Best-Ever Healthy-AF Baked Red Bell Peppers Stuffed with Garlic Sautéed Ground Turkey, White Mushrooms, Onions & Cilantro a.k.a. Stuff-Your-Face-Guilt-Free-Wonderfulness-That-Will-Have-You-Begging-For-More
Hello, it’s me. <3
My loves, I’m back, YET AGAIN. With another recipe. OBVS. & Let me tell you babies, those STUFFED AF peppers that I TEASED THE EFF OUT OF YOU WITH on Instagram… well, these are them & I’m FREAKING IMPRESSED AF WITH MYSELF & I AIN’T AFRAID TO BRAG ABOUT IT. These babes literally rendered me speechless, yet again (Maybe one day I will finally learn to shut up & get to the point of things, but based on my track record, I highly DOUBT IT. You?).
Anywho, ladies & gents, these are my Best-Ever Healthy-AF Baked Red Bell Peppers Stuffed with Garlic Sautéed Ground Turkey, White Mushrooms, Onions & Cilantro a.k.a. Stuff-Your-Face-Guilt-Free-Wonderfulness-That-Will-Have-You-Begging-For-More (YES, another LONG NAME, AMAZING RESULTS sitch!!).
SO WHY ARE THESE BABES SO AMAZING?!?!
- They ring in at 31 grams of PROTEIN & 22 grams of FIBRE!!!
- THEY ARE BASICALLY THE ULTIMATE DEFINITION OF EAT YO VEGGIES & EAT YO PROTEINS!!!
- They’re simply & utterly beautiful!
- IT’S NOT WHAT’S ON THE OUTSIDE, BUT ALSO WHAT’S ON THE INSIDE… Basically, what I mean is, NOT ONLY ARE THEY BEAUTZ, BUT THEY ARE FREAKING DELICIOUS AF.
- They’re loaded with tons of yummy spices & cheeeeese for days, a.k.a. THEY ARE FLAVOURFUL & SAVOURY AF.
- THEY’RE GLUTEN-FREE!!! & can even be made VEGAN (if you sub the turkey for some tofu!!!);
- OH & they are LOADED & I MEAN, JAM-PACKED with Vitamin C & beta-carotene, which is full of antioxidant & anti-inflammatory benefits (All this, thanks to them bell peppers!!! WOAH, who knew red peppers were THIS HEALTHY?).
- BASICALLY, THE BABES SEEM TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. I KNOW. BUT, THEY ARE AS REAL (& CLEAN) AS IT GETS. TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, OKAY?
- Anywho, I think it’s time for me to stop ranting… & if I’m saying that, you know it’s REALLY TIME because we all know I cannot control myself. I just have so much to say & so much to share with you lovebugs! BUT FINE, LET’S GET TO THE INGREDIENTS (& THEN WE CAN CONTINUE WITH THE RANTS LATER, ya dig?). K, here goes!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 4 red bell peppers;
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 pound of ground turkey;
- 120g of white mushrooms;
- 1 medium white sweet onion, CHOPPED FINELY;
- 2-3 tbsp. of cilantro or parsley, CHOPPED FINELY;
- 2 tsp. of Italian seasoning;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of onion powder;
- ½ tsp. of ground cumin;
- ½ tsp. of chipotle chilli powder;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- 3 tbsp. of Parm/Romano/Nutritional yeast (OR… FILL IN THE BLANKS… ALL OF THE ABOVE!);
- 1-2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper & 1-2 tsp. of dried parsley flakes for serving;
- ¼ cup of soy sauce or Tamari OR TONS yellow mustard/Dijon mustard for serving;
OKAY, but does it get cleaner than this? I DON’T THINK SO. You? Seriously though, THIS IS RIDIC. And the best part of all of this is you’re probably asking yourselves how something so clean could taste this good… I ask myself the same question, babes. IT JUST DOES. IT JUST DOES.
Okay, I’m sitting here talking about how good these babies are & essentially making you guys go MENTAL. I think it would be quite considerate of me to just tell you how to make ‘em so that you munchkins could see for yourselves. What do you think? OKAY, I KNOW YOU AGREE. Here we go, babes!!!
- Preheat the oven to 350F & grease a casserole dish! Slice off the tops of the bell peppers, remove the membranes & seeds and discard! Arrange the empty peppers standing up in the prepared casserole dish (KAY, BUT CAN WE ALL ACKNOWLEDGE HOW CUTE THEY LOOK JUST STANDING THERE LIKE LITTLE MUNCHKINS?!).
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over MEDIUM HEAT. Once the skillet is heated, add the garlic & sauté until fragrant (A.K.A. YOUR KITCH SMELLS LIKE GARLIC HEAVEN).
- Once the garlic is fragrant AF, add the ground turkey to the skillet & cook until it begins to brown (BUT, is still a little bit pink!).
- Add the mushrooms, onion & cilantro/parsley to the skillet & season the turkey & veggie mixture with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chilli powder, sea salt & freshly ground pepper! SAUTÉ THIS BEAUTIFUL MIXTURE UNTIL THE TURKEY & VEGGIES ARE COOKED THROUGH & YOUR KITCH SMELLS EVEN MORE HEAVENLY!! (I’m not sure that is even possible… BUT YUP!). When ready, remove the mixture from the heat!
- Spoon the turkey & veggie mixture into the bell peppers & top these munchkins with your Parm/Romano/Nutritional yeast OR ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!
- Bake the babies until the cheese is melted & the peppers look roasted. This should take about 8-10 minutes!
- Once baked, remove the babes from the oven, season them with some ‘mo cheese/nutritional yeast, freshly ground black pepper & dried parsley flakes!
- NOW, the choice is yours: You can either pour some soy sauce or Tamari over the babes before serving (If you want your dins to have a little Asian flava!) OR you can serve the babes with some (OOPS, I MEANT TO SAY TONS!) yellow or Dijon mustard on the side (if you want your dins to have a bit more of a deli-ish flava)!
- DEVOURRRRRRR!!!! GOBBBBLE. STUFF YOUR FACE!!!!!! (NO PUN INTENDED. BYE!).
OH RIGHT, DAT FOOD PORN:
Enjoy lovebugs!! <3 xoxo!