Creamy-AF Gluten-Free & Vegan Garlic Almond Milk Fettuccine Tossed With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes & Fresh Chopped Cilantro a.k.a. On-The-Fluffiest-AF-Garlic-Cloud-Oh-&-No-Butter-No-Cream-But-It’ll-Be-Our-Dirty-Little-Secret!
Hello again babies!!! <3 <3
Hope you all had a good day! 🙂
I am back, YES, for the THIRD TIME, today with none other than TONIGHT’S DINNER GOALS!! & WELL, I’M DEAD, YOU?
This is my take on creamy vegan garlic fettuccine with ROASTED TOMATOES. Basically, this baby sent me to CREAMY PASTA HEAVEN. WHAT IS IT, YOU ASK? I’m talking INSANELY CLEAN & HEALTHY INGREDIENTS.
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Creamy-AF Gluten-Free & Vegan Garlic Almond Milk Fettuccine Tossed With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes & Fresh Chopped Cilantro a.k.a. On-The-Fluffiest-AF-Garlic-Cloud-Oh-&-No-Butter-No-Cream-But-It’ll-Be-Our-Dirty-Little-Secret!
THINK: ALMOND MILK. NUTRITIONAL YEAST. LOADS (& I mean it when I say, LOADS) OF GARLIC & SHALLOTS. FRESH CHOPPED CILANTRO. Roasted-AF CHERRY TOMATOES. & of course, PERFECTLY-BOILED AL DENTÉ GLUTEN-FREE FETTUCINE NOODLES.
Oh & if all this wasn’t enough to tempt you munchkins, know that this is a 30-minute meal (NOT EVEN!) that is virtually fool-proof. In other words, while you get your sauce going by sautéing the garlic & shallots in olive oil, you roast your tomatoes. When you roast tomatoes in a little olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder & peppa, it enhances their natural flava & gives them an almost SMOKY, FIRE-ROASTED TASTE… this, paired with the CREAMY GARLIC SAUCE, WOAH. Basically, this BABE OF A PLATE is:
SO SIMPLE, yet she’s flavourful!
Warm, comfort-food-feeling & SUPA SATISFYING.
Babies, serve this dish with some steamed, roasted or boiled veggies & some WHITE VINO et voilà, you just turned your date night into ITALIAN NIGHT. #winning.
OH &… you don’t have to tell anybody that there’s no butter or cream in this baby – it’s our little secret, PLUS, NOBODY WILL NOTICE ANYWAYS!
KAY, it’s time to get to the NITTY-GRITTY!!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- YOUR FAVE WHOLE WHEAT PASTA (such as, penne, linguini or fettuccine! Up to you, lovies! Give your bod whatever it desires, whatever it’s in the mood for, WHATEVER YOU ARE CRAVING – YOU DESERVE IT!), BOILED AL DENTÉ;
- 3 cups of cherry tomatoes, HALVED;
- 1 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 medium shallots, DICED (TINY AF!!);
- 8 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- More sea salt & freshly ground black peppa!
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of onion powder;
- 3-4 tbsp. of gluten-free all purpose flour or cornstarch! (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour & my plate looks like the beautiful photo pictured above. If you use cornstarch & she does not turn out this way, I DENY ALL LIABILITY. BYE!).
- 2 ½ cups (600 ml) of unsweetened organic plain almond milk! (If you’re not into almond milk, THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES. DO NOT PANIC:
- You can totz. use another plant-based milk (I’m talking cashew, macadamia or soy milk!);
- OR regular dairy milk, but then, YOUR RECIPE IS NO LONGER VEGAN!
- OR another suggestion is to replace the milk entirely with veggie/chicken stock, if you prefer!
- BASICALLY, MY LOVES, THERE IS ALWAYS A SOLUTION! WHEN THERE’S A WILL (& NOT TO MENTION, AN ÜBER CREATIVE MIND), THERE IS A WAY!
- ½ cup of Parm/Romano/shredded cheddar or nutritional yeast! (OR ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!). BUT, KEEP IN MIND, IF YOU GO PARM, ROMANO OR CHEDDAR, YOUR RECIPE IS NO LONGER VEGAN!
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, CHOPPED;
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsleyCHOPPED;
Okay, I am really genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, SORRY TO BRAG, but can the ingredients in this beautiful plate of creamy-AF pasta get any more clean & healthy? I honestly don’t see how they could… any takers? Didn’t think so!!!! It’s amazing how it’s legit possible to create COMFORT FOOD with the HEALTHIEST INGREDIENTS – You just gotta put your mind to work (I know… you’re not down. BUT THAT’S WHY YOU HAVE ME, KELLY IN THE KITCH. I’M HERE FOR YOU & I LOVE YA! <3).
Now that you munchkins have laid ALL THEM BEAUTIFUL-AF INGREDIENTS out on your counters, I think it’s time I tell you how to whip this babe up. BUT FIRST, I just want to let you munchkins in on the NUTRITIONAL PUNCH of this babe. I promise, it’ll be quick!!! Listen up!
We’re talking 19 WHOLE GRAMS OF PROTEIN.
23 GRAMS OF FIBRE (Hi baby, I love you!!).
FULL & I mean, FULL of healthy, clean plant-based ingredients, guaranteed to satisfy you, keep you fill & provide you with tons of essential nutrients! My loves, can I just let you in on a few of the reasons why ALMOND MILK (which is essentially the base for this creamy sauce) IS THE SH*T? Thanks for your permission. It is greatly appreciated (& even if I did not have it, I would proceed to tell you why anyways!!!):
- The baby will keep your heart healthy – It contains no cholesterol or saturated fat, is low in sodium & high in healthy fats (I’m talking all that omega fatty acid stuff found in fish!), which helps prevent high blood pressure & heart disease. #WINNING!
- OKAY, I will admit it doesn’t provide AS MUCH calcium as regular milk, BUT, it does provide 30% of the RDA, as well as 25% of the RDA of Vitamin D, which means, it contributes to keeping your bones healthy & improving your immune function!!!!
- Aside from this lovelinesssss, almond milk will keep your skin glowing!!! It contains 50% of the RDA of Vitamin E, which contains antioxidant properties essential to your skin’s health!
- Almond milk will BARELY impact your blood sugar! It’s TOTALLY LOW IN CARBS, which means it will not increase your blood sugar & therefore will help reduce your risk for diabetes. Basically, due to its low glycemic index, your bod will use the carbs as energy & the sugars won’t be stored as fat!!!
- THE BABE CONTRIBUTES TO MUSCLE STRENGTH, GROWTH & HEALING! It contains tons of B vitamins, i.e. iron & riboflavin!
- It will KEEP YOUR DIGESTION IN CHECK! (THANK YOU FIBRE. BYE!)
- THIS BABY CONTAINS NO LACTOSE, therefore, it is SUPER EASY TO DIGEST!
OKAY, sorry!!!! That went WAY LONGER THAN EXPECTED. I hope you learned a lil’ something about the benefits of almond milk!!!! NOW, it’s time for me to reveal how to whip this baby up! YOU READY?
- Preheat your oven to 400F!;
- Toss the tomatoes in 1 tbsp. of olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder & freshly ground black pepper! Place THE BABIES (I mean, the tomatoes!) cut side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Cook your FAVE PASTA according to package instructions. When done, drain, cover and set aside;
- In the meantime, prepare THE BEAUTIFUL-AF CREAMY SMOOTH SAUCE In a large skillet over MEDIUM-LOW HEAT, add 2 tbsp. of olive oil and the garlic and shallots. Add sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder & onion powder & stir frequently, cooking for 3-4 minutes until softened and fragrant (A.K.A. GARLIC HEAVEN!!!)
- Stir in 3-4 tbsp. of GF flour & mix with a WHISK!! Once combined, slowly whisk in the almond milk a little at a time so clumps don’t form. Add another healthy pinch of salt and black pepper, bring to a simmer and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes to thicken. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- NOW, MAKE THIS BABY EVEN YUMMMMMMIER & CHEEESIER. You ready? Add in your Parm/Romano/cheddar or NUTRITIONAL YEAST!!
- Once the sauce is to your desired thickness, taste & adjust seasonings as needed (You can even add some red pepper chili flakes to add some spice to the babe!!!!);
- AHHHH THE TOMATOES ARE FOR SURE READY BY NOW!!!!
- NOW, IT’S THAT TIME. YOUR BABE IS ABOUT TO COME TOGETHER. ADD YOUR PASTA TO THE CREAMY-AF SAUCE, THEN THROW IN THE ROASTED TOMATOES & CHOPPED CILANTRO & STIRRRRR all this gorgeousness together to combine on LOW HEAT for about 1-2 minutes! Remove from heat!
- PLATE YOUR BABY! Garnish her with some ‘mo freshly ground black peppa & some more CHEEEEEEESE!
- SERVE THE BABY RIGHT AWAY (I MEAN… you won’t be able to resist doing so anyways, let’s be honest… LIKE, I ALREADY WANTED TO DEVOUR HER HALFWAY THROUGH MY DINNA PREP… Drizzle the babes with extra freshly ground black pepper & some more cheese or nutritional yeast! NOMMMMNOMNOMNOM!