Heavenly & Fluffy-AF Clean-Eating Egg White & Veggie-Loaded Scramble a.k.a. That-Protein-“Pick-Me-Up”-Lunch-That-You’ll-Cry-Over-When-She’s-Devoured-Oh-&-Cheese-Always!
Hi my loves! <3 <3
Happy FRIYAY!!! 🙂 I legit have all the feels – why, you ask? UHHHH, ‘CAUSE: HELLO WEEKEND!!!
TODAY (for the SECOND time), I come to you with NONE OTHER THAN MY LUNCH GOALS!!!! But like… DO YOU SEE THIS BAE? If you’re having one of those “OMG-I’m exhausted-can’t-walk-can’t-talk-can’t-keep-my-eyes-open” kind of days, then this baby is the PERFECT LUNCH FOR YOU!! Why, you ask? ‘CAUSE SHE’S PACKED & LOADED WITH PROTEIN, so she’s guaranteed to give you that afternoon BOOST & keep you going ALL DAY LONG (& let’s be honest, on a FriYAY, we all need that extra push to get through the dreadful afternoon that feels like, NEVERENDING.
The best part is, you get a 2-FOR-1 with this munchkin. YOU GET THAT BOOST BUT YOU ALSO GET TO DEVOUR SOMETHING SO FREAKING DELICIOUS, YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO STOP… until that sad, sad, very heart-wrenching moment when you look down at your plate & it’s uhhh… empty?! WOAH. Worst feeling ever WHEN SOMETHING TASTES THIS GOOD.
OH, & AS IF I WOULD FORGET, when I mentioned she was packed & loaded with protein, I totally meant to tell you munchkins… 29 GRAMS OF PROTEIN & I’LL JUST THROW IN A LIL’ SOMETHING ELSE: 21 GRAMS OF FIBRE!!!
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Heavenly & Fluffy-AF Clean-Eating Egg White & Veggie-Loaded Scramble a.k.a. That-Protein-“Pick-Me-Up”-Lunch-That-You’ll-Cry-Over-When-She’s-Devoured-Oh-&-Cheese-Always!
This babe is awesome for so many reasons & on so many levels. BUT, since I know you’re DYING to know what goes into making this babe & how to go about doing so, I won’t keep you for long. Basically, in a nutshell:
she’s super-duper-incredibly nutritious & delicious (YA, we’re talking TWO-FOR-ONE, TWO-BIRDS-ONE-STONE, ya know?);
she’s simple, quick & easy to whip up (I mean, by now, you’ve gotten used to all that chopping, mincing, dicing, cubing & all that fun stuff, right? DO YOU MUNCHKINS SEE THE SKILL I’M HELPING YOU MASTER?);
she will LITERALLY pick-you-up when you’re feeling exhausted-AF;
SHE’S REFINED SUGAR-FREE;
OKAY FINE, no, NOT BYE!!! DRUMROLL PLEASE. IT’S THAT TIME. INGREDIENTS TIME. Ya dig?
MY LOVES, YOU WILL NEED:
- 8 organic egg whites;
- 1-2 tbsp. of organic coconut oil or organic extra-virgin olive oil (I used coconut, because, well… you all know about my LOVE for coconut, right? If you didn’t, NOW YOU DO!!! BUT, olive oil will work perfectly, as well! So it’s all about preference, my loves!);
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, MINCED (I used three cause I just ADORE my garlic, but it’s totally up to you, my loves! Depends how GARLICKY you want your breath to smell, YUM! Kidding, EW!);
- 1 large sweet white onion, CHOPPED-AF;
- 130g of bell peppers, CUBED;
- 150g of cherry tomatoes, HALVED;
- 200g of broccoli florets, STEMS CHOPPED;
- 200g of spinach (OKAY, but do you munchkins see the effort I am making to stay faithful to this babe? Like, I could’ve easily loaded this babe of a scramble with some Kale, BUT I DECIDED TO DEDICATE MY LOVE TO SPINACH & THAT’S WHAT I AM GOING TO (TRY) TO CONTINUE TO KEEP DOING. I won’t lie, it’s hard, very hard… but A for effort, right? AND SO FAR, SO GOOD!);
- ¼ cup of fresh basil, CHOPPED;
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of onion powder;
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ½ tsp. of dried oregano;
- ½ tsp. of dried parsley;
- ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning;
- 3 tbsp. of Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast (OBVS. I think at this point, it’s safe to say that I need a little CHEESE in all my recipes. So basically, I hope you munchkins like cheese. BYE!);
AND THAT’S A WRAP MY LOVES! I told you it was pretty simple. I mean… the only annoying part is all the chopping, halving, slicing & mincing I’m making you do, BUT AS ALWAYS, I promise you that it’s SO WORTH IT, literally.
OKAY, now, combine all this beautifulness & she’s ready. LAWLZ, just kidding!!! Obviously I’m going to give you guys the rundown because I’m just awesome like that! (If you beg to differ, sorry, but we can no longer be friends. PEACE! Okay wow, I’m being über rude, sorry lovies, I love y’all!). OKAY, here goes!!!!
- Heat 2 tbsp. of coconut oil/olive oil in a non-stick skillet over MEDIUM HEAT (No, NOT HIGH!);
- Once heated, add the garlic & onion to the skillet & sauté over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned & fragrant (a.k.a. UNTIL YOUR KITCH SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN & YOU’RE STARTING TO HAVE TROUBLE RESISTING – ALREADY? YES. I’m not judging you, do not worry. I had trouble too #noshame);
- When both the garlic & onion are lightly browned & the onion looks translucent (a.k.a. fancy for TRANSPARENT), add the bell peppers, cherry tomatoes & broccoli & season the EFF out of these babies with the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, oregano, parsley, black pepper & sea salt. MAKE SURE ALL YOUR VEGGIES ARE EVENLY COATED (We’ve been over this. They should not feel jealous of one another, okay? SHOW THEM THE LOVE THAT THEY DESERVE, PLEASE & THANK YOU);
- Once all your veggies are browned, cooked through & look FREAKING DELISH (OH & not to mention, the GODLY smell in your kitch), add your spinach, basil & cilantro to the skillet & sauté THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM (Yes, again!!!!) until the spinach is wilted & the herbs are cooked!
- NOWWWW, THAT BEAUTIFUL MOMENT WHERE YOUR DISH BECOMES PROTEIN-RICH-AF: Gently pour the egg whites over the veggie mixture, add the Parm/Romano/nutritional yeast OR ALL!!!!! & lower the heat to MEDIUM-LOW.
- STIR CONTINUOUSLY FOR 1-2 MINUTES until the egg whites are COMBINED with all your beautiful veggies & cooked (BUT NOT BURNT!!!). Be careful, lovies! These babes are VERY EASY to burn, so please, CARE FOR YOUR EGG WHITES. WATCH YOUR EGG WHITES. LOVE YOUR EGG WHITES.
- Once cooked, remove your beautiful egg white scramble from the heat! Drizzle the babe with some freshly ground black pepper, more parsley flakes & some MORE CHEESE/NUTRITIONAL YEAST!!!! (I did tell you munchkins that these babes was CHEESY-AF, right?);
- DEVOURRRRR! (P.S. One word of advice: You should totz make this when you’re home alone… YOU WILL NOT WANT TO SHARE IT WITH ANYONE & it’s so much easier not to share when nobody is around, right? BAHAHA, me so evil).
FOOD PORN, ANYONE?!?!
Enjoy my loves!! <3 xoxo!