Creamy-AF Coconut Milk Curried Cauliflower Soup a.k.a. Best-Ever-Warm-Beautiful-Velvety-Creamy-Smooth-&-Tasty-Party-In-Your-Mouth
Hi lovies!!! <3 <3 <3
Happy SaturYAY! 🙂 I hope all you munchkins are having a great start to your weekend!
CURRENT SITCH IN MY KITCH (Well, rather, sitch in my kitch at 6:40 this morning!!): CREAMY-AF COCONUT MILK CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP in the making!!!! Uh, WOAH, just the description of this baby HAD ME AT HELLO! Basically, this all started out as a recipe request from one of my (VERY LOYAL) followers to concoct something beautiful with none other than, DELISH COCONUT MILK. AND so, she put me to the challenge & I put my mind to work! And then, SUDDENLY, THIS BABE OF AN IDEA, OR RATHER, THIS BABE OF A SOUP, WAS BORN!!!
Now, not only was this beautiful baby born in my kitch this morning, BUT, SHE WAS BORN WITH ALL OF YOU MUNCHKINS IN MIND. What do I mean, you ask?
& MOST OF ALL, what’s great about this recipe is that the coconut milk only goes in at the very end. THEREFORE, IF YOU, FOR SOME CRAY-CRAY INSANE-WTF REASON ARE NOT INTO COCONUT MILK, you can still whip this baby up & do so without the coco milk or sub her for another plant-based milk, cooking cream, regular milk or skim milk!
BASICALLY, WHAT I MEANT WAS THAT THIS SOUP SATISFIES ALL DIETARY RESTRICTIONS & ALL TASTEBUDS! See how much I love you munchkins?
OKAY, so that was more technical, NOW, LET’S TALK ABOUT THE TASTE & ERGO, BEAUTIFUL SAVOURY SMELL OF THIS BABY… THINK: Garlicky, browned sweet white onion. Cauliflower FOR DAYS. TURMERIC. CUMIN. GARLIC POWDER. ONION POWDER. GROUND GINGER. COCONUT MILK (DUH!!!) & loads of FUN-AF toppings that we will get to later!!!
Now, I don’t think that I need to describe the smell of this baby to you munchkins because the ingredients SPEAK WONDERS TO ME, ergo, they speak for themselves. But, just in case you guys are wondering, the smell was so delicious, impossible to resist & scrumptious, that I tasted this baby at around 7:30 AM. Somebody please tell me that it’s okay to devour soup at that time. I NEED SOME REASSURANCE. STAT.
OH, & how could I forget? I told you munchkins about the taste & the smell of this BABE… BUT OH MY GOODNESS, THE TEXTURE!!!!! I don’t know about you guys, but I’m all FOR CREAMY, SMOOTH, RICH & WARM SOUPS & this babe is ALL OF THAT & MORE!!!! She’s legit VELVET. She melts in your mouth. She makes you happy. She legit throws a party in your mouth. AND, SHE MAKES YOUR TUMMY DANCE!!!
Anywho, I think I’ve tempted you munchkins enough with the description of this babe. It’s time to get down to the NITTY-GRITTY. Ya dig? If not, I can keep going… we all know how much I LOVE TO RANT. But I figured I’d spare you guys some time (FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE!!). SO APPRECIATE IT. This ain’t going to happen very often, that, I can guarantee.
OKAY, HERE WE GO!!! Admit you are FLIPPIN’ OUT.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 tbsp. of organic coconut oil or organic extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to serve (YUMMMY!);
- 2 medium sweet white onions, THINLY SLICED;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt, plus more to season!;
- 4 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1 LARGE head of cauliflower (about 2 pounds), TRIMMED & CUT INTO CAULI-FLORETS;
- 4 ½ cups of water (You can totz. sub the water for beef/chicken/veggie broth, if you prefer! It will obvs. give your soup more FLAVA, but will also increase sodium content. UNLESS OF COURSE, YOU USE LOW SODIUM BROTH, then… you are #WINNING!);
- ½ tsp. of ground turmeric;
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of onion powder;
- 1 ¼ tsp. of ground cumin;
- ¼ tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1 cup of organic coconut milk;
- Freshly ground black pepper for seasoning!
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: BABES, THESE SHOULDN’T BE OPTIONAL. DO IT. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT, KAY?
- A dash of coconut oil or olive oil!
- ¼ cup of roasted cashew halves (for garnish!) (P.S. The instructions on how to roast these babes, WHICH IS SUPER FREAKING SIMPLE, is listed below! KEEP READING, MUNCHKINS!)!
- ¼ cup of Italian parsley, FINELY CHOPPED!
- & For some SPICE, red pepper chilli flakes!
Now, WAIT ‘TILL YOU SEE HOW SIMPLE & EASY IT IS TO WHIP THIS BABY UP. You won’t believe me (or your eyes). I SWEAR. You ready, munchkins? Here we go!!!!
- Heat the oil in a large pot over MEDIUM HEAT until simmering.
- ONCE THE OIL IS SIMMMMERING-AF, add the onions & ¼ tsp. of sea salt & cook ‘dem onions until they are soft & translucent (This should take between 8 & 9 minutes, lovies!).
- Once the babes (YES, the onions) are cooked, reduce your heat to LOW, add the garlic & cook this wonderfulness for an additional 2 minutes! (GUYS, YOUR GOAL IS TO GET YOUR KITCH TO SMELL LIKE GARLIC HEAVEN, AS ALWAYS!). So, when garlic heaven hits, Y’ALL ARE READY FOR THE NEXT STEP.
- NOW IT’S THAT TIME. Add the cauliflower, water (or broth), turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, ginger, and remaining ¼ tsp. of sea salt. Bring ALL THIS BEAUTIFULNESS to a boil over MEDIUM-HIGH heat, then reduce the heat to LOW (I know munchkins, there is A HECK OF A LOT OF REDUCING & INCREASING THE HEAT WITH THIS BABY – But trust me, it’s NECESSARY & WORTH IT, okay? It basically means you MUST remain committed to your cauli-soup. NO MULTITASKING FOR YOU, GLEN COCO!!!).
- Simmer THIS YELLOW-ISH WONDERFULNESS until cauliflower is fork-tender, about 15 minutes (GUYS, did you not melt at the sight of all the beautiful spices being added to your pot? Like… NOT ONLY IS THE SIGHT FREAKING BEAUTIFUL, BUT THE SMELL. BYE!).
- ONCE THE CAULI IS FORK-TENDER, working in batches (If your blender is not BIG enough. I mean… I have THE BREVILLE BOSS, so mine is MASSIVE, but I totz understand if you’re not a blender fiend like me & if you have a reasonable-sized one. NOT JUDGING YOU, swear!) PURÉE the soup until SMOOTH & CREAMY-AF.
- Once your soup reaches that desired consistency, return the soup to the pot & STIR IN ‘DAT COCO MILK or other milky substitute (If you’re not adding coconut milk or any other milky-yumminess, YOUR SOUP IS READY & YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO DEVOUR THE EFF OUT OF IT). But, if you’re OBSESSED WITH ‘DA COCO (or should I say, IN LOVE WITH ‘DA COCO) like moi, stir in the coco milk & warm the soup! TASTE & ADD MORE SALT & PEPPA OR SPICES IF YOU WOULD LIKE (Btw, this applies if you’re not using the coco milk, as well!).
- NOW, TO SERVE THIS BABY: Ladle her into bowls & garnish her with a handful of toasted cashews, some fresh Italian parsley, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes (if you’re into ‘dat spiciness) & a dash of coconut oil or olive oil for garnish! NOW, YOU REALLY HAVE PERMISSION TO DEVOUR HER (Sorry, I sorta fooled you before – I mean, what’s a soup without ‘dem toppings, right?).
- P.S. To toast the babes, OOOOOPS I MEAN ‘DA CASHEWS, preheat your oven to 350F & lay the cashews out on a baking sheet in a FLAT LAYER (a.k.a. DO NOT PILE THEM). Sprinkle them with some organic Himalayan pink sea salt & toast them for 5-6 minutes OR UNTIL FRAGRANT (You know that really nutty, yummy, delish, cannot-resist-you SMELL? Ya, that one!!!).
OH & FOOOOOOD PORN FTW!!!
Enjoy babes!!! <3 xoxo!!!