Beautifully-Purplish-Pinkish-Bluish Blueberry Almond Butter Smoothie a.k.a. Fruity-&-Nutty-Morning-Bliss-Oh-&-I-Love-Flax-You?
Hi lovies! <3 <3
I just BRIGHTENED YOUR NIGHT. Well, rather, I brightened YOUR-TOMORROW-MORNING. How so? With a delish plant-based smoothie. Listen up.
In a nutshell, she’s BEAUTIFUL, FRUITY, NUTTY, insanely CREAMY-AF, NUTRITIOUS & made with only 6-ingredients (I’m talking… BLUEBERRIES, BANANAS, ALMOND MILK, ALMOND BUTTER, FLAX SEED & CHIA SEEDS!).
Before we get into the nitty-gritty, let me tell you a little bit about how this baby came to life. She was ACTUALLY supposed to be a green smoothie, but when it came time to make her, I was craving blueberries instead (I get these freaking blueberry cravings ALL THE TIME, I just can’t help it!!!!). SO YEP, I chose fruit and almond butter over greens. Go figure.
WOW, Spinach was already mad at me because I chilled with my side-B Kale today, BUT NOW, HE’S GONNA BE EVEN MORE MAD AT ME!!!. But that’s OK! I’m getting better at listening to my body’s cues. And, when it asks for blueberries, I give it blueberries. & I GIVE IT LOTS OF THEM (I’m talking like… the entire pint!). ALL THIS TO SAY, I’M SORRY, SPINACH, FROM THE VERY BOTTOM OF MY HEART. <3 I LOVE YOU.
THE SIMPLICITY OF THIS BABE IS UNCANNY. She requires 6 simple ingredients (& 1 optional one: protein powder, if you’re down with that & stuff OR 1/2 an avocado for ‘dat green fix!), a blender, and 5 minutes to make.
The base of this creamy babe is frozen ripe banana and wild, organic, frozen blueberries. Next comes almond butter for some plant-based protein and creaminess, and beautiful, smooth & GOOD-AS-F-FOR-YOU almond milk blends everything together. I also added flax and chia seeds for plant-based fibre, omega-3 & omega-6 fatty acids. (You can totz. replace these babes for hemp seeds if you prefer)!
Not only is this smoothie healthy, it’s insanely FREAKING DELISH!!! It’s somewhere between a blueberry milkshake & a banana smoothie.. LIKE WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR THOUGH? Trust me, you’re gonna DIE FOR THIS smoothie, ERGO, SHE IS TO-DIE-FOR. I hope you all love HER!!! I mean, how could you not? She’s:
- Purplish-pinkish-bluish & BRIGHT;
- Perfectly sweet;
- Super nutritious;
- & NEED I REMIND YOU? SO EFFING DELISH.
This BABY would make the perfect, quick weekday breakfast or afternoon snack. It’s even a suitable dessert!
MAY I SUGGEST adding a little coconut or almond milk to your glass before pouring on the smoothie for a “swirl” effect. This makes her even more fun & beautiful (Although I don’t know how possible that is at this point. I mean, LOOK AT HER!!!).
OK, I THINK MY DESCRIPTION WAS THOROUGH ENOUGH. NOW, I will finally reveal how to whip her up!!! My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 ½ cups of frozen chunks of banana;
- ½ cup of organic frozen wild blueberries (MY FAVESSSSSSS!!!!);
- 1 tbsp. of raw organic almond butter (or peanut butter!);
- ¾ cup of unsweetened plain organic almond milk (or use vanilla flavoured almond milk or any other plant-based milk, such as cashew or macadamia milk, if you wish!);
- 1 tbsp. of flaxseed meal (I use Bob’s Red Mill);
- 1 tbsp. of chia or hemp seeds;
- OPTIONAL: 1-2 tbsp. of protein powder OR ½ an avocado!
OKAY, admit you just went to SMOOTHIE HEAVEN with the reveal of these ingredients. I KNOW. IT’S BAD. BUT PLEASE COME BACK DOWN. I MISS YOU & I STILL HAVE TO TELL YOU HOW TO COMBINE THEM ALL TO CREATE THIS BABE. You coming? PLEASE!!!!
- Add the bananas, blueberries, almond butter, flaxseed, chia seeds (or hemp seeds) & almond milk to your-excuse-to-be-lazy-in-the-morning (a.k.a. YOUR BLENDER!!!) & BLEND on high until SMOOTH & CREAMY AF CONSISTENCY IS OBTAINED. (If you’re adding protein powder or avocado, obvs throw it in at the same time!);
- If your blender IS NOT OKAY, a.k.a. your blender is having trouble blending all of this deliciousness, add a bit more almond milk (or switch it up & add some coconut milk!). TASTE & ADJUST AS NEEDED, MY LOVES!
- If you want your smoothie to be on the sweeter side, add some more banana!
- If you want it to taste a little more fruity, throw in some ‘mo BLUEBERRIES!
- If you’re looking for some nuttiness or MORE CREAMINESS, scoop (or rather, PLOP) in some more almond butter!
- AND, IF, FOR WHATEVER CRAZY REASON, YOU WANT YOUR BABE TO BE THINNER (Don’t you want her to have some CURVES, c’mon!!!), add some ‘mo almond milk
- Once blended & PERF AF, garnish your babe with additional chia seeds and/or almond butter & ENJOY!!! DEVOUR!!! SIP!!!! (& May I suggest that you sip slowly????… MAKE HER LAST!!!!!).
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!:
ENJOY MY LOVES!! <3 <3 <3