean & protein-packed babe (I’m talking about the turkey, babies) to combine it with the sauce ingredients & the veggie mixture & crumble it into tiny pieces of perfectly-perfect goodness with a wooden spoon or spatula! Cook for approximately 5-6 minutes or until the turkey is browned!
- Add about ¼ cup of turkey mixture to each romaine leaf, top THIS BEAUTIFULNESS with infinite amounts of my homemade Mangolicious Salsa (SHE’S GUILT-FREE, SO WHY THE EFF NOT?), a few splashes of fresh lime juice, loads of freshly ground black pepper, dried parsley flakes & some of the optional toppings! TBH, I don’t even know why I make ‘em optional! Turkey lettuce wraps SHOULD ALWAYS BE TOPPED WITH TONS & LOADS & TONS OF BEAUTIFULNESS. Basically, top the babies with EVERYTHING!!!!
- Serve the babes HOTTTTT & DEVOURRRRR. Oh, btw, I’m just warning you, you will probably cry when you finish your plate… because, you will go for SECONDS, but there will be NO SECONDS. There will sadly be NOTHING LEFT!!!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!
Enjoy babies!!! Xoxo!!!