Kelly’s Clean-Eating Homemade Cinnamon-Spiced Apple & Pear Jam a.k.a. Sugar-&-Spice-&-Everything-Nice-Oh-&-a-Little-Goes-a-Long-Way
Hi my loves!! <3 <3
Hope you’re having an awesome SaturYAY!! 🙂 I know I am! I’m having so much fun whipping up tons of deliciousness in my kitch, as always!!! & THE BEST PART is that I have TONS to share with you munchkins to fill your tummies!
OKAY, so CURRENT SITCH IN MY KITCH: I just whipped up some CLEAN-EATING (obvs!!!) HOMEMADE CINNAMON-SPICED APPLE & PEAR JAM!!! You have no freaking idea how excited I am!! Can’t you tell though? I can’t even begin to describe to you the beautiful sweet & spicy smell in my kitch right now. If there was a way for me to lock it in & MAKE MY HOUSE SMELL LIKE THIS FOREVER, I WOULD. Any suggestions?
Basically, the babes (I’m totz referring to the pears & apples) were ABOUT to go bad in the fridge & well, by now, you all know how I feel about WASTING FOOD, right? Yes, I am referring to my NO-WASTE POLICY, which is in full effect RN & always is (for that matter). Anywho… I thought, what better way to save these babies than to make some homemade jam, right? YA FEEL ME. I KNOW.
THINK: Loads of cinnamon drizzzzzzle. Honeycrisp apples. Pears for days. Maple syrup on fleek. & Freshly squeezed lemon juice. DYING, YOU? That’s it my loves. It doesn’t get cleaner than that, right? I KNOW!!!! KAY, but how gorg is she?!?! I KNOW!!!
OH & aside from her gorgeousness, she’s:
- Healthy AF.
- Contains ZERO REFINED SUGAR & all its sweetness comes from 100% natural sources (from the fruits & the pure organic maple syrup!)
- Packed with antioxidants, flavonoids & fibre (Thank you apples & pears).
- Simple, quick & easy to whip up;
- FREE OF PRESERVATIVES!
- THE BEST PART: You know EXACTLY what went into concocting this baby, so you can SPREAD & LATHER HER EVERYWHERE & ON EVERYTHING, AND YOU CAN DO SO COMPLETELY GUILT-FREE.
I KNOW, she really does sound too good to be true, but I promise. This is a reality I created & SHE’S REAL AF. Now, I’m sure you all want to see JUST HOW REAL SHE IS & in order for you to do that, I MUST REVEAL THE INGREDIENTS LIST. I know I rambled a lot… I’m sowwy. BUT IT’S THAT TIME. It’s the big reveal (Actually, you munchkins will see that you don’t need very much to whip this baby up! BUT, A LITTLE GOES A VERY, VERY LONG WAY!). HERE GOES!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 cups of pears, FINELY CHOPPED (leave the skin on!!);
- 2 cups of apples, FINELY CHOPPED (leave the skin on!!);
- 4 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- 5 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup or raw organic honey;
- 1-2 tsp. of ground cinnamon (This totz. depends on HOW MUCH you munchkins love your cinnamon!!! – I used two teaspoons because, in case you didn’t already know, I’m freaking OBSESSED with anything cinnamon!) OH, & some extra for drizzle!
- 1 cup of water;
- OPTIONAL: 2-3 tbsp. of granulated sugar (If you want your jam to have a stickier consistency, the sugar is NOT AN OPTION for you, IT’S A MUST. The jam will still be absolutely-positively DELISH without it, but it all depends on the consistency & texture you want your jam to have!).
NOW, how do you whip this baby up?! IT’S SO EASY, my loves!!! Like, you’re gonna trip. You listening? Here goes!
- In a large pot, combine the pears, apples, lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, water & sugar (If you are adding it. REMEMBER, SUGAR = STICKIER JAM = BETTER JAM. It’s up to you, my loves! Just keep in mind that if you add the sugar, she is no longer REFINED-SUGAR-FREE, but is that really such a bad thing? It’s not like I’m telling y’all to add a cup of sugar or anything…).
- Cook this beautifulness over MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT until the fruits are softened & the water is going cray-cray & bubbly AF.
- Once the fruits are softened & THE BUBBBBBLES GO CRAY, remove from heat & add the fruit to your food processor, drizzle a bit ‘mo cinnamon & PULSE DAT BEAUTIFULNESS until a smooth consistency is obtained!
- Once the perfect consistency is obtained (YOU BE THE JUDGE, MY LOVES!), add the jam back to the pot & bring to a boil over HIGH HEAT. STIR CONSISTENTLY. Yes, my loves, this means, DO NOT STOP STIRRING. DO NOT TAKE A BREAK TO DO SOMETHING ELSE, unless you want your jam to pop all over your oven, backsplash & walls. YOU MUST FOCUS ON YOUR JAM. LOVE YOUR JAM. CARE FOR YOUR JAM. Okay? THE GOOD NEWS? You only have to do this for about 4-5 minutes.
- At the 4-5 minute mark, remove this wonderfulness from the heat & skim any remaining foam off the top! Allow the jam to cool & stickify (TOTALLY NOT A WORD, BUT BASICALLY, LET THE JAM GET STICKY) in the pot.
- Once cooled, ladle this beautifulness into a Mason jar or Tupperware & STORE IN THE REFRIGERATOR. Guys, you must keep in mind that this jam is not like the store-bought kind, a.k.a. it contains ZERO PRESERVATIVES & therefore, if it’s not refrigerated right away & kept refrigerated, it will go bad VERY QUICKLY.
- NOW… DEVOUR!!!!! Honestly, I don’t even know why I even describe the cooling step to you munchkins… does anyone ever really make it past that step anyway? Basically, next time, I’ll just tell you to skip to the “DEVOUR” step & I’ll make your life a tad simpler! You dig?
P.S. Admit you can’t wait to have this baby with your breaky tomorrow!!!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!
ENJOY & SPREAD LIKE CRAY-CRAY!!! <3 <3 xoxo!