Spinach, Arugula, Charred Asparagus, Pear & Green Pea Salad Tossed in a Balsamic Maple & Mustard Vinaigrette a.k.a. All-‘Dem-Greens-Tossed-in-Tangy-&-Sweet-Perfection-Oh-&-THAT-CHAR-THOUGH
HI (again!!!) LOVES! <3 <3
Are you guys also in like the BEST MOOD EVER cause it’s the weekend??? SAME!!
I’m here (Yes, AGAIN!) to talk to you munchkins about today’s lunch!!! BUT, before I get into the nitty-gritty of this beauty, I just want to let you all know that I AM ECSTATIC TO SAY THAT SPINACH FORGAVE ME FOR CHILLING WITH MY SIDE-BABE KALE. He is so forgiving. I just adore him. We finally reunited today as we created this beautiful salad together & honestly, I really missed him. Not sure when I’ll see Kale again, but I’m totally okay with that. Spinach & I are in a really good place RN & I do not want to ruin it.
OKAY, now that my relationship status is out in the open (LAWLZ!), we can get back to discussing this babe of a salad. You ready? THINK: SPINACH (DUH!), arugula, sliced pears, charred asparagus, organic green peas, tons of chopped AF fresh parsley, dill & cilantro, cucumbers, organic unsweetened dried cranberries & IF YOU AREN’T ALREADY DROOLING ENOUGH…. GOAT CHEEEEEESE!!!! All this wonderfulness tossed in a HOMEMADE (OBVS. Have you met me?) MAPLE MUSTARD BALSAMIC DRESSSSSSING!
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Spinach, Arugula, Charred Asparagus, Pear & Green Pea Salad Tossed in a Balsamic Maple & Mustard Vinaigrette a.k.a. All-‘Dem-Greens-Tossed-in-Tangy-&-Sweet-Perfection-Oh-&-THAT-CHAR-THOUGH.
AHHH, my loves, I devoured her in less than ten, NO JOKE & then, all I could think about all day was:
1) the next time I was going to EAT HER &
2) how quickly I wanted to share her with you munchkins!!! (I mean, I know how badly I was killing you with the temptation & I felt terrible. So HERE I AM. Only a few hours later, sharing her with you. I’m the best, right? Thanks!).
Honestly though, how gorgeous is she? Sometimes, I literally ask myself how I can even DIG IN & DEVOUR such beautiful plates. It’s almost like ruining a beautiful piece of artwork. BUT THEN, I take one bite & it’s over. I call myself cray-cray for ever thinking I wasn’t going to devour the plate (I mean, I’m also the NEW MISS PIGGY, as you all know). ANYWHO, I felt this exact way about this beautiful bowl of greens & then… ONE BITE & ALL THOSE SYMPATHETIC FEELINGS SIMPLY VANISHED. POOF.
The combination of the tangy & savoury balsamic with the sweet pears, the (NATURALLY) sweet maple syrup with the crunchy charred asparagus, the chewy dried cranberries with the fresh juicy cucumber… GUYS, WOAH, JUST WOAH. You no longer have to dream about her & I no longer need to think of ways to describe her to you BECAUSE GUESS WHAT? I’M FINALLY GETTING TO THE INGREDIENTS LIST. Here we go babies!!!!
OH WAIT, one last thing – she rings in at a whopping 20 grams of protein & 21 grams of fibre. I KEEP HANDING YOU THEM #WINNING SITUATIONS like there’s no tomorrow. Show me some love!!! <3 OK, now we talk ingredients fo’ real!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE SALAD:
- 200g of spinach;
- 100g of arugula;
- 150g of asparagus, CHOPPED & 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. of garlic powder, ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper & Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning!
- 100g of cucumber, CHOPPED;
- 100g of organic green peas;
- 140g of pears, SLICED;
- 100g of organic goat cheese;
- 1 tbsp. of fresh parsley, CHOPPED;
- 1 tbsp. of fresh dill, CHOPPED;
- 1 tbsp. of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- ¼ cup of organic unsweetened dried cranberries;
- 2-3 tbsp. of Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast (or ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!);
FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup of organic extra-virgin olive oil (I use Maison Orphée);
- 2 tbsp. of organic balsamic vinegar (I use Bioitalia!);
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 1 tsp. of yellow mustard;
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of onion powder;
- 1 tsp. of dried basil/oregano/thyme (UP TO YOU LOVIES, or sprinkle a bit of all three for some CRAY-CRAY ADDED FLAVOUR!);
- ¼ tsp. of ground cumin;
- ¼ tsp. of ground turmeric;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning;
NOW, TO WHIP THIS BABY UP:
Set your oven to LOW BROIL & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chopped asparagus to a metal mixing bowl & season it with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt & black pepper! Broil this green-AF beautifulness for 3 minutes until it begins to look browned & charred! Remove the babes from ‘DA OVEN & set aside to cool off.
Add your spinach, arugula, cucumber, organic green peas, pears, goat cheese, parsley, dill, cilantro & cranberries to a LARGE metal mixing bowl & TOSS ALL THIS GORGEOUSNESS TO COMBINE (Warning: You will slowly melt at this beautiful sight. Like, it amazes me how I come up with these combinations, BUT IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY BECAUSE THEN I HAVE TONS OF CREATIVE IDEAS TO SHARE WITH YOU, MY LOVES!).
- Once cooled off, add the asparagus to your bowl-of-wonderfulness-that-you-cannot-wait-to-devour (OR, that you ALREADY started devouring as you were mixing it!!!).
- Drizzle this babe of a salad, OR SHOULD I SAY, THIS #saladgoals, with the Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast (OR ALLLLL OF ‘DEM!!! I’M NOT JUDGING YOU. PROMISE!).
- & NOW, the moment when all this perfection-beautifulness-wonderfulness-gorgeousness-GREENESS comes together… POUR YOUR SWEET & SAVORY DRESSING ALL OVER DA BABE. Like, drench the babe in it, literally. MIX WELL so that all your veggies are evenly coated (We have spoken about this before. Food is good to you. Food is yummy. Don’t make your veggies jealous of one another. OKAY? Treat them equally!!!).
- NOW YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO GOBBLE THIS BABY UP (And please, do not be ashamed if it takes you like five minutes. We are totz in the same boat! #NOSHAME!!!).
OH & FOOD PORN!!!:
ENJOY babes!!! Xoxoxo! <3 <3