Hi again babies! <3 <3
AS PROMISED, here I am, this time with the reveal of today’s LUNCH GOALS!!! AND, YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE HER, not to mention, you will ADORE ME for how quick, simple & easy she is to whip up!!
Ladies & gents, this is my Egg Whites & Goat Cheese Sautéed in Every-Possible-Spice-in-the-World Stuffed in a Pita Pocket with Pan-Fried Garlic Spinach & Fresh Chopped Parsley a.k.a. Protein-Greens-&-Creamy-AF-Cheese-What-More-Do-You-Need-In-Life? (YUP, another, LONG NAME, AMAZING RESULTS sitch).
Anywho lovies, I shared this one with you STAT, NOT ONLY BECAUSE SHE WAS MAGICALLY DELICIOUS, but also because she’s super convenient for them busy-omg-it’s-2PM-&-I-haven’t-had-lunch-yet days. BASICALLY, THIS BABE WILL BE YOUR SAVIOUR (Being superwoman & all, I think it’s fitting for me to create yummy recipes that could legit save your days, ya feel me?).
As if she wasn’t YUMMY ENOUGH, this babe of a lunch rings in at 32 GRAMS OF PROTEIN & 19 GRAMS OF FIBRE. So basically, if you didn’t catch my drift, she’s NOT ONLY YUMMY, BUT ALSO NUTRITIOUS AF.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
P.S. These ingredients will give you guys enough to make two pita pockets/sandwiches! Obvs if you’re serving more people or simply want LARGER QUANTITIES (& trust me when I say that YOU DO!!!), double, triple, quadruple, you-catch-my-drift, your ingredients, okay?! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Don’t come crying to me if your portions weren’t big enough. BYE!
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil (I use Nutiva!) or organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 8 organic egg whites (Approximately 1 cup!);
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of onion powder;
- ½ tsp. of all-purpose seasoning or Italian seasoning;
- ½ tsp. of dried parsley flakes OR dried oregano (Up to you my loves! It’s all about PREFERENCE & what your body WANTS & LOVES. By now, you know I’m all about nourishing my body & transmitting that message to ALL YOU AMAZING PEOPLE THAT I LOVE OH-SO-MUCH!);
- ¼ tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ¼ tsp. of chilli powder;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning;
- 100g of organic goat cheese;
- 1 tsp. of coconut oil (YES, MORE!) or organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 clove of garlic, MINCED;
- 40g of spinach;
- 2 white or whole-wheat pita pockets OR 4 slices of sprouted toast (Preferably, Ezekiel, OBVS!!!);
- 2 tsp. of yellow mustard;
- 2 tsp. of organic mayonnaise (I use Spectrum!);
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley flakes & 1 tsp. of all-purpose seasoning or Italian seasoning for garnish!
OUI, C’EST TOUT (That’s French for, YES, THAT’S ALL!!!). Admit it, you guys are shocked. Like… Do you see how considerate I am? & How much I try to make your lives easy & simple, especially when it comes to lunch prepping? I know what it’s like to be CONSTANTLY ON-THE-GO & literally FORGET TO EAT sometimes & lunches like this are legit the solution to that. THEY ARE DELICIOUS (so they are very difficult TO RESIST & NOT TO CRAVE) & once the craving hits, they are QUICK, SIMPLE & EASY TO PUT TOGETHER (Legit, in minutes, my loves!!!).
Anywho, aside from being so effing easy, can we just discuss how clean & healthy the ingredients are too?! Basically, THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS THAT YOU KNOW ME & IF YOU DON’T, THANK THEM ANYWAY ‘CAUSE YOU SOMEHOW FOUND MY BLOG. Kay, WOAH, I’m getting a bit conceited there. I take that back. Wait, no I don’t… KAY, FINE, I DO.
Now that you’re drooling at the sight of this ingredients list, I think the time has come where I should step in & tell you munchkins how to put this babe of a lunch together, what do you think? You feel me? Or do you want to continue drooling? The choice is yours my loves, but in case you make a conscious one, HERE GOES!
- Heat the coconut oil/olive oil in a skillet over MEDIUM HEAT.
- Once heated, add your garlic to the skillet & sauté this beauty until FRAGRANT. I don’t think I need to tell you munchkins what that means anymore, right? These first two steps have legit become an almost-staple in like all my recipes. I CAN’T HELP IT. A GIRL’S ALLOWED TO LOVE HER GARLIC, OKAY?
- While the garlic is cooking, add your egg whites & ESSENTIALLY EVERY SINGLE SPICE IN THE WORLD to a metal mixing bowl (NO, BUT SERIOUSLY, I’m talking the garlic powder, onion powder, all-purpose/Italian seasoning, dried parsley flakes/dried oregano, smoked paprika, chilli powder, freshly ground black pepper & sea salt) & WHISK THE EFF OUT OF THE EGG WHITES until they are fully combined with all ‘dem spices!
- ONCE FRAGRANT, A.K.A. ONCE YOU ARE IN GARLIC HEAVEN, add your egg white mixture to the skillet & sauté the PROTEIN-PACKED babes until they are cooked through (DO NOT INCREASE THE HEAT. THEY WILL BURN, GOT IT? GOOD). This should honestly take no more than like 2-3 MINUTES!
- Once cooked, remove the egg whites from the heat & set aside. While they are still HAWT AF, add your goat cheese to the egg whites & MIX EFFING WELL until the cheese is fully combined with ‘dem eggs (GUYS… the sight, not to mention the smell, of the goat cheese melting as you mix it with the eggs is MIND-BOGGLING. YOU WILL GO CRAY-CRAY. NO JOKE!). I WARNED YOU.
- In the same skillet, heat the tsp. of coconut oil/olive oil over MEDIUM HEAT. Once heated, add your garlic & spinach & sauté this GREEN-AF BEAUTIFULNESS until the spinach turns even more beautiful-green & becomes wilted. Remove from the heat & set aside!
- OKAY MY LOVES, NOW, EVERYTHING IS ABOUT TO COME TOGETHER. Toast your pita pockets/sprouted toast OR OTHER CARB. Once toasted AF & your kitch smells like a BAKERY (#WINNING), spread ‘dat mustard, mayo & ALL OVER YOUR PITA POCKET, stuff it with the sautéed garlic spinach & THEN… STUFF IT WITH THEM EGG WHITES UNTIL YOU CAN NO LONGER FIT ANYTHING. I’m talking, REALLY STUFF IT. LET IT OVERFLOW. Guys, YOU NEED YOUR PROTEINS & EGG WHITES ARE SO GUILT-FREE ANYWAY… so don’t be scared to stuff!!!!
- And last but certainly not least, garnish your babe of a lunch with some dried parsley flakes & freshly ground pepper! OH & DRIZZLE SOME SRIRACHA TOO IF THAT’S YOUR THANG!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!!
Enjoy my loves!!! <3 <3 xoxo!
OH & HERE I AM POST-LUNCH!!!! FULL AF BUT SO HAPPY!!!
KAY, BYE!!! DINNER PREP TIME!!!