Scrumptiously-Delish Thai Turkey, Butternut Squash, Brussels & Clementine Bowl-of-Beautifulness in a Sesame & Lime Dressing a.k.a. Taking-You-All-The-Way-to-Thailand-&-We-Getting-Hungover-Off-This-Babe!
Hi (Yes, I’M BACK, again!!!) my loves! <3 <3
Sunday nights are ALWAYS SO SAD. Like, they are the WORST reminder that a new week is about to start & it’s like there is NADA we can do to change that, do you feel me? ANYWHO, all this to say, I HAVE ONE WAY & ONE WAY ONLY, TO BRIGHTEN YOUR SUNDAY NIGHT. And basically, THIS BABY IS IT.
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Scrumptiously-Delish Thai Turkey, Butternut Squash, Brussels & Clementine Bowl-of-Beautifulness in a Sesame & Lime Dressing a.k.a. Taking-You-All-The-Way-to-Thailand-&-We-Getting-Hungover-Off-This-Babe!
Before I tempt you with all the beautiful ingredients in this baby, let me first let you in on a little something… THIS BABE RINGS IN AT 35 GRAMS OF PROTEIN & 22 GRAMS OF FIBRE per serving. On second thought, this is not JUST A LITTLE SOMETHING… it’s like a HUGE THING. Basically, I just gave you YET ANOTHER reason to be winning at life.
OKAY, now while you salivate at the thought of this protein & fibre JAM-PACKED DINS, why don’t you THINK OF THE FOLLOWING AS WELL? You ready? I’m talking ground turkey sautéed in garlic & sesame oil, soy sauce, coconut sugar, red cabbage, juicy cubed cucumbers, crispy sliced bell peppers, crunchy sliced AF Brussels sprouts, my BEST EVER ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH, clementine, fresh mint, basil, cilantro & parsley (BASICALLY, HERBS FOR DAYZ) & organic unsweetened dried raisins. WOAH.
UH… now you have me ’bout to get started about the dressing & honestly, she’s going to make you MELT AWAY. I’m talking tangy, sweet, savoury, spicy & toasted ALL-IN-ONE. Yes, A PACKAGE DEAL. Legit, not freaking normal. No but seriously, the dressing contains EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN A SALAD DRESSING. I’m talking…sesame oil (THE TOASTED KIND, preferably), rice vinegar, lime juice, pure maple syrup, fresh minced garlic, ginger powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley flakes & salt and peppa! Sounds delish, right? I CAN CONFIRM SHE IS & SOON YOU MUNCHKINS WILL BE ABLE TO AS WELL!
Anywho my loves, if YOU LOVE THAI FOOD & YOU LOVE TURKEY & YOU LOVE SALAD & VEGGIES & YOU LOVE FOOD & YOU LOVE ME, YOU WILL LOVE THIS BABE. Now, let me tell you how to whip this baby up – because, of course you love Thai food, turkey, salad, veggies, FOOD & moi! Was that even questionable? Didn’t think so. KAY, HERE GOES MY LOVES!
YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE TURKEY & THE SALAD:
- 1 tbsp. of organic toasted sesame oil (I use Maison Orphée);
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 250g of ground turkey;
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce/Tamari;
- 2 tbsp. of organic coconut sugar or brown sugar (I used Grace Organics Coconut Sugar, but if you don’t have coconut sugar, brown sugar will work well too! I use the one by Wholesome!);
- 2 cups of shredded red cabbage;
- 100g of cucumber, DICED;
- 75g of bell peppers, SLICED;
- 200g of Brussels sprouts, SLICED FINELY;
- 120g of my Roasted Butternut Squash (RECIPE HERE), DICED;
- 2 clementine, PEELED;
- ½ cup of fresh mint leaves;
- 2-3 tbsp. of fresh basil;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh cilantro;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh parsley;
- OKAY, but can you munchkins tell I like my herbs???? LAWLZ. Well, if you don’t know, now you know!
- ¼ cup of organic dried unsweetened raisins
FOR THE THAI DRESSING:
- 2 tbsp. of organic toasted sesame oil;
- 2 tbsp. of organic natural or seasoned rice vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh lime juice;
- 1 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup OR raw organic honey;
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of onion powder;
- ½ tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning;
Now that you’ve legit drooled all over your phone/laptop/iPad or whatever other electronic device you’re using to read #kellyinthekitch recipes, IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO WIPE THAT DROOL AWAY (EW!!!!) & FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE, QUICK & EASY STEPS to whip this babe up. You ready? OKAY, good!!! HOW TO?
- Heat the sesame oil in a medium skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat!
- Once heated, add the garlic & sauté until fragrant (YOU MUNCHKINS MUST BE GETTING THE HANG OF THIS BY NOW, RIGHT?).
- NOW, add the (beautiful) ground turkey & cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon or spatula, until browned! This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the turkey is looking browned & your kitch starts to smell DELISH AF (& YOU ARE GETTING HUNGRIER & HUNGRIER BY THE SECOND), add the soy sauce, coconut sugar/brown sugar & 1/8 cup of water to the skillet & cook the babe (oops, I mean the TURKEY), stirring consistently, until the liquid has almost evaporated! We’re talking another 2-4 minutes here, lovies!
- While the turkey is cookin’, MULTITASK, ERGO, CHOP UP ALL YOUR VEGGIES!
- Once the turkey is cooked, remove the skillet from the heat.
- In a large bowl (Give yourselves room to mix, my loves!!!), combine the turkey, cabbage, cucumber, bell peppers, Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, clementine, mint, basil, cilantro & raisins!!! HOW BEAUTIFUL, THOUGH? I know!!!!!! Legit, a freaking rainbow.
- In a separate bowl, MAKE YOUR DRESSING (Love me that homemade stuff, you?) Guys, admit that simply by reading the ingredients list for the dressing, you knew this baby was going to be a KEEPER (& when I say keeper, I mean, YOU WON’T EVER BE ABLE TO ALLOW YOURSELF TO BETRAY HER, LIKE C’MON. The flavour combinations are SIMPLY INSANE. I’m talking citrusy, tangy, sweet, savoury spicy & toasted. WOAH. Does it get ANY better than this? I’m actually not quite sure… Let me know!
- OKAY, we’re almost there babies!!!! (P.S. HOW EASY WAS THIS ONE? For a dinner… I HAVE REALLY IMPRESSED MYSELF IN TERMS OF WHIPPING UP SOME QUICK SITCHES these days! What do you munchkins think?). BASICALLY, now all you gotta do is pour the beautifulness that is this THAI DRESSING all over your beautiful turkey, veggie & raisin mixture. MIX VERY, VERY, VERY WELL & make sure all your babies (I’m talking turkey chunks, raisins & veggies) are WELL & EVENLY COATED (They are ALL too beautiful to be treated differently, okay? Got me?). ET VOILÁ!!!!!
- DEVOUR MY LOVES!!!
- P.S. This is an amazing salad to take with you on-the-go for lunch, especially if you have no time to prepare all that fancy stuff in the morning & THE BEST PART: This baby will actually taste EVEN BETTER the next day because all the veggies will have time to marinate in the beautiful dressing overnight in your fridge. BASICALLY, what I’m trying to say is DOUBLE YOUR RECIPE, KAY?
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!!
Enjoy my babes!! <3 <3 xoxo!