HIIIII my loves!! <3 <3
Back again, with the fourth recipe of the day, WADDUP!?!
Now, I come to you munchkins with NONE OTHER THAN TONIGHT’S DINNER GOALS. Basically, she’s a one-bowl (Well rather, one plate, if we want to be exact) TURMERIC COUSCOUS WONDER & boy, will she make your mind WONDER, WANDER, WONDER. BOTH? Fine. Both. No, but seriously lovies, it amazes me how this beautiful babe came together so simply, so quickly & so easily. YET, she is freaking gorg & legit tastes like a whole-day-slaving-in-the-kitch-sitch.
My loves, THINK: Perfectly-cooked AF couscous, juicy cherry tomatoes, white flaked tuna, chopped-AF cauliflower, crispy fresh spinach, LOADS (& I’M TALKING, LOADS) of CHOPPED-AF fresh cilantro & parsley, all this beautifulness warmed up & tossed in a light, yet spicy TURMERIC, organic extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar & lemon sauce. OH & GARNISHED WITH DRIED PARSLEY FLAKES, FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER & LOADS OF NUTRITIONAL YEAST (or Parm/Romano!!!). ADMIT YOU’RE DYING MY LOVES. I can’t.
Ladies & gents, this is Kelly’s One-Plate Healthy-AF Turmeric Couscous Wonder a.k.a. Taking-You-Back-to-My-Morrocan-Roots-With-The-Fluffiest-Comfort-Food-That-You-Ever-Did-See-Oops-I-Mean-DEVOUR.(P.S. IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING, I AM MOROCCAN & WE LIKE COUSCOUS!!!!).
P.S. I LEGIT missed couscous so much (EFF YOU ANOREXIA, I HAD COUSCOUS TONIGHT & I AIN’T EVEN MAD BRAH) & I’m proud to say I’m back on the couscous bandwagon!!!
No but seriously, this babe is F-awesome. She rings in at a whopping 25 grams of protein & 17 grams of fibre! WOAH. INSANITY. I swear. The best part is that these protein & fibre-packed dishes are so delicious; you would NEVER think they are THIS healthy. BUT I SWEAR, THEY ARE. THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING. Anywho, if you want the proof, LET’S GET RIGHT TO THEM INGREDIENTS, YA DIG?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE COUSCOUS BOWL:
- ½ cup of organic whole-wheat couscous;
- 1-2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 120g of cherry tomatoes, HALVED;
- 150g of cauliflower, CHOPPED-AF;
- 120g of spinach;
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, CHOPPED;
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- 1 can of organic white-flaked tuna in water (or in oil, if you prefer!);
- 1 tsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- ¼ cup of Parm/Romano/nutritional yeast (OR ALL OF THE ABOVE) for garnish!
- 2 tsp. of dried parsley flakes & 1 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper for garnish!
FOR THE TURMERIC, OLIVE OIL & LEMON SAUCE:
- ¼ cup of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- ¼ cup of organic red wine vinegar;
- 4 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- 2 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar;
- ½ -1 tbsp. of raw organic honey (This all depends on HOW SWEET you want your sauce to be, but honestly, the combination of the savoury turmeric & citrusy lemon with ONE TABLESPOON, YES, A WHOLE TABLESPOON OF HONEY, is über necessary IMO, but up to you lovies!);
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, MINCED (It all depends HOW BAD YOU WANT YOUR GARLIC BREATH TO SMELL. EW).
- 2 tsp. of ground turmeric;
- 1 tsp. of dried oregano;
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of onion powder;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt.
THAT’S IT. THAT’S ALL. CLEAN & HEALTHY-AF, right? The best part is that when you devour all this fluffy-AF deliciousness, you WOULD NEVER guess that you’re eating like the healthiest dish EVER. It legit tastes like warm, fluffy & scrumptious comfort food. BASICALLY, FOOL YOURSELF. Convince yourself you’re eating a BIG MAC (Okay, maybe not a big mac, but you catch my drift) Devour it guilt-free. & ENJOY, MY LOVES! It’s as simple as that. (Oh & speaking of Big Macs, every now and then, give your bod what it desires – if it wants that Big Mac, GO IN. But do not make it a habit!!!!).
OKAY, BACK TO THIS BABE OF A RECIPE. Now that you know what you need to whip up this deliciousness, it might be fitting for me to tell you HOW-TO whip ‘er up, no? Thought so! OKAY. Here we go, lovies!!!
- Cook your couscous according to the package directions! USUALLY, you boil the same amount of water as couscous your recipe requires & you add the couscous to the boiling water, throw in some salt & a tablespoon or two of organic extra-virgin olive oil. Then, STIR TO COMBINE & cover these cute little munchkin-like grains for approximately 5 minutes! ET VOILÁ. YOUR COUSCOUS IS ALREADY READY. Admit it, you’re trippppppin’! Once your couscous is cooked, set it aside to cool off!
- NOW, combine all your beautiful veggies & herbs in a large metal mixing bowl! THEN, throw in your flaked-AF tuna & break it apart with a spatula or a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients & WHISK THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM UNTIL THEY ARE FULLY COMBINED & YOU OBTAIN A SMOOTH SAUCE-Y CONSISTENCY. Once ready, set aside!
- NOW, heat your last teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet over MEDIUM heat. Once heated, add your veggie & tuna mixture to the skillet, sauté it for about a minute! Then, pour the BEAUTIFUL SAUCE ALL OVER ‘DA PLACE. WOAH. Sauté & combine all this wonderfulness for another 1-2 minutes (Your spinach will begin to wilt slightly & your tomatoes will start to look braised!). Remove from heat!
- PLATE YOUR BEAUTY. TOP HER WITH THE CHEEEEEEEESE, PARSLEY FLAKES & FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER ET VOILÁ!!!
- NOW… DEVOUR!!!!!!!