Hi my loves!! <3 <3 <3
CURRENT SITCH IN MY KITCH: This morning, I wake you up with sweet, sweet, creamy-AF honey mustard sauce. Oh, how I love you (I’m not talking to you. I’m talking to the sauce. Lawlz! Kidding, I love you too! BUT I THINK I LOVE THIS SAUCE MORE #sorrynotsorry).
Basically, honey mustard sauce means A LOT of different things to me, BUT MOSTLY, what it means is that, when it’s ready in my fridge, I WILL MOST DEFINITELY eat something that will be dipped or lathered in sauce. And well, let’s be honest, what in earth’s mind is better than a meal dipped or lathered in sauce? NADA. Right?
AND NOT ONLY THAT, BUT I’M NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT ANY SAUCE. I’M TALKING ABOUT THIS CLASSIC. I’d LEGIT do anything for this baby. We’re talking unconditional love here. I’m telling you guys, take ANYTHING & I mean, ANY FOOD, lather it in this sauce & MAGIC HAPPENS. This is literally HONEY-GOLD-DELICIOUSNESS. It’s the kind of sauce that can turn a food that you HATE into one that you LOVE. And, I am TOTALLY not exaggerating. Basically, you will LOVE anything dipped, lathered, smothered, seasoned, drenched, marinated or coated in this sauce.
Ladies & gents, I present you with Kelly’s Sweet, Sweet Creamy-AF Honey Mustard Sauce a.k.a. Unconditional-Love-For-This-Dream-Come-True-Honey-Gold-Deliciousness.
Okay? Basically, this baby is a dream come true because:
1) Let’s talk about how she only takes five minutes to make. Or not? No. Let’s not. I’LL JUST GIVE YOU THE JIST OF IT. She only takes five minutes to make. And you know what? She actually takes more like three minutes, BUT ALL THIS DEPENDS ON HOW LONG IT TAKES YOU TO FIND THE DIJON IN YOUR FRIDGE… (Oh P.S. Don’t even imagine what my fridge condiment shelf looks like…).
2) She is MAGICALLY DELISH… Basically, THINK: raw organic honey, mayo for days, DIJON (DUH!), white vinegar, a touch of Worcestershire sauce, extra-virgin olive oil & a dash of cayenne pepper… My loves, this flavour combination is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. I’m talking sweet & tangy all over! Don’t believe me? See for yourselves!
3) She’s VERSATILE-AF. You can use her as a salad dressing, a marinade for chicken, tofu, fish or meats, as a dipping sauce for veggies, tortilla chips, a sauce for baked or roasted potatoes… I CAN GO ON FOR DAYS, BABES. But case in point: This babe is USEFUL-AF & CAN ESSENTIALLY BE POURED ONTO ANYTHING.
4) SHE HAS THE MOST PERFECT CONSISTENCY. Bye!
Okay, I wasn’t actually leaving. I didn’t actually mean to say bye… I haven’t even told you munchkins what you need & how to make her! So, HELLO AGAIN. Here we go!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- ¼ cup of raw organic honey;
- ¼ cup of organic mayonnaise;
- ¼ cup of Dijon mustard;
- 1 tbsp. of white distilled vinegar;
- ½ tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce;
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- ¼ tsp. of cayenne pepper!
THAT’S ALL, LOVEBUGS! She’s pretty clean, right? I mean… yes, there’s mayo in this baby, but whatever, sometimes, you just HAVE TO indulge & TREAT YO’SELF… Plus, mayo is made with eggs. Eggs are healthy. Mayo is essentially an egg. Therefore, mayo is healthy. Right? OH PLEASE, WHO CARES. JUST MAKE HER & EAT HER & GOBBLE HER ALL UP. NOURISH YOUR BOD. NOBODY’S COUNTING, OKAY?
KAY so, I am totz not giving you a step-by-step for this babe. It’s not because I don’t love you. It’s simply because YOU DON’T NEED ONE. That’s how easy she is, my loves. Literally, just combine all the beautiful ingredients in a small metal mixing bowl & WHISK THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM UNTIL SMOOTH & CREAMY. Taste this beautiful creaminess & adjust seasoning, if necessary.
WHEN I SAY ADJUST SEASONING, what I mean is:
- You can add in some sea salt & pepper if you wish!
- And, if you want your dressing to be a little on the sweeter side, add 1-2 tbsp. more of honey. I
- f you’re more for the savouriness of this baby, add 1 tbsp. of Dijon & 1 tsp. more of white vinegar!
NOW, DO AS I SAY:
- DOUBLE, QUADRUPLE, TRIPLE YOUR RECIPE.
- STORE THE BABE IN A MASON JAR.
- POUR, DEVOUR, LICK, LATHER, MARINATE, SMOTHER, COAT, DRENCH, GOBBLE UP, SEASON, DIP & every other synonym in the Thesaurus for these words.
OH & FOOD PORN:
Enjoy my loves!! Xoxo! <3 <3 <3