Deliciously Protein & Fibre-Packed Lentil Green Goddess Salad with Cranberries & Butternut Squash Topped with Creamy-AF Greek Yogurt & Tossed in Kelly’s Honey Dijon Vinaigrette a.k.a. I’ve-Created-a-Legit-Goddess-&-She-Has-Kept-Me-Wanting-More-All-Day-Long-Help-Me-Out-Of-Her-Trap!!!
Hi my loves!!! <3 <3
Back again with TODAY’S LUNCH GOALS! OH, & HAPPY WEDNESDAY NIGHT!! You know what that means, we’re EVEN CLOSER to the weekend now!!! PARTAY!!! (REALLY THOUGH, it’s just constant partays in my mouth at this point, you?).
ANYWHO, ANOTHER DAY & MORE LENTILS. My loves, THIS BABY IS WOAH. I seriously hope you guys aren’t too full after devouring THOSE STRAWBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES from this morning (which I am sure you have already FOUND THE TIME TO WHIP UP because you COULD NOT RESIST). Anywho, even if you are too full, I guarantee that this baby will tempt you to eat, YET AGAIN. Don’t believe me? TRY ME.
TOTAL SIDE NOTE: May I just mention that cooking is all about versatility? Like, as you ALL KNOW, I had lentils yesterday & I whipped up a completely different salad with those munchkins again today & I’M STILL NOT SICK OF THEM. I absolutely-positively-adore the creativity that the kitch has been bringing out in me these days! OKAY, I GET IT. MY PERSONAL REFLECTIONS ARE ANNOYING THE EFF OUT OF YOU. I’M SORRY (Not sorry). NO, but, let’s just take a second to admire this BEAUTY.
OH, & TO MAKE MATTERS EVEN BETTER, might I add that I whipped her up in like 20 minutes (NOT EVEN!!!). So, not only is she BEAUTIFUL-AF, SUPER NUTRITIOUS & PROTEIN & FIBRE-PACKED, but she’s also like the easiest & simplest thing to put together… MY GODDESS, OOPS, I MEAN, MY GOODNESS! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Deliciously Protein & Fibre-Packed Lentil Green Goddess Salad with Cranberries & Butternut Squash Topped with Creamy-AF Greek Yogurt & Tossed in Kelly’s Honey Dijon Vinaigrette a.k.a. I’ve-Created-a-Legit-Goddess-&-She-Has-Kept-Me-Wanting-More-All-Day-Long-Help-Me-Out-Of-Her-Trap!!! (OKAY WOAH, Another “Long Name, Amazing Results” sitch)
Honestly, the name says it all. She’s a FREAKING GODDESS. I mean, are you not legit DYING AT THE SIGHT OF HER?
And if the sight of her is not enough, my loves, do you trust me when I say that the flavour combinations are more on point & beautiful than ever?
AND IF EVEN THE FLAVOUR COMBINATIONS ARE NOT ENOUGH TO CONVINCE YOU, maybe the nutritional value will? I’m talking 23 WHOLE GRAMS OF PROTEIN & 28 GRAMS OF FIBRE. But, is this not ridic? I know, I know!
PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE CONVINCED NOW!!! MAKE ME SMILE! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
Anywho, I think it really is ENOUGH with the ranting. I’m starting to acknowledge I have a problem – that’s the first step, right? LAWL! Just warning you munchkins, this is not a “problem” that I intend to fix, so I hope you got time on your hands! BUT, NOW, I PROMISE WE ARE GETTING TO THAT NITTY-GRITTY… & BY NITTY-GRITTY, I TOTZ. MEAN THE INGREDIENTS LIST. You ready? Leggo.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
OH, btw, GET READY TO CHOP & SLICE LIKE CRAY-CRAY-. But, as always, TOTZ WORTH IT!
- ½ cup of green lentils, COOKED according to package directions;
- 200g of spinach;
- 150g of green cabbage, FINELY CHOPPED;
- 100g of cucumber, THINLY SLICED;
- 1 medium red onion, THINLY SLICED;
- 180g of my Best Ever Roasted Butternut Squash (RECIPE HERE)
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, CHOPPED;
- ½ cup of organic unsweetened dried cranberries;
- ¼ cup of Parm/Romano/nutritional yeast OR… FILL IN THE BLANKS! IN CASE THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME READING ONE OF MY RECIPES, I hate you. Bye! No, but really, what I mean is, fill in the blanks with “ALL OF THE ABOVE“!
- ½ cup of 2% organic Greek yogurt;
- ¼ cup of my Honey Mustard Sauce (RECPE HERE);
- 2 tsp. of YOUR FAVE DRIED HERBS (I leave this part to you, my loves, BUT HERE ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS: Basil, parsley flakes, chives, oregano, thyme or rosemary OR A CRAY-CRAY YUMMY & SAVOURY-AF COMBO OF ALL OR SOME OF THESE MUNCHKINS!).
OKAY, NOW LET’S WHIP THIS BABY INTO SHAPE!! OOPS, I MEAN, LET’S WHIP HER UP & WHIP YOU INTO SHAPE!
- FIRST THINGS FIRST LOVIES, cook your beautiful green lentils according to package directions! Once cooked, set aside & let them cool off (DO NOT MIX THEM IN WITH THE OTHER VEGGIES UNTIL THEY ARE COOLED, UNLESS YOU WANT A SOGGY-AF SALAD. Ew. Bye).
- Add your spinach, green cabbage, cucumber, red onion, butternut squash, parsley, cilantro, & cranberries to a LARGE metal mixing bowl (YES, it must be LARGE. YOU NEED ROOM TO MIX, GOSH!) & TOSS ALL THIS GREEN-AF WONDERFULNESS to combine.
- Once cooled off, add the green lentils to your bowl-of-wonderfulness-that-you-cannot-wait-to-devour (OR, that you ALREADY started devouring as you were mixing it!!!) & TOSS AGAIN to combine with the rest of your beautiful veggies.
- & NOW, the moment when all this perfection-beautifulness-wonderfulness-gorgeousness-GREEN-GODDESSNESS comes together… POUR THE BEAUTIFULLY-CREAMY-AF HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING ALL OVER THE PLACE, LIKE EVERYWHERE. LEGIT. Like, drench the babe in it, literally. MIX WELL so that all your veggies, lentils & cranberries are evenly coated (We have spoken about this before. Food is good to you. Food is yummy. Don’t make your veggies jealous of one another. OKAY? Treat them equally!!!).
- NOW, PLATE YOUR BABY, TOP HER WITH THE SMOOTH & CREAMY-AF GREEK YOGURT & garnish the EFF out of her with the Parm/Romano/nutritional yeast (OR ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!) & SPRINKLE with YOUR FAVE DRIED HERBS!
Enjoy babies!!! Xoxo <3 <3