My loves! <3 <3 <3
RISE & SHINE! & Happy Wednesday! I love Wednesdays because they are a sign that we’ve made it through HALF THE WEEK & that it’s ALMOST THE FREAKING WEEKEND. Well, I did say “almost”… but you catch my drift, they’re better than Mondays, right?
Anywho, TO MAKE YOUR WEDNESDAY EVEN BETTER, I’m here to talk to you about the SITCH IN MY KITCH at 6:30am (WADDUP?)… I’m talkin’ GLUTEN-FREE CHEWY & CREAMY-AF STRAWBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES filled with Greek yogurt, pure organic vanilla extract, applesauce, cinnamon & FRESH STRAWBERRIES (OBVS!). Oh my munchkins, you are in for SUCH A TREAT TODAY! I legit cannot contain my excitement RN.
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Gluten-Free Greek Yogurt Chewy & Creamy-AF Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies a.k.a. The-Most-Beautiful-Clean-Eating-Pretty-in-Pink-Babes-That-Will-Have-You-At-Hello!
Basically, in a nutshell:
These babies are LIFE. WHAT DO I MEAN? HOW EXACTLY CAN COOKIES = LIFE?
Listen to me & you will understand:
They are PACKED with protein (5 WHOLE grams per cookie, HOLY EFF, right?).
Not only are they packed with protein, but they are JAMMED WITH WHOLE GRAINS.
They contain ZERO. REFINED. SUGAR.
The ingredients are as CLEAN & HEALTHY AS IT GETS.
They are BURSTING WITH DELISH VANILLA & SWEET STRAWBERRIES. Oh & CINNAMON!!!!!
UH, not to mention, they are FREAKING BEAUTIFUL & OOEY-GOOEY CHEWY & CREAMY! I don’t know about you, but I DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY OR WILLPOWER TO SAY NO TO A COOOKIE, especially one that looks like this!!!!
They are OATMEAL COOKIES & you munchkins all know how I feel about MY OATS. Right? Well, in case you didn’t know, OATS = FIBRE. FIBRE = LIFE. ERGO, OATS = LIFE <3 <3 <3 OH & LOVE. DUH!
++++++ They are so guilt-free that you could have AT LEAST TWO in one sitting. No joke.
Anywho lovebugs, based on the above description, I am CERTAIN, NO, I GUARANTEE, that these BABIES are sure to BECOME A STAPLE for you!!!! OH, & if all of this was NOT ENOUGH, you’re cray-cray, BUT:
The babes will bring the most beautiful smell to your kitchen… TO THE POINT WHERE IT WILL LEGIT IMPROVE YOUR MOOD. Magic, right? I know. We’ve discussed this already, but Kelly in the Kitch is not only an amateur chef, BUT ALSO A MAGICIAN.
Okay, RANT OVER. Let’s get to the ingredients list, YA DIG? I know you do. Like you’ve legit been waiting since the beginning of this post. BUT TOO BAD. I had to tell you munchkins why these babies ARE SO PERF. Now that you know, LET’S GET RIGHT TO IT!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, HULLED (a.k.a. cut the top off!) & THINLY SLICED;
- ⅔ cup of 2% organic Greek yogurt;
- ½ tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1 organic egg white;
- ⅓ cup of unsweetened organic applesauce;
- ⅓ cup of granulated sugar or coconut sugar;
- 1 cup of gluten-free oat flour;
- ¼ cup of gluten-free rolled/old-fashioned oats (NOT QUICK OATS!!!);
- ½ tsp. of organic non-GMO baking powder;
- ½ tsp. of organic baking soda;
- ¼ tsp. of sea salt;
I TOLD YOU MUNCHKINS THAT THE INGREDIENTS WERE AS CLEAN & HEALTHY AS IT GETS. Was I lying? NO!
NOW, HOW DO YOU WHIP THIS BEAUTIFULNESS INTO THE BABES PICTURED ABOVE? (I’ve got you wondering, eh?). Here goes, lovies! YOU READY?
- Heat your oven to 375F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper!
- In a blender or food processor (MY BEST FRIEND FOREVER & EVER & EVER), combine the egg white, applesauce, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, salt, baking powder, baking soda, sugar & oat flour!
- PULSE THE EFF OUT OF ALL THIS WONDERFULNESS until the ingredients are FULLY combined & then transfer the beautiful batter to a medium metal mixing bowl.
- AHHHH! MORE & MORE BEAUTIFULNESS IS ABOUT TO BE ADDED. I’M TALKING…fold in your perfectly-thinly-sliced strawberries & crumbly-AF oats!
- Use an ice-cream scoop (BEST. TRICK. EVER) to drop the batter onto the prepared baking sheets (NO, the cookies do not need to be perfectly round. They’re kind of cuter when they’re like ALL MESSY, no?);
- BAKE YOUR BABES FOR 10 MINUTES until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown! (OH MY LORD, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT!).
- REMOVE THE BABES FROM THE OVEN. Transfer them to a wire rack & allow them to cool completely (LET’S BE HONEST, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO RESIST THEM & THEY WILL NOT HAVE TIME TO COOL… BUT THAT’S OKAY, nobody is judging you. We are all in the same boat, my loves & TBH, IT’S ABOUT TO SINK).
- IF, by some insane-MIRACLE in the WORLD, you have any cookies leftover… STORE THEM IN AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER IN THE REFRIGERATOR for up to ONE WEEK! (Guys, I swear, I do not even know why I detail this step for you… who the EFF has the willpower to make these babies last a week? Seriously. What a waste of time, BUT WHATEVZ, I TYPE FAST!).
- DEVOUR (OOPS, you already did!!!!!).
FOOD PORN, ANYONE?!?!
ENJOY MY LOVES!!!! <3 <3
Oh & in case you munchkins care, here’s a progress photo I took last night! CHUBBY CHEEKS ALWAYS: