Really Really Yummy & Green Kale & Broccoli Frittata with Sautéed Garlic, Bell Peppers & Onion a.k.a. Protein-Packed-Greens-Packed-Love-Packed-Everything-Packed-Best-Puffy-Delish-Frittata-Ever
Hi my loves!! <3 <3 <3
Happy Thursday! It’s legit ALMOST-THE-FREAKING-WEEKEND. SO EXCITED! YOU? (Do I really even have to ask?). I had SUCH a busy day today!!! It felt so good to get back home. In the kitch. Back in my happy place & in my element!!! LOOK HOW HAPPY IT MADE ME!!!
SOOOO, Once again, this is tonight’s BREAKY, oops, I mean DINNER. Well, really, what I mean is this is tonight’s BREAKY FOR DINNER. Yes, I dreamt of breakfast for dinner again & yes, my babies, this is YET ANOTHER FRITTATA. Only this time, the main events are BROCCOLI & KALE!!!!!! Are you sure you’re ready for this? She was LEGIT a delicious-dream-come-true. & YES, YOU READ RIGHT. BROCCOLI & KALE are the MAIN EVENTS. Admit you’re going cray-cray! Like… how are we supposed to keep ourselves contained when not only one, BUT BOTH OF THESE BEAUTIFUL VEGGIES are combined to make this one-pan dish come to life?!?!
THE ANSWER: You are not expected, nor are you supposed to contain yourself. JUST LET YOURSELVES GET EXCITED, BABIES!!! You will absolutely-positively love her. She’s PROTEIN-PACKED, GREENS-PACKED, LOVE-PACKED, EVERYTHING-PACKED & best of all, she is SOOOOOO easy to make!
P.S. I LEGIT spent the entire day with Kale. Spinach is going to be SO FREAKING MAD AT ME. Any tips on how I should approach him? I’m totz. taking suggestions. PLEASE HELP! I don’t want to piss Spinach off. I want him back…eventually.
Anywho, I will TRY TO stop ranting. Ladies & gents, I present you with my Really Really Yummy & Green Kale & Broccoli Frittata with Sautéed Garlic, Bell Peppers & Onion a.k.a. Protein-Packed-Greens-Packed-Love-Packed-Everything-Packed-Best-Puffy-Delish-Frittata-Ever.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty, since you all already know how freaking good for you broccoli & kale are, NO NUTRITION-101 WITH KELLY IN THE KITCH TONIGHT (#WEH). BUT, please allow me to share the VERY-INTERESTING-FACT that this baby packs a WHOPPPPPING 22 GRAMS OF PROTEIN & 14 GRAMS OF FIBRE. I’m on a FREAKING CLOUD. No joke.
ANDDDDDD, since it doesn’t look like I’m coming down from this cloud ANYTIME SOON, ergo, I won’t be able to come over to whip this baby up for you, I guess it’s only fitting for me to tell you how to do it yourselves (IN HOPES THAT YOU WILL NOT FAIL OR BURN YOUR FRITTATA!). SO HERE GOES LOVIES!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 8 organic egg whites (I use Burnbrae Farms);
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of dried minced onion;
- ¼ tsp. of dried thyme;
- ½ tsp. of dried basil;
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 1/8 tsp. of non-GMO baking powder (MY LOVES, THIS WILL GIVE YOU THE MOST EVENLY-PUFFED FRITTATA fresh out ‘da oven!!!!!);
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning;
- 3 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 medium red onion, CHOPPED;
- 2 cups of KALE, ROUGHLY CHOPPED;
- 5-2 cups of BROCCOLI florets;
- 1 cup of bell peppers, CHOPPED;
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 3 tbsp. of Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast (AHHHHHH, CHEEEEEEEESE FOR DAYS!!!).
THAT’S ALL MY LOVES!!! In case you are wondering, yes, I do acknowledge that there is definitely quite a bit of chopping & mincing involved to put this babe of a dish together, but HEY, that’s what you get for wanting to eat healthy, OKAY? Unfortunately, veggies need to be chopped!!! It’s the price we pay but I find it’s totz. worth it. Ya feel me?
P.S. Can we all just take a moment of silence to acknowledge how freaking clean these ingredients are? LIKE… I’M LEGIT TAKING CLEAN-EATING TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL, we on the same page here? I HOPE SO!!!
NOW, LET’S GET TO THE HOW-TO:
- Set your broiler to LOW HEAT.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a medium skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat! Once heated, add the garlic & sauté for about 2 minutes, UNTIL FRAGRANT (AGAIN MUNCHKINS, GARLIC HEAVEN!!!!).
- ONCE YOU’RE IN GARLIC HEAVEN, add your broccoli & onion to the skillet, season with garlic powder, ground pepper & some salt & sauté the babes for 4-5 minutes until they begin to brown & the broccoli is almost tender! THE SMELL. WOAH.
- Add the bell pepper & sauté this gorgeousness for about 2 minutes! Reduce your heat to MEDIUM. (This is CRUCIAL, MY LOVES. You are almost at the point where you need to add ‘dem egg whites & if your fire is TOO HAWT, YOU WILL CREATE A BURNT EGG WHITE FRITATTA. NOT DOWN, YOU?).
- ONCE YOUR PEPPER IS COOKED THROUGH, ADD MY SIDE-BABE TO THE SKILLET (Please do not burn her. I’ll miss her WAY TOO MUCH!!!). Sauté until the kale becomes wilted & browned!
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites, baking powder & ALL ‘DEM SPICES. FINE. I’ll list them. I’m talking: garlic powder, minced onion, thyme, basil, smoked paprika, black pepper & sea salt!
- Flatten your veggie mixture so that it covers the entire bottom of the skillet!
- Once you have WHISKED THE EFF out of your egg whites & spices FOR DAYS, pour this beauty over the vegetables in the skillet. COOK THE BABES, WITHOUT STIRRING, UNTIL THE BOTTOM OF THE EGGS ARE FIRM & THE EDGES OF THE FRITTATA ARE PULLING AWAY FROM THE PAN (This is the MOST important part of the recipe. YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, RIGHT? WATCH YOUR FRITATTA. LOVE YOUR FRITTATA. CARE FOR YOUR FRITTATA). P.S. This took about 4-5 minutes for me. BUT, that doesn’t mean that I’m giving you permission to chill for 4-5 minutes… lord knows HOW STRONG your oven is & I do not want to be the cause of your burnt frittata. Sorry not sorry.
- Sprinkle the PARM/ROMANO/NUTRITIONAL YEAST (OR ALL OF THE ABOVE) over the frittata & transfer this beauty to the oven. BROIL her for about 2 minutes or until the frittata has puffed up & the CHEEEEZE (or fake CHEEEEEZE) begins to turn golden brown.
- SLICE HER & SERVE HER! OR EAT HER WHOLE!
- DEVOUR! BYE!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!
Enjoy my loves!!! <3 xoxo!